• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Sugar Bowl: Georgia vs Texas, 8:45 EST, ESPN

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I hate the late start time. I've been off work for 12 days now and have to go back tomorrow, and I have to be up at 4 AM. If there was ever an argument for the legalization of cocaine, this is it.

I'll be up and I'll be tired in the morning.

GO DAWGS!!!

Well the game was over by halftime. I hope you got some rest!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’ve been saying the entire time when dumbasses claim Big 12 teams do not play defense. It truly is impossible to field a top 25 defense in this league. I would love Texas to play an SEC offense every Saturday; Orlando would have the #1 or #2 scoring defense in the country playing these 3 yards and a cloud of dust boring as fuck offenses. Every SEC defense would get boat raced every Saturday in this conference, yes even you Bammer only bc you would have 4-5 days to prepare for these offenses rather than a month.
It only took 2 qtrs to beat the Big 12's best team in their most meaningful game of the year. Congrats on your consolation game tho, UGA was getting a little big for their britches.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA clearly had their heads up their fourth points of contact and woke up way too late to pull them out on time.

Maybe next time they can actually focus on the opponent at hand, vice pining and whining all over Twitter about being left out of a playoff they didn't earn.

Texas showed up and handled business.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA clearly had their heads up their fourth points of contact and woke up way too late to pull them out on time.

Maybe next time they can actually focus on the opponent at hand, vice pining and whining all over Twitter about being left out of a playoff they didn't earn.

Yeah, Texas whipped them at the LOS. No overcoming that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,146.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck those Bulldogs....

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have reached a point where almost beating Alabama is giving teams arrogance

Weird.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only took 2 qtrs to beat the Big 12's best team in their most meaningful game of the year. Congrats on your consolation game tho, UGA was getting a little big for their britches.

Of course it did, from the SEC’s only relevant team. Take Bammer out and the SEC is a glorified mid major this year with ZERO representation in the playoff

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lil Jordan and Johnson come back for their Sr years, Texas should be preseason top 5 in ‘19.

Oh and LOL at OU’s shitty defense giving up 50 +pts to UGA last year!!!

:comeatmebro:
Good gawd you guys are already stacked at WR if they do. And isn't Whittington reporting to campus in a few days? That kid played a very impressive all around game in the state championship.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it did, from the SEC’s only relevant team. Take Bammer out and the SEC is a glorified mid major this year with ZERO representation in the playoff
Odds are UGA would've been in had they not had to play Bama in the SEC CG. The Big 12 on the other hand had no shot aside from Oklahoma and even they can't seem to pull it off when it matters.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are UGA would've been in had they not had to play Bama in the SEC CG. The Big 12 on the other hand had no shot aside from Oklahoma and even they can't seem to pull it off when it matters.

Again, UGA had no business in the playoff after getting their asses handed to them. I agree OU is the only team from the Big 12 that deserved a playoff spot just like Bama was the only team from the SEC that was playoff worthy.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think people are bypassing a hard cold fact: the SEC East might be the shittiest, weakest division in all of CFB. Look what happens when UGA steps outside that division: curbstomped by LSU and Texas and lost to Bama.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, UGA had no business in the playoff after getting their asses handed to them. I agree OU is the only team from the Big 12 that deserved a playoff spot just like Bama was the only team from the SEC that was playoff worthy.
Just think, had it been a 1 loss UGA SEC champ instead of Bama they probably would've ended up #2 behind Clemson and playing ND in the playoffs and would be probably be headed to the NCG. lulz. Crazy how things work out.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good gawd you guys are already stacked at WR if they do. And isn't Whittington reporting to campus in a few days? That kid played a very impressive all around game in the state championship.

Holy shit can’t wait to see what Whittington can do. Rushed for 336 yds in the state title game and accounted for what 5-6 TDs? Also had 12 tackles as safety.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have reached a point where almost beating Alabama is giving teams arrogance

Weird.

And beating teams that almost beat Bama comes with even more arrogance, even for a 9-4 team with “every built-in advantage”.

Texas will be a “serious contender” in 2019. And they have a shot.

Maryland isn’t on the schedule...

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And beating teams that almost beat Bama comes with even more arrogance, even for a 9-4 team with “every built-in advantage”.

The Maryland sweep will be a fun one to go back to every once in a while.

But yes they do have all the tools in the world to be a top 5-10 team every year. And have a tool for a head coach so that helps also.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit can’t wait to see what Whittington can do. Rushed for 336 yds in the state title game and accounted for what 5-6 TDs? Also had 12 tackles as safety.
...and I think you signed a couple more WRs. Staff was probably thinking the big 2 would head to the NFL.

But the NFL WR draft pool could be every crowded this year. That may cause some to stay another year.

Hell, just the Big 12 receivers... if they all decide to declare.... will crowd it out. Not sure of all the classifications. Not counting the one from UT and OU, West Virginia's WR crew, Texas Tech's 2 (maybe 3 High ain't bad), the Okie Lite kid, that monster at Iowa State, and the Reagor kid at TCU. That's just off the top of my head. And Mims at Baylor ain't bad either.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, wouldn't go that far. Outside the CFP, bowl games are a big ass hodgepodge of nutty factors influencing game results.

Texas still isn't as deep as needed to really make a dent in a CFP run IMHO. They had nearly a month off to heal up prior to playing Georgia. (I know, I know...so did Georgia but I digress.) We all know without good depth, it is hard for teams to handle the grind of a week in, week out conference schedule.

Bama was a good example last year. They had a shitpot full of injuries in the regular season...culminating around the Iron Bowl. (Especially at LB if I recall correctly.) But they had good enough depth to hobble to the finish line without losing a game until Auburn. Best thing was not having to play in the CCG and having the rest of the dominos fall in their favor. Once they had that month plus to heal up, they were back to their usual selves and the results proved it.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, wouldn't go that far. Outside the CFP, bowl games are a big ass hodgepodge of nutty factors influencing game results.

Texas still isn't as deep as needed to really make a dent in a CFP run IMHO. They had nearly a month off to heal up prior to playing Georgia. (I know, I know...so did Georgia but I digress.) We all know without good depth, it is hard for teams to handle the grind of a week in, week out conference schedule.

Bama was a good example last year. They had a shitpot full of injuries in the regular season...culminating around the Iron Bowl. (Especially at LB if I recall correctly.) But they had good enough depth to hobble to the finish line without losing a game until Auburn. Best thing was not having to play in the CCG and having the rest of the dominos fall in their favor. Once they had that month plus to heal up, they were back to their usual selves and the results proved it.

You’re analyzing as you should, but the pundits will have them as a major contender, possibly preseason top 5.