• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens (2015)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what time period does the fake wife reveal herself in the comic? After RotJ or before? Force Awakens is supposed to be about 30 years after RotJ, after Han is redeemed from his scoundrel days. For Finn to be Han's son, he would have had to had hooked up with the fake wife after RotJ and that's what I think would ruin him as a hero.

No clue about the time. I haven't read it and I'm not even sure its out. I just remember reading a story about it. How many years does A New Hope to Return of the Jedi span? If its only a couple, they could get away with saying he fathered Finn sortly before ANH

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue about the time. I haven't read it and I'm not even sure its out. I just remember reading a story about it. How many years does A New Hope to Return of the Jedi span? If its only a couple, they could get away with saying he fathered Finn sortly before ANH
Gotta be a couple years at least. That would make Finn close to 40 and he's mid 20's

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finn-vs-kylo-ren-finn-surprised-tfa-156397.jpg

Didn't notice till now, but Kylo Ren doesn't have his helmet on here. Now can we put the Luke=Kylo debate to rest for good?

Also, from what I have read, the reason why Finn has the saber is because Rey (who learns from some other character) she is force sensitive and is Han's long lost daughter. She apparently wants nothing to do with The Force at first.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 weeks....

Love that new trailer.

And it's kind of refreshing that they've let her keep her heavy English accent in the movie when you've got so many Brit actors going overboard with a fake Americanized delivery these days.

Somewhere in northern California, Lucas just watched that trailer and is hitting the bottle hard. The opening seconds of that trailer completely destroys his entire shitfest 1-3.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they play it safe, none of the main characters. Probably someone Rei meets along the way. Maybe Leia? She is supposed to be force sensitive at the end of the original trilogy. It looks like someone wearing a robe.

I'd say it's someone Rei knew who isn't a main character of the new or original trilogy.

I don't know. In the previous trailer, it looked like she was crying with jungle foliage around her, now it looks like snow is falling which could mean it takes place on the snow planet\base the new version of the empire is operating from. And it looks a lot like fur on that body she's crying over.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 49330

Didn't notice till now, but Kylo Ren doesn't have his helmet on here. Now can we put the Luke=Kylo debate to rest for good?

Also, from what I have read, the reason why Finn has the saber is because Rey (who learns from some other character) she is force sensitive and is Han's long lost daughter. She apparently wants nothing to do with The Force at first.

He's probably sans helmet. I'm 75% sure I saw a clip or picture over the last year of Adam Driver wearing that outfit which why I don't understand why people think Ren is Luke

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 weeks....

Love that new trailer.

And it's kind of refreshing that they've let her keep her heavy English accent in the movie when you've got so many Brit actors going overboard with a fake Americanized delivery these days.

Somewhere in northern California, Lucas just watched that trailer and is hitting the bottle hard. The opening seconds of that trailer completely destroys his entire shitfest 1-3.

brit accent = bad guy in star wars!

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. In the previous trailer, it looked like she was crying with jungle foliage around her, now it looks like snow is falling which could mean it takes place on the snow planet\base the new version of the empire is operating from. And it looks a lot like fur on that body she's crying over.

looks like chewie to me. that bear is old, remember? he was in Ep3 - almost as old as c3po...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably sans helmet. I'm 75% sure I saw a clip or picture over the last year of Adam Driver wearing that outfit which why I don't understand why people think Ren is Luke

Even Abrams mentioned that something that was going to be a central theme of this new series was that they were going to explore more about jedi/sith lore, then in the previous movies. All of them.

There are planets with lost cities\ruins that are supposed to be considered holy places to the sith as it's considered the birth places of their order. The knights of Ren may end up being just fanboys of the dark side and Kylo being fanboy general, but they're mentioned to be attempting to live by the ancient code and their most sacred place is a planet that stores powerful relics to the Sith. A sith homeworld, etc...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like chewie to me. that bear is old, remember? he was in Ep3 - almost as old as c3po...

