• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: STEELERS / BENGALS

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^That isn't the whole picture though...there are more elimination options for the following week (ie. Dolphins beat the Jets the following week).

From the gathered evidence, here is what I think needs to happen:

Dolphins lose out.
Ravens lose at least 2 of 3, but one of those losses has to be against the Bengals
Jets win out.
Steelers win out.

That puts the Dolphins, Jets and Steelers at 8-8. The Jets would beat out the Dolphins based on divisional tie-breaker (better division record), and then the Steelers would beat out the Jets on better conference record tie-breaker.

Revision: Ravens lose 2 of 3, but one of those losses has to be against Cincy. Then the Steelers would beat out the Ravens in divisional tie-breaker (better division record).

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^That isn't the whole picture though...there are more elimination options for the following week (ie. Dolphins beat the Jets the following week).

From the gathered evidence, here is what I think needs to happen:

Dolphins lose out.
Ravens lose out.
Jets win out.
Steelers win out.

That puts the Dolphins, Jets and Steelers at 8-8. The Jets would beat out the Dolphins based on divisional tie-breaker (better division record), and then the Steelers would beat out the Jets on better conference record tie-breaker.

This makes more sense... The thing Droop posted doesn't make any sense at all because if the Ravens win out then they would definitely take the 6th seed. Unless I'm just not reading that thing right?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can have the jets, dolphins, ravens and steelers all at 8-8. divisional tie-breakers would apply first, so we would beat out the ravens if they lose to cincy as one of their two more losses (we would have the better division record).

Jets must beat out the dolphins in the divisional tie-breaker, which they would do if they win out and the dolphins lose out.

The Jets would then lose the conference tiebreaker to us in head-to-head matchup.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the link I posted was just for the up coming week and what would eliminate the Steelers this week.

Like I said, all the planets would need to line up, but hey its better than being the browns.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my final revision on the Steeler playoff scenario:

Steelers win out.
Jets win out.
Dolphins lose out.
Ravens go at best 1-2, but one of those losses has to be against the Bengals...if the ravens lose out, they are out of contention.
Chargers go 1-1 at best. If the chargers lose out, they are out of contention.

This would put 5 teams at 8-8. Jets would beat out the Dolphins on division tie-breaker, Steelers would beat out the Ravens on division tie-breaker, and then the 3-way conference tie-breaker between the Steelers, Jets, and Chargers would go to the Steelers due to having the best conference record of the 3.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my final revision on the Steeler playoff scenario:

Steelers win out.
Jets win out.
Dolphins lose out.
Ravens go at best 1-2, but one of those losses has to be against the Bengals...if the ravens lose out, they are out of contention.
Chargers go 1-1 at best. If the chargers lose out, they are out of contention.

This would put 5 teams at 8-8. Jets would beat out the Dolphins on division tie-breaker, Steelers would beat out the Ravens on division tie-breaker, and then the 3-way conference tie-breaker between the Steelers, Jets, and Chargers would go to the Steelers due to having the best conference record of the 3.

You think we could get this guy on the job for 65

Attachments

• miracle-max-and-valerie-princess-bride.jpg
    miracle-max-and-valerie-princess-bride.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 23