• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Street Agents, the Godfather and Tidewater 7 on 7 camps, Thoroughbreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought Mike London was the coaching version of Tim Tebow? This can't be true. Please set this all straight Jeffro.

I have no inside knowledge as to what (if anything) is going on.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no inside knowledge as to what (if anything) is going on.

I respect that you didn't rule it out. I will say that if some UVA fans brought the same "evidence" against us in a reverse situation many on this board would not accept it as a possibility. I'm not saying anything either way because I havent been following along too much.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Have you twitter folks tweeted any players/former players about this? That should draw some interesting perspective and I wouldnt be surprised if some of those guys would do some digging of their own.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am telling you Carson Cutler is pushing his boy Corwin in the spotlight and is one of these ring leaders. He posts on the UVA 247 site under the handle Cwhoosnext. Read some of his posts and tell me im lying. He is almost as bad as Sneed.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet even Jeffro and JO didn't know that was Cutler either.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"If a criminal has what you want, you do business with him." Gracchus, from Spartacus.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be VERY glad we didn't get Cutler. His dad is Cecil Newton 2.0.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do public universities have to post their booster's names somewhere public like the internet? I know it is unlikely that they are that stupid, but it wouldn't hurt to look.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet even Jeffro and JO didn't know that was Cutler either.

I highly doubt that JO had no idea who it was. I'm sure he has access to each person's profile, and can see what name is attached on the credit card.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I highly doubt that JO had no idea who it was. I'm sure he has access to each person's profile, and can see what name is attached on the credit card.
Probably not. Due to legal restrctions he probably has no access to credit card info including names...

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snl_spittake.gif

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully those reporters that you guys notified do some digging

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those wondering, the coaches DO know about these guys. Next year you'll even see Torian in the 757 to combat this and help with Blanding. Might be too much to overcome but watch the amount of emphasis the ENTIRE staff puts towards the 757 next year...

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glad to see all you guys obsessing over UVA and London. It's a great indicator that we're doing just fine.

London is a force, and he has a stable of forces on staff who can really wow kids and their mom and/or dad in the living room. You hear about that all the time. Put it this way, you can send 100 fat white middle aged coaches wearing blazers and bowl pins into a living room in the hood, and after a while they are all the same - just different colored jackets. London and his guys probably go in wearing a golf shirt and talk about real things, and that is exactly one one recruit after another is saying. It's a really different pitch from the standard stuff, and none of it is illegal or wrong at all.

Compare a coach who says (often on the phone), "Look son, you don't want to go to x school, they don't care about you and we do. We've been to this and that Big Bowl, and don't you want to be big time?" Good for the ego, and so long as the wins are there, it mostly works. But it's the same that every SEC school will pitch.

Then you have a coach who can really relate to mom and the kid about their lives, what it means to be a man. And this is one of those really crazy opportunities that few are given to be the best not only in the game - that opportunity is really there - but in all ways. And if the person making that pitch is as persuasive and cadenced as the best preacher, it is powerful. Won't always work, but often will. And if it is endorsed by guys they know who are there, it gives a kid and his family something to really think about.

Most of this is true no matter what the "conventional" competitor is. It's a different approach, is all.

That said, I would warn you even though I'd rather not that accusing dads, moms, coaches and kids of corruption whenever they don't do what you want them to do is a long term very dangerous strategy. It's like the marketing advice anyone will give you: treat a customer right, and they'll tell 5 people. Treat them wrong, and they'll tell 50. And that was before the internet.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at "talking about real things." Like real 5-7 years, real 38-0 losses, and 'real' promised playing time.

No one is afraid of CML, as we've seen with on field product as well as with recruiting. If he's doing shady shit and still can't score more than 7 points in 2 years, it's even more funny how well he 'relates' to kids in his polo and khakis.

Status
Not open for further replies.