• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suits

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights episode was actually really good, but it just seemed like such a divergence from what the show was, I had a hard time really "feeling it"...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last nights episode was actually really good, but it just seemed like such a divergence from what the show was, I had a hard time really "feeling it"...

I disagree about the divergence.... Basically the whole show has been about how Mike has a heart of gold and looks down on people doing the wrong thing despite being a total fraud... He is now given the perfect job for his personality... And we are too late into the show for them to take it away... Worst that can happen is a threat...

What will probably happen one way or another, is that the firm buys out this new legal clinic

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead show walking. I'm not liking this season, so far. I think it's run it's course. The show should have ended with Mike going to jail.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dead show walking. I'm not liking this season, so far. I think it's run it's course. The show should have ended with Mike going to jail.
No way they would have ended it on that kind of downer note. But I get your point.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

The show has completely run its course.

Mike doesn't even wear a suit anymore.

Hell it probably ran its course when Mike got into I-banking.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, this show has ALWAYS been such a fucking soap opera, any guy who watches it (I do) needs to seriously consider his man card revoked.

My man card has always been pretty nebulous.

Alpha male Harvey gets in touch with his mommy feelings!

Harvey and Louis decide to leave the firm's name in case their surrogate mommy Jessica decides to come back some day...

Heh.

Mike doesn't wear a suit anymore is why you don't like the show anymore Q?

It's more soap than Days of our Fucking Lives.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, this show has ALWAYS been such a fucking soap opera, any guy who watches it (I do) needs to seriously consider his man card revoked.

My man card has always been pretty nebulous.

Alpha male Harvey gets in touch with his mommy feelings!

Harvey and Louis decide to leave the firm's name in case their surrogate mommy Jessica decides to come back some day...

Heh.

Mike doesn't wear a suit anymore is why you don't like the show anymore Q?

It's more soap than Days of our Fucking Lives.

No, I was just pointing out that the show has kind of left it's roots and it's general premise at this point.

Frankly even just ending it after the mid season episode where Mike got out of jail (Kind of like how "White Collar" ended with a half season) would've been fine too.

Now they're just trying to milk the shit out of this thing.

I get it.

But it doesn't mean the show hasn't declined.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was just pointing out that the show has kind of left it's roots and it's general premise at this point.

Frankly even just ending it after the mid season episode where Mike got out of jail (Kind of like how "White Collar" ended with a half season) would've been fine too.

Now they're just trying to milk the shit out of this thing.

I get it.

But it doesn't mean the show hasn't declined.

Eh, it was just as soapy and 'milking it' from season 1 ep 1.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike is going to take the BAR and get his license.

Rachel's father is going to have a heart attack and die. Rachel and Mike will take over his
law firm. Harvey will have a major problem, Louis won't be able to figure out what to do.
Mike and Rachel will save Harvey and Louis and merge Zane with Pearson, Spector and Litt only Pearson will get dropped. The series starts to end.

Mike Marries Rachel.
Louis ends up with the Harvard Law recruiter bitch.
Harvey finally gets Donna back into the sack and marries her.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike is going to take the BAR and get his license.

Rachel's father is going to have a heart attack and die. Rachel and Mike will take over his
law firm. Harvey will have a major problem, Louis won't be able to figure out what to do.
Mike and Rachel will save Harvey and Louis and merge Zane with Pearson, Spector and Litt only Pearson will get dropped. The series starts to end.

Mike Marries Rachel.
Louis ends up with the Harvard Law recruiter bitch.
Harvey finally gets Donna back into the sack and marries her.
If they have Mike pass the bar, that would be the absolute shark moment. No way would he be able to pass the ethics board.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, it was just as soapy and 'milking it' from season 1 ep 1.

I mean, yeah they clearly tried to make this a unisex show. But I don't think that it was milking it from day 1. It had a premise. But now that Mike isn't a lawyer...give it up.

For the record, I'm not always trying to be a flippant asshole.

Only about 83% of the time.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, yeah they clearly tried to make this a unisex show. But I don't think that it was milking it from day 1. It had a premise. But now that Mike isn't a lawyer...give it up.

For the record, I'm not always trying to be a flippant asshole.

Only about 83% of the time.

