• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford regressing the last 2 games

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since the comeback against the cowboys by just halling passes deep down the middle to CJ, Stafford has lost all discipline the last 2 games. 5 Ints in 2 games and completing less than 50% of his passes. I know we were all sick of the slants, but reverting back to schoolyard ball is not the answer either. Teams will be going back to sitting in the 2 deep safeties like last year and we will go on another losing streak to end the season. They really need to mix it up. Predictablity equalls loss in the NFL no matter what you are doing.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is looking like Cutler out their chucking the damn ball in areas he just shouldn't. Even the ball CJ gifted to the Bucs at the end was a throw Stafford should not have made.

He was a better QB when he manage the game and picks and chooses his shots instead of trying to channel young Brett Farve.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see regression over two games. I saw one drive against Dallas and one drive against Cincy that were great. Other than that Im looking at 27 games in a row of a quarterback I wish was a lot better than he actually is. CJ doesn't play, we lose. That isn't the case for any other QB/top receiver combo.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see regression over two games. I saw one drive against Dallas and one drive against Cincy that were great. Other than that Im looking at 27 games in a row of a quarterback I wish was a lot better than he actually is. CJ doesn't play, we lose. That isn't the case for any other QB/top receiver combo.

Yep, pretty much.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stafford has a lot of faith in his arm, maybe to much. But he is still better than the alternatives. Funny how Andrew Luck looks very average without Reggie Wayne!

The Lions need to work with Stafford on decision making. I think his last two games were horrid but lets face it if CJ ants onto that ball and the Lions punch it in to beat the Bucs we are not having this conversation.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has a lot of faith in his arm, maybe to much. But he is still better than the alternatives. Funny how Andrew Luck looks very average without Reggie Wayne!

The Lions need to work with Stafford on decision making. I think his last two games were horrid but lets face it if CJ ants onto that ball and the Lions punch it in to beat the Bucs we are not having this conversation.

We'd still be having this conversation. Smitty and I would be chastised for it, that's all.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see here. I opened my big mouth and said Stafford was elite, but then settled for him playing at an elite level before the Steelers game. Right before that game, I thought about it and said that I wouldnt make this claim again until I see what he does with the rest of the season and if he leads the team to the playoffs. It ain't looking good! Thursday will tell me a lot about him.

I actually think the media wants the Lions to do well.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically Stafford has played bad in November. I don't know why that is or what he has to do to change it but it must change. I read that in his career he has thrown 66 INT's. Of those 66, 30 have come in the month of November. Hopefully he changes those November woes this Thursday...

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see here. I opened my big mouth and said Stafford was elite, but then settled for him playing at an elite level before the Steelers game. Right before that game, I thought about it and said that I wouldnt make this claim again until I see what he does with the rest of the season and if he leads the team to the playoffs. It ain't looking good! Thursday will tell me a lot about him.

I actually think the media wants the Lions to do well.

Tbh I think the playcalling has a lot to do with his regression..

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the first couple of posts I read, it looks like some of you are being too hard on him, and some are giving him too much credit. In my opinion, he isn't in the top tier of Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, but he is near the top of the second tier of QB's.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's two things that get Stafford off his game:

Out of all the bad games he's had that I can remember, there's something very common. When opposing teams play great man-coverage and gets some pressure up front, I think he gets a bit impatient and starts forcing things. Stafford isn't great when he's rushed into his throws. What we saw Sunday was a qb that was way too confident in his arm and he was rushed a lot.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have a thought on a better alternative than Stafford at QB? :scratch:

:lol:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great bounce-back game on Thursday, eh?

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great bounce-back game on Thursday, eh?

Stafford had one terrible pass that got picked. Otherwise he spread the ball around and picked apart the Packers like any good NFL QB would do. Nice game.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did play better.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did play better.

I mentioned in the game thread that it looked like he got back to spreading it around. He had 2 plays that were an issue where he forced the ball and both got picked I believe (cant remember if the defender held onto the ball). Still a big improvement especially considering Burleson was not really involved.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually showed some touch on a few short ones. That was nice for a change.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually showed some touch on a few short ones. That was nice for a change.

Smitty likey.... Smitty want wingey. (Just replace wingey with more on target well thrown swing passes, well thrown on target deep passes to open receivers and wins.)

Last edited by a moderator: