• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 - Capitals vs. Islanders

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the league and all fans outside NYI fans are rooting for the Caps?

I'm rooting for the Isles.

I love Brooks Orpik, and every game I've watched of this series, he's been very good, IMO. I will always be a huge fan of his. He plays the game the right way.

I like Tavares more, though. He has been so clutch for the Isles in this series. I think he has a point in five of the six games, so far. Just a pleasure to watch JT play the game.

It should be an awesome atmosphere tonight in DC. Can't wait to tune in.

G/L to the fans

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I would have had to leave 2 hours ago to get there in time for the game. I live in RI now.

That's not so bad. If you lived in Fairfax VA, it would take you longer. Especially if it's raining.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

In related news, Obama and his motorcade made the Isles late to game 5(?). Thanks, Obama!

Yep - I was late to the game because of that crap too. If you expect to get anywhere in DC, just take the time it would normally take, add an hour and hit the can before you go. Brutal.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - I was late to the game because of that crap too. If you expect to get anywhere in DC, just take the time it would normally take, add an hour and hit the can before you go. Brutal.

I used to live northeast of Baltimore and worked for a guy who had Caps season tickets (He lived in Crofton). He'd give me tickets and it pretty much meant a day off for me to get there in time for drop. ~ Two hours typically just to get to the metro station at Greenbelt.

Then that God damned train...

*shudder*

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing a game 8 in this series - So conflicted, part of me wants to see the Caps advance, but another part of me wants to hear "Potvin Sucks" at MSG (lol).

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind seeing a game 8 in this series - So conflicted, part of me wants to see the Caps advance, but another part of me wants to hear "Potvin Sucks" at MSG (lol).

The Rangers chanting Potvin sucks at this point is almost as ridiculous as the Islander fans chanting "1940" right now. (I feel it was one of the best chants of all-time IMO)

I can't focus on work.....CMON 7:30!!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Nineteen-Forty" was one of the best chants ever - Leave it to a bunch of Oilers to ruin our fun.

:D

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the league and all fans outside NYI fans are rooting for the Caps?
with no dog in the fight, I'm rooting for the Isles....NYR vs NYI to closeout Nassau would be epic IMO

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally behind the Isles here for 3 reasons.

1. Its DC. We all hate DC. Just because its DC. They have my tax dollars. (Wait, why do I love Vegas then? Vegas has all the rest of my $$. Nevermind).
2. The Caps used to be one of my teams. Until they ditched the original uni. I love that old look, and glad to see they were wearing it this series.
3. And most importantly, the Isles have more FOGs (Former Oshawa Generals) then any other team going.

The ONLY thing I will criticize Johnny T for was his public display at the end of Game 6. No, not the armwaving. That was OK but FAR too understated. Dude shoulda grabbed the mic and "guaranteed" they would be coming back for Round 2. Would have blown the roof off if he did that.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally behind the Isles here for 3 reasons.

1. Its DC. We all hate DC. Just because its DC. They have my tax dollars. (Wait, why do I love Vegas then? Vegas has all the rest of my $$. Nevermind).
2. The Caps used to be one of my teams. Until they ditched the original uni. I love that old look, and glad to see they were wearing it this series.
3. And most importantly, the Isles have more FOGs (Former Oshawa Generals) then any other team going.

The ONLY thing I will criticize Johnny T for was his public display at the end of Game 6. No, not the armwaving. That was OK but FAR too understated. Dude shoulda grabbed the mic and "guaranteed" they would be coming back for Round 2. Would have blown the roof off if he did that.

Someone tweeted a picture of some of the roof that fell off during the empty netter. Place is slowly crumbling to the ground....

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I'm wrong but....
More likely scenario is next round when the isles lose to the Rangers they'll say it's because the caps wore them down in the first series.
well i've prepared for the worst tonight. hope for the best. :(