• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Still no takers for Kaepernick as Seattle passes on him

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks looked like Kaps best chance to find a team until the Hawks decided to go with a slightly better version than a living scarecrow and signed Austin Davis instead. Yup, Austin Davis over Kaepernick.

This leads me to believe that Kap must be still be looking for big money. Seattle isn't about to pay someone several million to sit on the bench. Either that or teams just don't want the media and fan headaches that would come with signing a polarizing guy like Kaepernick. Either way I'm fine with the decision. I never wanted Kap on the Hawks.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Seahawks went w/ Austin Davis who's only started 10 games his entire career & last played in the NFL in '15 w/ the Browns. Does Seattle really think he's a better back up QB than Kaepernick?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Seahawks went w/ Austin Davis who's only started 10 games his entire career & last played in the NFL in '15 w/ the Browns. Does Seattle really think he's a better back up QB than Kaepernick?

They probably don't think Davis is better, but I bet he's waaaaaaay cheaper. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. I have a feeling that Kap is still looking for $10M or more and he's just not worth it. Especially with all the drama around him from last year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably don't think Davis is better, but I bet he's waaaaaaay cheaper. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. I have a feeling that Kap is still looking for $10M or more and he's just not worth it. Especially with all the drama around him from last year.

If Kap is trying to get 10m a year he's outta his mind.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its official, he is being blackballed

Pete carroll said "We didnt sign Kap because we believe he is a starting QB in this league"

Austin Davis doesnt belong in the league

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Apparently they do

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One theory i heard is that Russ Wilson is hated in the locker room, and if they signed Kap, the locker room may start pushing for him to start, and they didnt wanna start that shit show

That could be a possibility as well

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kap is trying to get 10m a year he's outta his mind.

Ya no kidding.

This is from CBS sports:

"Further, we know from multiple sources that Kaepernick isn’t just looking for any job. Two people to whom I spoke last week say he’s looking for a place that offers him a chance to compete for a starting job and a salary befitting a high-end backup quarterback or a low-end starter. Think something like $9 million to $10 million."

Colin Kaepernick reportedly wants $9M to $10M per year and a chance to start

I think with all his roster bonus's and incentives he made about $20M last year if you can believe it. So he probably thinks he's worth at least $10M still. Living the gangsta lifestyle ain't cheap you know.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya no kidding.

This is from CBS sports:

"Further, we know from multiple sources that Kaepernick isn’t just looking for any job. Two people to whom I spoke last week say he’s looking for a place that offers him a chance to compete for a starting job and a salary befitting a high-end backup quarterback or a low-end starter. Think something like $9 million to $10 million."

I think with all his roster bonus's and incentives he made about $20M last year if you can believe it. So he probably thinks he's worth at least $10M still. Living the gangsta lifestyle ain't cheap you know.

Holy shit!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackballed. People are in denial if they dodge this at this point.

Is he really being blackballed or is he just asking for way too much money? It's probably a bit of both, but he's going to need to take a substantial pay cut if he expects to find a team this season. He didn't do himself any favors by sitting through the anthems last year either.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya no kidding.

This is from CBS sports:

Dude...

This was in March. During heavy FA traffic. This probably was a legit point perhaps- in March. Not June.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope those pig socks were comfortable.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya no kidding.

This is from CBS sports:

For what it is worth, Kaep vehemently denied that story. Says he had never met with any teams and they never made any salary demands

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs North of the broader, play a year or two up in Canada tear that league up and the NFL will come calling again....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...

This was in March. During heavy FA traffic. This probably was a legit point perhaps- in March. Not June.

I'm just speculating and that article isn't really that old so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Kap still expects big money. There must be some reason teams aren't willing to sign him. It's either money or drama that is keeping him jobless in my opinion. And I'm not sure about the drama. Teams will overlook a lot if they feel like a player can help the team. Guys have been involved in all kinds of nasty shit off the field and still found work in the NFL. Remember Bruce Arians talking about this type of thing during the combine? He said if there was a guy accused of being a cannibal but he could run a 4.2 they'd probably diagnose it as an eating disorder.