• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring ball:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Did you guys see the pictures frm their spring game? The passion for UNC football must have looked real impressive for recruits.

006.jpg

phpvf73K2Springlast.jpg

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably more than they brought for the Music City Bowl.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably more than they brought for the Music City Bowl.

Speaking of which, have you seen the new college football runoff rule like the NFL has? Had it been in place last year, UNC would not have had time to kick a FG at the end of the game. That still pisses me off.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've heard about it. I just hate how the ref came out announced the game was over then they still decided to review it and add a second on the clock.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
im not great @ guessing #'s but i'd put it @ about 2 thousand give or take 500, like i said im not great @ guessing on crowds but about the same amount of people as the open skybox side of unc in the above pics.

BTW: What do you guys think our turnout will be for the spring game? If it wasnt easter id say as many as 50,000 (with good weather), but with it being easter im hopeful for 25-35k. I hope we get a big turnout, especially with all the recruits on hand. Lane is one of the most beautiful stadiums in the country and we all know about the locker rooms players lounge etc... If we could get a big crowd in Lane i think we could really show what VT is all about.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've heard about it. I just hate how the ref came out announced the game was over then they still decided to review it and add a second on the clock.

I agree. The way Texas robbed us of that Championship was very dumb.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
some of the KT tweets from tonights mini scrimmage:

Beamer also said he believes Cody Journell is going to be his starting FG kicker this fall, although competition will resume in August camp.

RB Josh Oglesby had 39 yards, 2 TD on 9 carries tonight

Backup QB Mark Leal was 6 of 8 for 73 yards, 1 TD in tonight's mini-scrimmage. ( i doubted leal after the first scrimmage but he seems to really be coming on as of late)

Not KT but some Logan news:

RT @HokiesJournal: In tonight's mini scrimmage QB Logan Thomas completed 11 of 17 passes for 113 yards and 2 TDs

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the updates Hunzworth. Don't know if I'm going to make the Spring Game or not. I've caught the flu bug or something and have felt like raw butt for the past three days.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Spring game was great:

JO looks to be a solid #2 (as long as we stay healthy im not @ all concerned @RB)

Logan: Not sure of his stats, i know he had at least one int and a couple TD's (<--fwiw the int was more of a fumble by marcus davis) Im sure there will be times this year that we miss Tyrod but i really like what LT is bringing to the table. The way he stands in the pocket and scans the field is great, starting to see more slants and stuff already. He showed his ability to run today with a couple nice runs, one of which went for around 25 yards or so.

Marcus Davis: Continues to look like a guy that ready to contribute, had a play or 2 he'd prob like to have back but overall looks very impressive especially after the catch <---great combo of size power and speed

Boykin: looks faster/quicker this spring <----one play he was juking and darting around all over the place.

Danny Coale=punter

James Gayle is a monster, looked almost impossible to block on some plays (hitting logan several times today even though LT was in yellow, i guess the guy just like to bring the noise)

BTW:logan had to come out after being hit on one play???? i guess our d is trying to send a message.

Whitley looks really impressive going into his senior year (nfl???)

Jayron impressed not only on defense but had a punt return TD also!

BTW: They handed out the spring awards for this year at halftime, ill try to get a list of who won what and post some grainy pics on flickr.

Collins is another guy that will give OC's nightmares, he was in the backfield quite a bit today.

Acree got at least a play or two today: he plays with his ass straight up in the air!

Tons of recruits there today: but you guys know that:-)

Saw Orion Martin as i was walking in-thats one fired up dude.

Also got to briefly meet quite a few of the bball players Eric Green, Manny Adkins, Ty Garland, Jarrell Eddie, etc <------ talk about a bunch of very classy/friendly guys!

BTW: there seemed to be a good 40K+ there today! These recruits gotta love the fact we get more for a spring game than some schools in season.

Last edited by a moderator:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Hunz, good for recruits to see 40,000 at a VT spring game. UVa can't even get that many for a real game. And it's laughable to compare UNC's spring game to VT's (just look at the pics above in this thread). Roth said there were 18 NFL Hokies at the game today. Sounds like a great day for the Hokie program and for recruiting.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW: i put a few pic's on flickr from the spring game today if anyone is interested (btw i was a pretty good way's from the field so you have to click on most of them to be able to ssee the picture)

Flickr: hundog's Photostream

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance the Eagles take a look at Tyrod? Seems like he's be a great backup to Vick.