• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was never truly a big Star Wars fan but with all the Star Wars hype this year and myself being a huge fan of cinema in general I rewatched the original trilogy then the prequel trilogy...and I'm completely hooked

I've watched every trailer and tv spot. Watched Finn's reaction to the trailer. Watched the trailer breakdowns and easter egg analysis.

Can't wait for Dec 18th. I bought 4 tickets to see it at the biggest theater in Seattle (The Cinerama) which displays a 96 ft curved screen, allows you to preselect seating and serves beer.

As for the discussion on Luke's absence in the trailer and all the promotions...I say either JJ Abrams is trolling all of us or they are hiding a huge reveal/twist. I say it's the latter.

Can't say for sure if Luke has turned to the dark side but they are hiding him for a reason. Disney has also opted out of pre-screening the film in order to qualify for the Oscars simply they can avoid any spoilers being leaked throughout the internet. That to me is a major sign of a big reveal somewhere in the plot that they are masking from all of us.

My guess is Luke will turn to the dark side (eventually) but not in this film. The big reveal they are hiding from everyone is a pivotal character's death like Obi Wan's death in A New Hope. Han maybe?

Regardless, I love that they haven't shown any glimpse of Luke yet. This has made all the discussions leading up to the film that more interesting. And now his first appearance on screen will be one of the most anticipated and impactful moments in the film.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was never truly a big Star Wars fan but with all the Star Wars hype this year and myself being a huge fan of cinema in general I rewatched the original trilogy then the prequel trilogy...and I'm completely hooked

I've watched every trailer and tv spot. Watched Finn's reaction to the trailer. Watched the trailer breakdowns and easter egg analysis.

Can't wait for Dec 18th. I bought 4 tickets to see it at the biggest theater in Seattle (The Cinerama) which displays a 96 ft curved screen, allows you to preselect seating and serves beer.

As for the discussion on Luke's absence in the trailer and all the promotions...I say either JJ Abrams is trolling all of us or they are hiding a huge reveal/twist. I say it's the latter.

Can't say for sure if Luke has turned to the dark side but they are hiding him for a reason. Disney has also opted out of pre-screening the film in order to qualify for the Oscars simply they can avoid any spoilers being leaked throughout the internet. That to me is a major sign of a big reveal somewhere in the plot that they are masking from all of us.

My guess is Luke will turn to the dark side (eventually) but not in this film. The big reveal they are hiding from everyone is a pivotal character's death like Obi Wan's death in A New Hope. Han maybe?

Regardless, I love that they haven't shown any glimpse of Luke yet. This has made all the discussions leading up to the film that more interesting. And now his first appearance on screen will be one of the most anticipated and impactful moments in the film.

I share your almost rabid anticipation for this movie, but I really don't think Luke will ever go Dark. JJ Abrams always has his twists and secrets, but for this one, I'm thinking the twists are ones that everyone already suspects (siblings and the death of a main character.)

I don't think Luke will have much of a role in Ep VII. They've said at this point in the universe, Luke has been blackballed and is almost a myth. The New Order has created the paradigm that Luke was an evil terrorist who attacked and destroyed the righteous Empire, contrary to what we know really happened. I think this forced him to go into hiding and try to rebuild the Jedi order as best he can. Probably quietly training force sensitive kids and becoming even more of a powerful centered Jedi master.

I don't know, I just can't see them completely twisting the main hero of 30 years of fandom and turning him evil. I think the idea that he becomes even more of a powerful hero makes the most sense.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I share your almost rabid anticipation for this movie, but I really don't think Luke will ever go Dark. JJ Abrams always has his twists and secrets, but for this one, I'm thinking the twists are ones that everyone already suspects (siblings and the death of a main character.)

I don't think Luke will have much of a role in Ep VII. They've said at this point in the universe, Luke has been blackballed and is almost a myth. The New Order has created the paradigm that Luke was an evil terrorist who attacked and destroyed the righteous Empire, contrary to what we know really happened. I think this forced him to go into hiding and try to rebuild the Jedi order as best he can. Probably quietly training force sensitive kids and becoming even more of a powerful centered Jedi master.

I don't know, I just can't see them completely twisting the main hero of 30 years of fandom and turning him evil. I think the idea that he becomes even more of a powerful hero makes the most sense.
EU based theory.... Luke self exiled himself (so as to protect others from himself) in an attempt to master the both the light and dark sides. Or maybe just dabbled in the dark side for a better understanding of how to combat it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Luke will turn to the darkside either. It would defeat the purpose of redeeming his father if he did. Obi Wan became a hermit when he faced insurmountable odds against an entire empire, he only reappeared when Luke and the Rebellion came into the picture. He also knew how to become a force ghost so he wasn't afraid of death either. In fact, Obi Wan became one with the force without having to die, something not even Yoda did. Luke could likely do the same with the Resistance and Rey.

I don't think a main character will die in Episode 7 either, Episode 8 and 9 are more likely imo. Since everyone is expecting a main character death, I think they might have gone in a different direction. I know Leia was crying in one scene but that could just be the result of fighting a war for her entire life with seemingly no end in sight.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Luke will turn to the darkside either. It would defeat the purpose of redeeming his father if he did. Obi Wan became a hermit when he faced insurmountable odds against an entire empire, he only reappeared when Luke and the Rebellion came into the picture. He also knew how to become a force ghost so he wasn't afraid of death either. In fact, Obi Wan became one with the force without having to die, something not even Yoda did. Luke could likely do the same with the Resistance and Rey.

I don't think a main character will die in Episode 7 either, Episode 8 and 9 are more likely imo. Since everyone is expecting a main character death, I think they might have gone in a different direction. I know Leia was crying in one scene but that could just be the result of fighting a war for her entire life with seemingly no end in sight.
THANK YOU! I hate that people don't realize/acknowledge this.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone read Aftermath yet? And do you think it's necessary to try and get read before Ep. VII?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone read Aftermath yet? And do you think it's necessary to try and get read before Ep. VII?

Have not, but none of the extra media is necessary to enjoy and understand the movies. I'm sure you might get an extra little nod to something or maybe be able to link something small together first, but no, none of the books are necessary reading.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any one post the following into Google yet?

a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, SW IIV gets PG-13 rating.

*VII

Not surprised in the least. The violence itself is enough to garner the PG-13. It doesn't really exclude anyone since kids under 13 are going to be going with their parents anyway.

SomeGuy

Christian Conservative
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*VII

Not surprised in the least. The violence itself is enough to garner the PG-13. It doesn't really exclude anyone since kids under 13 are going to be going with their parents anyway.
Oops!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like some new footage in the trailer that aired during the Bears/Packers game tonight. Less than a month away!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad the younger chick or whatever has already been nude. Saves me so much time searching for fakes or using imagination or whatever. She's of age of course (already checked) but knowing ahead of time I got this in my back pocket is a plus. Think we had to wait for like another 5 years for Natalie? It was ridiculous.