If I remember correctly, Wookies are supposed to have a extremely long life span from birth to death compared to a lot of the other SW universe creatures.

I'm also not going to be shocked in the least if one or more of the legacy characters dies in this movie. You kind of know it's coming.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke was never Kylo Ren. That rumor had to come from very uninformed nerds.

Wookies live to be very old, but I can see Chewie dying. He owes a life debt to Han so that would be a heartbreaking tragic end to a beloved character.

The audio in the new trailer tells me someone dies (hope is not lost) but that Rey, who I believe is a Skywalker, is the new hope for the universe.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to me it's pretty obvious there's a very human, very white, or at least white-ish, ear on the right side of the being laying there. Honestly, between the hair color and that ear, it kind of looks like Leia to me. That really surprises me as I assumed Han was the one they would kill, if for no other reason, because Ford wanted Han dead in the original trilogy and it's been popular speculation that killing Han was the only way to get Harrison back.

As I mentioned before, it appeared to me that we were looking at snow falling in the U.S. trailer and it still appears that way in the international trailer. The clip of Finn and Kylo Ren about to fight in the snow, isn't likely to happen early in the movie. I'd guess that's more than halfway through, and possibly close to the end, which is usually around the time you kill a pivotal character. Possibly a case of KR tracking some rebels down to that planet, and by the end of it all, someone has to make the ultimate sacrifice. If KR kills Leia, whom also happens to be his mother, that could lead to a quality "holy shit" moment and serve to launch Rey into Jedi training.

Kylo Ren's light saber also appears way more unstable in the latest poster and this clip than I had originally thought it would be. That makes me wonder if it's going to cause him an issue at some point.

Rey's comment about waiting for her family makes me pretty curious if she is indeed the daughter of Leia and Han, and possibly the sister of Kylo Ren, whom was once a good guy. Perhaps she's the daughter of Luke? It would make some sense from the perspective that he's been gone, so naturally, she would be waiting. The only issue would then be her mom, which then brings me back to leaning to her being Han and Leia's daughter.

The harder they try to sell Finn as a Jedi, the more doubts I have about him being one. It feels a little too forced at this point, especially since they haven't gone all the way and shown him taken out some storm troopers with his light saber.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True, I just want to believe that they wouldn't show a big character death in the trailer. That being said it does look like 2 different scenes with the snow and the jungle, making me doubt if everything is from the trailer is from the first act.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Abrams mentioned that something that was going to be a central theme of this new series was that they were going to explore more about jedi/sith lore, then in the previous movies. All of them.

There are planets with lost cities\ruins that are supposed to be considered holy places to the sith as it's considered the birth places of their order. The knights of Ren may end up being just fanboys of the dark side and Kylo being fanboy general, but they're mentioned to be attempting to live by the ancient code and their most sacred place is a planet that stores powerful relics to the Sith. A sith homeworld, etc...

Korriban perhaps? One planet that I would love to see in this new trilogy. Maybe visit the tombs of the Sith Lords.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Luke is Ren thing is just dumb trolling. Nobody is seriously claiming that besides clowns looking for an attention fix.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kylo Ren gets one of the stand alone movies. I would love to know more about him.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Kylo Ren gets one of the stand alone movies. I would love to know more about him.

Well on the bright side, you just might see him in another light within this movie.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The harder they try to sell Finn as a Jedi, the more doubts I have about him being one. It feels a little too forced at this point, especially since they haven't gone all the way and shown him taken out some storm troopers with his light saber.
That would be a huge deception considering the character posters. Han has his blaster. Rey has her staff. Ren has his red lightsaber. And then Finn has the blue lightsaber.

I can't imagine Rey being anything other than a descendant of Anakin, most likely from Leia and Han. She looks too much like a cross between Portman and Fisher, and that's some pretty specific casting choices, IMO. If that's another attempt at deception, then Abrams has gone way cheesy.

Anyway, my hope is that Poe is at least force sensitive.