• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sportshoopla top 25 week 8 discussion thread

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Voltaire26 @Gopherfan84 @Guzlightyear

I invite each of you to quantify ranking Wisconsin over TCU, as long as it doesn't include anything about "eye tests" or "potential of future outcomes".

Thanks!

I favor the B1G, there are some big games coming up for both .... it will sort things out ... don't be too caught up in the rating with this much time left to go.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I favor the B1G, there are some big games coming up for both .... it will sort things out ... don't be too caught up in the rating with this much time left to go.
I'm not caught up about anything. Thanks for being truthful....just wanted an admission more than anything else.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you come to that conclusion? I need deets.

I've watched both teams play. I like Wisconsin's run game and defense better, and I'll never trust Kenny Trill Hill.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched both teams play. I like Wisconsin's run game and defense better, and I'll never trust Kenny Trill Hill.
Ah, an eye test.
prescription-landing-character-map.png

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And THAT is what people should focus on.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either. He may well prove me wrong and I hope he does. But until he does....

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either. He may well prove me wrong and I hope he does. But until he does....
I guess we're throwbacks. Polls from my humble understanding are measures of teams' accomplishments or foibles to date. This includes who did it, where was it, etc.

Not who has prettier helmets.

Not oh that guy always screws up at some point of the season.

Not my geographical area is more deserving just because...

:L I don't get it.

Style points I can understand...but some of the reasoning here isn't reasoning at all. It's pure unadulterated bias.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we're throwbacks. Polls from my humble understanding are measures of teams' accomplishments or foibles to date. This includes who did it, where was it, etc.

Style points I can understand...but some of the reasoning here isn't reasoning at all. It's pure unadulterated bias.

Both teams are undefeated, so I don't really get your gripe. If TCU weren't in the Big 12, would you be getting your panties in a wad over people not ranking them ahead of another undefeated team? Sounds like conference nutswinging to me.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I agree many are geographic and conference homers ad nauseum. I lean more toward being an underdog homer and I'll admit it.

And I'm a TCU fan for a different reason. Sonny Cumbie's from my hometown. His dad Bobby Jack and I went to school together all 12 years and were in the same graduating class. The Cumbies are good folk. I want to see Sonny succeed big time. But Kenny Hill has yacked it up in crucial situations way too often for me to feel comfortable about TCU. But, TCU has definitely earned their spot to this point in the season.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams are undefeated, so I don't really get your gripe. If TCU weren't in the Big 12, would you be getting your panties in a wad over people not ranking them ahead of another undefeated team? Sounds like conference nutswinging to me.
It does huh? :dhd:

Look at every major poll.

Look at the majority of polls here.

You can call my questioning of others' polls anything you wish, doesn't detract from the fact that your poll is ill informed and nothing but a glorified dart throw when you rank Wisco above TCU because "they run the ball better...".

I like data. Data proves shit. Feelings are for little girls.

Sorry my critique has hurt your bottom. Not sorry.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can call my questioning of others' polls anything you wish, doesn't detract from the fact that your poll is ill informed and nothing but a glorified dart throw when you rank Wisco above TCU because "they run the ball better...".

Damn son, don't get so defensive. I'd hate for you to storm off mad again and have to come back with a new account. "I'll show you winning." That was fucking classic.

I see the data. Both teams are undefeated, and from what I've seen, I think Wisconsin is the better team.

What was that Johnny Cash song? Cry, Cry, Cry?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn son, don't get so defensive. I'd hate for you to storm off mad again and have to come back with a new account. "I'll show you winning." That was fucking classic.

I see the data. Both teams are undefeated, and from what I've seen, I think Wisconsin is the better team.

What was that Johnny Cash song? Cry, Cry, Cry?
:dhd:

I think it was "You're a stupid redneck bitch". I could be wrong. Don't listen to country much.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now go get all your redneck bros to come and pile on! :happy:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

defense wins. One has a better defense than the other.