• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Start the Frost to Florida rumors now....

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's best chance at Frost is for UCF to go undefeated (beat USF) go to the AAC CCG (rematch w/Memphis, win the AAC CCG, and get selected for a New Years 6 bowl. Not to mention @ SMU this weekend will be no pushover.

I think that will keep Frost from committing to anyone prior to Dec 2nd at the minimum.

Worst case scenario for Nebraska is for UCF to lose to USF and not make the AAC CCG. If that happens then UCF won't likely be the G5 rep to the New Years 6 bowls, and it will be easier for Frost to fill the Florida job as early as November 25th.

It could help Nebraska if Moos were to announce a week prior that Iowa (Nov 24th) will be Riley's last game, but Moos has already said he's not firing anyone until the regular season is finished.
That doesn't mean he can't start a coaching inquiry to see the interest of a particular candidate. For all we know, Moos has already decided to keep/fire HCMR and has begun the search behind closed doors.

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Ryan Bass of 247sports UCF says Florida has zero'd in on Frost.

More info regarding Florida and Frost

I don't know what it says because it's premium content.
How much do some of these people know? People make Shit up to sell whatever rag they write for. I've seen a post from Aaron Taylor (Frosts buddy) saying Nebraska is Frosts dream job and would take it if offered.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin internet bloggers....

Always lying to make me lose sleep en sech.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do some of these people know? People make Shit up to sell whatever rag they write for. I've seen a post from Aaron Taylor (Frosts buddy) saying Nebraska is Frosts dream job and would take it if offered.

I don't know. I just know I'm not paying to read it.

Doubtful they know much as Frost still has a job to do. I'd expect both schools would be tight lipped about the process. They do that so there's no verifiable proof that someone got turned down.
"Frost Rejects The Gators"
Stuff like that.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin internet bloggers....

Always lying to make me lose sleep en sech.

Hey. For all you know they are UCF's version of Steve Supple or Sean Callahan.

They both had Riley pegged in November 2014, right?

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know there is a guy out there coaching at Miss State by the name of Dan Mullen. I don't think the Frost to Florida thing is a lock.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know there is a guy out there coaching at Miss State by the name of Dan Mullen. I don't think the Frost to Florida thing is a lock.

That's my prediction.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I just know I'm not paying to read it.

Doubtful they know much as Frost still has a job to do. I'd expect both schools would be tight lipped about the process. They do that so there's no verifiable proof that someone got turned down.
"Frost Rejects The Gators"
Stuff like that.

So here's the latest I have regarding Frost and the Florida opening...

Bass - I've spent today gathering some more info. A source told me Florida has zeroed in on Frost as their top target, and boosters have already been in contact with Frost's representatives, gauging his interest in Florida. I was also told Steve Spurrier, who's a consultant for Florida athletics, gave his blessing to Stricklin on Frost as the top choice. Florida is fearful they could lose Frost to Nebraska if that job comes open. They're going after him immediately.

Things could escalate quickly between Florida and Frost. However - if he is offered and accepts the job - I doubt he leaves UCF prior to their potential conference championship game in December.

another Bass post- Nebraska won't have an opening until after the season, so that hurts them in my opinion. However, if both were open, I'd think Florida would have the edge, simply because of proximity purposes for recruiting. Nebraska would be tough to turn down given his roots there, but Florida seems to have the edge.

me again....i hope you guys get him regardless. i always like to see former players climb up the coaching ranks and succeed at their alma maters.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to gawd if we don't get Frost I am burning Florida the state to the ground

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to gawd if we don't get Frost I am burning Florida the state to the ground
Your burning Florida State to the ground?

I wish I knew more about Moos. Perhaps he was brought in because of his ability to get our man?

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are other coaches out there other than Frost. Here is a few names

Dan Mullen Miss St
Matt Campbell Iowa ST
Rod Carey NIU
Justin Wilcox Cal
Pat Narduzzi Pitt
Chip Kelly ESPN

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott and the Moos “omega” are quite familiar already from his college days guys

B4EC19A3-340A-4BDA-B1B6-8F68199B8C85.jpeg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your burning Florida State to the ground?

I wish I knew more about Moos. Perhaps he was brought in because of his ability to get our man?

I like the guy so far. He's done a good job of calming the masses with his straight talk, as opposed to hiding under his desk. I assume the 'our man' you refer to is Frost.
He did pull a retired Leach out of sunny Florida and get him to take on the dumpster fire that was Washington St.
I've listened to 5 Moos interviews now and he's answered every question asked. Of course he's never been asked if he's been in contact with Frost's representatives, but I would expect he'd have no comment on that.
In my mind he has. At least to slow the process down in Florida and say Nebraska would be interested if the HC job were to open up.
The only support he's given Riley is "He's my coach right now and he's there to give him what he needs".