• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Start the Frost to Florida rumors now....

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the guy so far. He's done a good job of calming the masses with his straight talk, as opposed to hiding under his desk. I assume the 'our man' you refer to is Frost.
He did pull a retired Leach out of sunny Florida and get him to take on the dumpster fire that was Washington St.
I've listened to 5 Moos interviews now and he's answered every question asked. Of course he's never been asked if he's been in contact with Frost's representatives, but I would expect he'd have no comment on that.
In my mind he has. At least to slow the process down in Florida and say Nebraska would be interested if the HC job were to open up.
The only support he's given Riley is "He's my coach right now and he's there to give him what he needs".
I assume Moos was asked for his top 3 or 5 Head Coach candidates short list for Nebraska (if hired) during his Nebraska job interview, and if Scott Frost was in the top 3, Moos looked really good (in fact good enough to hire).

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume Moos was asked for his top 3 or 5 Head Coach candidates short list for Nebraska (if hired) during his Nebraska job interview, and if Scott Frost was in the top 3, Moos looked really good (in fact good enough to hire).

Dunno. Listening to his interviews, I think he has his thumb on the pulse. He has said he talks to boosters on the regular.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno. Listening to his interviews, I think he has his thumb on the pulse. He has said he talks to boosters on the regular.
He definitely knows what we husker fans are loudly screaming for, especially from the things i have heard going on in lincoln.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you call 1620 and tell them i dont wana hear about Baseball!! The season is finally freaking over, stop talking about it nobody cares!! :D

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you call 1620 and tell them i dont wana hear about Baseball!! The season is finally freaking over, stop talking about it nobody cares!! :D

I switch to 590 when they have segments on NFL, MLB, or NBA. :heh:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moos has said Nebraska's place is in the Top 25. That this is not a rebuilding job (a la Wash St). That with all the tools in place, not being Top 25 is unacceptable.
The only way Riley sniffs the Top 25 is to win the last 4 (8-4). Even then it might take a bowl win to go (9-4).

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moos has said Nebraska's place is in the Top 25. That this is not a rebuilding job (a la Wash St). That with all the tools in place, not being Top 25 is unacceptable.
The only way Riley sniffs the Top 25 is to win the last 4 (8-4). Even then it might take a bowl win to go (9-4).

We had more of a chance against Ohio State than we do Penn State

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us finishing 5-7. Is that fire worthy year three? I don't know but I do not like the direction of the program right now. Nothing is recognizable as Nebraska football. I understand if Moos sees something and gives him more time but I don't see any way this gets better.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us finishing 5-7. Is that fire worthy year three? I don't know but I do not like the direction of the program right now. Nothing is recognizable as Nebraska football. I understand if Moos sees something and gives him more time but I don't see any way this gets better.

Yes because things should be getting better and not worse

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're going 9-4 damn it! Then we fire the coach.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Moos sees something and keeps him another year, he will definitely be having to go out and speak in public what he sees, he wont be able to remain silent and just retain MR without any explanation (especially if 99.999% of husker nation fails to see what Moos sees)

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he will, but I knew with a new AD coming in that the chances were there of him having another year. Now getting him in quickly helps him to evaluate this year but really the last two years are probably not going to be looked at so he only has a few games to evaluate.
I also did not like Moos as another West Coast transplant from a middle of the pack school but he has impressed me (so to all ya'll who drew the line in the sand with me and the newby, I told ya I would give him time and I did) and quite possible that was the intention, to impress the fans and give more time to sort it all out.
He keeps saying MR is his coach and if so than he is looking at how to make him succeed.
If he looks at MR vs SF than it is over and MR is out, I just don't think he will.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he will, but I knew with a new AD coming in that the chances were there of him having another year. Now getting him in quickly helps him to evaluate this year but really the last two years are probably not going to be looked at so he only has a few games to evaluate.
I also did not like Moos as another West Coast transplant from a middle of the pack school but he has impressed me (so to all ya'll who drew the line in the sand with me and the newby, I told ya I would give him time and I did) and quite possible that was the intention, to impress the fans and give more time to sort it all out.
He keeps saying MR is his coach and if so than he is looking at how to make him succeed.
If he looks at MR vs SF than it is over and MR is out, I just don't think he will.
You can say "they wont be looked at" but that is just as absurd as the Playoff Committee ignoring preseason rankings and AP/Coaches polls based solely off preseason rankings. You can say it but no matter what it plays a part consciously or subconsciously.

Moos has definitely impressed with how open and available he has made himself with the 9million interviews and how willing he is to answer questions, how he answers questions, and the content of what he discusses. I love it.

I could see where Moos directs some coaching changes for MR and retains MR but says hey O-Line is a disaster he gotta go, people say DL would be a better play caller if our o-line didnt suck, but he still calls horrible plays for how soft our o-line is, and in the end isnt OC in charge of the whole offense? in the end MR is the manager of the team and his co/asst managers are the OC and DC and below that you have the position coaches etc who are the supervisors... shit rolls up hill in these situations and seems to be some how running straight to MR for not pulling the trigger and lighting a fire under his employee's collective asses

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that sticks in my head is that Moos said he brought in the pirate to make football fun for the fans to watch at Wazzu. Nebraska's offense is anything but exciting these days, defense also. So the question becomes does Moos want extreme patchwork changes out of a 50-50 coach or is it better to start from scratch and build the program the right way with a new coach.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing that sticks in my head is that Moos said he brought in the pirate to make football fun for the fans to watch at Wazzu. Nebraska's offense is anything but exciting these days, defense also. So the question becomes does Moos want extreme patchwork changes out of a 50-50 coach or is it better to start from scratch and build the program the right way with a new coach.
He also said that was because it was going to take years to build that program. He said our table is set. I take that to mean he thinks we have the tools, including players, to play at the level we should be now and we should not have to wait for it.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things would cause Nebraska to lean towards a HC change. First would be the fans walking out of games early, and second is if the top boosters demanded it of the Board of Regents before Moos was hired.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet if some magic happened and we went 8-4 with that giant win on the road at Penn State, we would fairly easily jump into the top 25.

Problem is, 8-4 is impossible. 7-5 is highly improbable. 6-6 is being optimistic. 5-7 is being realistic.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, if we make a bowl game this year, does Moos fire Riley before or after the game?

He said he doesn't fire coaches during the season. Bowl game is post season. I would have to guess Riley is gone the morning following the Iowa game, no?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet if some magic happened and we went 8-4 with that giant win on the road at Penn State, we would fairly easily jump into the top 25.

Problem is, 8-4 is impossible. 7-5 is highly improbable. 6-6 is being optimistic. 5-7 is being realistic.

Yeah. That would mean 5 W's in a row momentum as well.

4 loss teams start showing up in the Top 25 the last week of the regular season. I think (7-5) teams are rare if ever present.

I feel like I'm in OD's Scenario Village 'bout now.