Except that the dramatic tension OF THE SHOW from jump was Mike getting caught not being a real lawyer. That was it. So it doesn't really make a lot of sense now that they've finally made that arc happen to say that the show has lost its way. That was always going to happen, unless the ratings were awful and nobody watched. (cancellation)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that the dramatic tension OF THE SHOW from jump was Mike getting caught not being a real lawyer. That was it. So it doesn't really make a lot of sense now that they've finally made that arc happen to say that the show has lost its way. That was always going to happen, unless the ratings were awful and nobody watched. (cancellation)

I feel like we're getting our wires crossed.

Yes that was the tension. But it was also about him working as a lawyer at the monster firm. Doing it illegally. Now that we're past that, the show is beyond it's entire premise.

They should've packed it up and ended on a high note...like Mike moving onto I-banking.

Since USA has proven they won't do that grim ending thing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we're getting our wires crossed.

Yes that was the tension. But it was also about him working as a lawyer at the monster firm. Doing it illegally. Now that we're past that, the show is beyond it's entire premise.

They should've packed it up and ended on a high note...like Mike moving onto I-banking.

Since USA has proven they won't do that grim ending thing.

Or they show him working in the law on a different level, and being true to what his character said in the earliest episodes (waxing poetic about grandma)

Just because YOU want him to keep being a shark in a five thousand dollar suit, doesn't mean that the show has lost its way. They laid that foundation in season 1.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they show him working in the law on a different level, and being true to what his character said in the earliest episodes (waxing poetic about grandma)

Just because YOU want him to keep being a shark in a five thousand dollar suit, doesn't mean that the show has lost its way. They laid that foundation in season 1.

I get your point, but you're basically onto a different show at that point IMO. a spinoff, but still a different show.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was it early on, until that cat was out of the bag and then they decided on having the characters act as petty as possible to create drama. A goes behind B's back to help out B. B finds out and takes offense/misinterprets and screws it all up creating problems for A, B, and C. All looks doomed, bring in deus ex machine. Wash, rinse, repeat.

That being said, I was under the impression this was the final episodes of the series. Didn't know it still had the possibility of continuing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point, but you're basically onto a different show at that point IMO. a spinoff, but still a different show.

I'm confused now. So what was all that stuff with Grandma from the first season, his parents dying, the stuff about why he wanted to work in the law?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was it early on, until that cat was out of the bag and then they decided on having the characters act as petty as possible to create drama. A goes behind B's back to help out B. B finds out and takes offense/misinterprets and screws it all up creating problems for A, B, and C. All looks doomed, bring in deus ex machine. Wash, rinse, repeat.

That being said, I was under the impression this was the final episodes of the series. Didn't know it still had the possibility of continuing.

Actually I don't buy that either. A big part of the dramatic tension of the show was the push and pull between what he wanted to do morally, and his mentor figure at the firm being Harvey. Which guy is going to win out?

Q is pissed, because he wants to BE that guy (shark in a $5000 suit), but the central conceit of the show has always been, is it worth it to sell your soul to be successful?

Character after character has paraded through the show who struggles with that same basic thematic element.

It's mind candy, because they never really demand an answer from the viewer. They're still 'good guys,' doing 'good work,' for the most part. If they're breaking rules, they're doing it for greater good reasons. Really horrible people in the show get their just desserts.

The show still works BECAUSE it's cartoony and nobody expects it to be weighty. It's chicken soup for the legal soul in 48 minute spoonfuls.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I don't buy that either. A big part of the dramatic tension of the show was the push and pull between what he wanted to do morally, and his mentor figure at the firm being Harvey. Which guy is going to win out?

Q is pissed, because he wants to BE that guy (shark in a $5000 suit), but the central conceit of the show has always been, is it worth it to sell your soul to be successful?

Character after character has paraded through the show who struggles with that same basic thematic element.

It's mind candy, because they never really demand an answer from the viewer. They're still 'good guys,' doing 'good work,' for the most part. If they're breaking rules, they're doing it for greater good reasons. Really horrible people in the show get their just desserts.

The show still works BECAUSE it's cartoony and nobody expects it to be weighty. It's chicken soup for the legal soul in 48 minute spoonfuls.

I guess I see it differently. I've enjoyed the show. Then at a certain point, everything just started repeating for me and not in a good way. At one point it seemed like they went far out of their way to create drama between two characters. I feel pot committed to the show, I was really hoping this was the last season. Started feeling like it was going to go full circle with Mike mentoring the do-gooder at the clinic, end scene.