• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suits

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I don't buy that either. A big part of the dramatic tension of the show was the push and pull between what he wanted to do morally, and his mentor figure at the firm being Harvey. Which guy is going to win out?

Q is pissed, because he wants to BE that guy (shark in a $5000 suit), but the central conceit of the show has always been, is it worth it to sell your soul to be successful?

Character after character has paraded through the show who struggles with that same basic thematic element.

It's mind candy, because they never really demand an answer from the viewer. They're still 'good guys,' doing 'good work,' for the most part. If they're breaking rules, they're doing it for greater good reasons. Really horrible people in the show get their just desserts.

The show still works BECAUSE it's cartoony and nobody expects it to be weighty. It's chicken soup for the legal soul in 48 minute spoonfuls.

I didn't see it the way you do.

But thanks for sharing that perspective. I will ponder this now.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I see it differently. I've enjoyed the show. Then at a certain point, everything just started repeating for me and not in a good way. At one point it seemed like they went far out of their way to create drama between two characters. I feel pot committed to the show, I was really hoping this was the last season. Started feeling like it was going to go full circle with Mike mentoring the do-gooder at the clinic, end scene.

I watch the show too, I consider it a guilty pleasure, and fully admit I should have my man card revoked. And sure, some of the plots get recycled, that happens with any show that runs that long.

And you bet, you can see them winding it down. Even ol' shark Harvey is starting to get in touch with his inner feelings. In the end episode he and Louis are going to spoon while mudding and then have a threesome with Donna. Roll credits.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the show too, I consider it a guilty pleasure, and fully admit I should have my man card revoked. And sure, some of the plots get recycled, that happens with any show that runs that long.

And you bet, you can see them winding it down. Even ol' shark Harvey is starting to get in touch with his inner feelings. In the end episode he and Louis are going to spoon while mudding and then have a threesome with Donna. Roll credits.

Yeah not digging this stuff with Harvey.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not digging this stuff with Harvey.

Right. Q's show ending:

Harvey takes Louis to the roof of the office and drops him onto 5th avenue 40 stories below. He then fires Donna, and makes her mop up Louis' remains while he gets fitted for a new suit in his office while railing the hot new associate in the firm, and laughs uproariously while getting stared at adoringly by Mike.

Harvey O-face. Montage of them chipping the 'Litt and Pearson' off the lobby wall.

Roll credits.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Q's show ending:

Harvey takes Louis to the roof of the office and drops him onto 5th avenue 40 stories below. He then fires Donna, and makes her mop up Louis' remains while he gets fitted for a new suit in his office while railing the hot new associate in the firm, and laughs uproariously while getting stared at adoringly by Mike.

Harvey O-face. Montage of them chipping the 'Litt and Pearson' off the lobby wall.

Roll credits.

Come on dude.

He fires Donna.

Then nails her.

At least get it right. :dhd:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on dude.

He fires Donna.

Then nails her.

At least get it right. :dhd:

Too sentimental, get that crap outta' here. Donna's tears of rejection as he nails the younger and hotter jr. associate add to the Harvey legend.

Hell Q, I do you better than you do.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too sentimental, get that crap outta' here. Donna's tears of rejection as he nails the younger and hotter jr. associate add to the Harvey legend.

Hell Q, I do you better than you do.

Are we talking about the one that Louis was using to raid Rachel's dad's firm?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking about the one that Louis was using to raid Rachel's dad's firm?

Does it matter? Younger and hotter. Roll credits.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't Harvey have Donna set up his evening with said hot new chick. THEN kick her to the curb?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Q's show ending:

Roll credits.

My take is that going back to the priest to teach would've fit in fine with a series ending event. Get married, start teaching. Rachel graduate and makes boat loads of money as an attorney...problems all solved.

Now, having mike commit a felony to get into the bar......and all this other crap.

It's really not the same show.

But any of them.

I-banking, teaching, whatever would've worked. But the priest, the guy who has shown up multiple times as a key part of his past...coming back to help save him and fulfill his "do good" ideal, would've fit into the whole general narrative.

Also, hate to break it to you, but almost every law student goes in as naive as mike did to try and help people. Almost all of them join firms and don't do what they said they wanted to do at the outset....just sayin.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is that going back to the priest to teach would've fit in fine with a series ending event. Get married, start teaching. Rachel graduate and makes boat loads of money as an attorney...problems all solved.

Now, having mike commit a felony to get into the bar......and all this other crap.

It's really not the same show.

But any of them.

I-banking, teaching, whatever would've worked. But the priest, the guy who has shown up multiple times as a key part of his past...coming back to help save him and fulfill his "do good" ideal, would've fit into the whole general narrative.

Also, hate to break it to you, but almost every law student goes in as naive as mike did to try and help people. Almost all of them join firms and don't do what they said they wanted to do at the outset....just sayin.

Heh, not buying that last part for a hot second.

Downtown Calgary is filled with lawyers who never had a 'help society' bone in their body, from the time they were still sucking on their mommies.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, not buying that last part for a hot second.

Downtown Calgary is filled with lawyers who never had a 'help society' bone in their body, from the time they were still sucking on their mommies.

Nah.

They all think they can save the world, then they realize that saving the world doesn't pay dick

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

They all think they can save the world, then they realize that saving the world doesn't pay dick

Dude, I went to a tiny effing liberal arts university, and met more than one future lawyer, who was only into that to get into politics and get rich and famous.

I can't believe you didn't meet people like that in actual law school.

Unless you're putting people on, YOU were like that.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I went to a tiny effing liberal arts university, and met more than one future lawyer, who was only into that to get into politics and get rich and famous.

I can't believe you didn't meet people like that in actual law school.

Unless you're putting people on, YOU were like that.

I've made it no secret, on KFFL or now here, that I went to LS to be Theo Epstein.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made it no secret, on KFFL or now here, that I went to LS to be Theo Epstein.

Yeah, not exactly working for the poor and downtrodden. :)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's be real.

I've NEVER been a typical anything.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In addition, it falls in line with my political beliefs.

No one gives a shit about me, so everyone else can go fuck themselves. :)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition, it falls in line with my political beliefs.

No one gives a shit about me, so everyone else can go fuck themselves. :)
What you give, you get back.