• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Street Agents, the Godfather and Tidewater 7 on 7 camps, Thoroughbreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cite the source? Look, that was all original material, so you have the source from a lot of years of training. Like I said, run it by one of your buddies and only then come back on this one.

Nah, VTFF, I'm not going to bite. There has been some conversation elsewhere. If you don't know, you don't know.

This whole thread is full of accusations. I'm not saying anybody is suing anybody. But there had better be some plain facts to support this crap, or it is just that. After having launched, it's really pretty cheap to say "I hope somebody looks into it." That is pussified.

If you don't think that I am contributing anything it is only because you launched and only lately started dodging. There is nothing to contribute to, so far as anyone knows. Kind of works both ways I think.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking for a good internet tough guy meme, but stumbled across this I think you guys will appreciate.

sudoku-grandma.jpeg

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following was posted on Wahoos247, under the name of Coach Carson, who has been a member for 3 months.

My name is Carson Cutler i am the father of Corwin Turtle Cutler and a Coach for the 757Sports Academy. I feel its absolutely disgusting how people are taking shots at men they don't even know. We have a open workout every Sunday for FREE ( which any and everybody is welcome to come watch it and is still open to the public) for any young man from ages 5yrs old to collegiate athletes. We have nothing to hide so instead of fans and coaches alike assuming that something wrong because of 1 young man says he changing his LEAN STATUS (LMAO CRAZY) from one school to another doesn't mean shit !!!! this kid might change his mind again these are kids with THEIR OWN FAMILIES AND THERE OWN DECISIONS. I grew up as a die hard FSU fan and in the State of VA i followed VT football because of past relationship i had with past and present players. I used to have a lot of respect for what they have done with talent have gotten over the years but now i have lost all of respect for them and their fans i still have friends that are hokies. Now you can take my words and twist it all you want to I can and will be a HUGE supporter of Coach Mike London and his staff because of the man that he is and the word that he keeps with the parents and players the only thing he promised me is that my son will get his degree. So all u ignorant ASS S.O.B that have been calling him " BLACK SANTA " (giving gifts to us funding our trips etc is fucking crazzzy but you showed your true colors!!!!! and its not BLACK OR WHITE thing its just your arrogance in thinking that every kid should go to VT because they have chance to win the ACC championship year in year out.Well as all y'all know the tide could be changing for years to come my son and a group of his peers have grown up in this area together so it is about relationships not coaches sending them anywhere. As i am writing this PR letter (LOL) i get a TEXT from one of our kids telling me that he just revived his 1st offer from a school in NC THAT'S why we do what we do, oh and by the way he too was on that 7 on 7 team that went to NY and didn't have a UVA or VT offer and might be 1 of the best players in the State for 2013 but u not fussing about that your just worried about Blanding, Brown, Naddi, Kamara and there are so many more kids that need our help but now i know you don't give a damn about any of them. As Keyshawn Johnsons says "COME ON MAN".

Carson Cutler's statement sounds like a defense of "nothing to see here, move along, nothing to see:whistle:"

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hilarious that Cutler's dad lost respect for VT just because his son is a second-rate QB who could only get offers from second-rate programs like, say, UVA.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hilarious that Cutler's dad lost respect for VT just because his son is a second-rate QB who could only get offers from second-rate programs like, say, UVA.
All bias aside, I do think that Corwin has the *Potential* to be a good QB and I would have loved to have him in O&M, however after Bucky and Parker committed it would be a disservice to Corwin to have him hold a clip board for a few years. As myself and VTFF have posted before, Corwin was low on the VT QB board and we happened to land our top 2 prospects (which never happens at VT when it comes to QBs). Corwin could very well be a starter at UVA his 5th year, only time will tell, but at this point he was not high enough on the board to garner an offer.

That being said I fully understand wanting what is best for your son, and if that means showcasing him to the world to get some offers, than so be it, my parents would have done the same for me if it was needed. When it is known for years that you are a fan of one school (to go as far and say your son will commit on the spot if VT offers), and to commit to their rival in state school, you have to expect some backlash from fans, it is a given. Then when it comes out some of the people you are associated with (and for the record I do not think Corwin's dad is doing anything wrong) are not great people (do a background check or ask some in the know here in the 757) to go off on a message board is just not very smart. Again, I do not think that Carson is doing anything wrong or illegal, I just think he is associated with some people that he probably should not be associated with. To lose respect for a school based on their fans seems a little off to me as well, I can't stand UVA fans but I respect the school, they have some great programs within the school and I respect that, I just do not like their fans and I was born into a "VT family".

Obviously we all make mistakes, I have made plenty with my online "persona", so I take everything that Carson said with a grain of salt. Carson is a nice individual from all accounts I have heard, he even attended a camp last week that was run by Dwight Vick and company and was very complimentary of everything, however I think he needs to think a little bit before he puts out a public rant over the internet. Also, I do not think that Carson pushed Corwin to UVA, he chose them because it was his only offer and he has friends that go their. Any father (or parent) who is involved in their kids recruitment I have respect for, now those that do not want to be involved and allow others that are not a highschool coach (who have rules they have to abide by) to handle their kids recruitment is another story.

All of this "757 Academy", etc stuff boils down to the fact that parents are not involved much, be it because of personal reasons, etc. I would imagine that any parent that is involved in their kids live would allow their kids to visit any opportunity that arises and see what is best for them. If what is best for them turns out to be UVA than so be it, atleast the kid was allowed to see other opportunities. Just my $.02

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's not start cutting down the kids .. We didn't offer him .. It is what it is .. I'm glad to see that he was offered at UVA though it might've been for reasons other than turtle's skill set. Not to say that he doesnt have skills but with uva's qb situation, it didnt make sense to me. His speed doesnt help him in moving to another position...but good for him and i wish him well.

This thread is hilarious.

Hoosrise... You sound just like a typical hoo..trying to cloud the the real discussion with bullshit about slander. There is nothing on this thread that any judge would consider as slander. If you are truly a lawyer (or more likely a paralegal), then you can at least admit to that. And that's besides the point and you know it. Let's discuss the topic .. I get so sick of trying to discuss football with UVA fans when their only response to 75-7 is "UVA has a great med and law school"

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan makes many fantastic points in that post.

On that note, this thread has reduced down to 80% trolling so I am going to go ahead and lock it.

Start another of you want to keep on each other but I am not sure that much more is going to come out of this conversation at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.