• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sportshoopla top 25 week 8 discussion thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We certainly proved that we were definitively worse than them by losing that 3 TD lead, an epic chokejob by us that proved we were not better than them

While they got crushed by Cal, it was on the road after some big wins

We on the other hand got absolutely destroyed...at home...by Virginia, we had that game between a game against New Mexico and a bye week....what were we looking forward to there?? We have no excuses for that loss
You also manhandled San Diego St. I think if Boise and Wazzou replayed that game on a neutral field, Boise wins by 10+.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also manhandled San Diego St. I think if Boise and Wazzou replayed that game on a neutral field, Boise wins by 10+.

Fresno State manhandled San Diego State in better fashion than we did

We were lucky to put up 31 points against them with the anemic offense we have, we rely on wearing teams down and their defense is too strong for that to work. The way the game went after we had the 31-10 lead was a better representation of what we are compared to them.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but I'm speaking consistency. The Badgers are a top 25 team year in and year out. That plays well with pollsters . There are a few teams who have great years every 3 or 4 but aren't top 25 on the regular ( I know this all too well lol ). Bdgers do both. The occasional great year but win 8/9/10 the other years as well

Wisconsin has only finished ranked one more time since 2000. TCU's had better highs and lower lows, but both are essentially equal programs since 2000.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has only finished ranked one more time since 2000. TCU's had better highs and lower lows, but both are essentially equal programs since 2000.
True but Wisky has 12 of the last 13 while TCU only has 9 and even the season Wisky wasnt ranked they went to the Rose Bowl. It's not a huge difference but it's enough to explain why you may rank them higher. There are comparable deals all over the polls . It's human nature . It's also why I prefer CBB, not as much human opinion involved

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that I've had Wisconsin ranked ahead of TCU all season and it's just now, when Wisconsin finally put up some style points last week that I'm getting confronted about it.

I don't start from scratch each week when I do my rankings. I use my rankings from the week before as a starting point and move teams up and down accordingly from there. If I recall correctly, Wisconsin has been in my top 10 all season while TCU had to work their way up there. Plenty of season left for each team to prove itself. Things will sort themselves out in the end.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Notre Dame should be the highest ranked 1-loss team. They have argument to be above Wisconsin. If ND wins, I will rank them above Wisconsin.

They lost by 1 point to Georgia and beat Michigan State and USC handily. Ohio State has the loss to quality opponent, but they don't really have any big wins. Oklahoma and Clemson has a big win or two, but their losses are to teams with 2+ losses.

If Notre Dame wins out, I might say they deserve CFP over OU and Ohio State (given they win out), although OU and Ohio State will have some key wins if they win out and CCG would definitely help them over ND.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Notre Dame should be the highest ranked 1-loss team. They have argument to be above Wisconsin. If ND wins, I will rank them above Wisconsin.

They lost by 1 point to Georgia and beat Michigan State and USC handily. Ohio State has the loss to quality opponent, but they don't really have any big wins. Oklahoma and Clemson has a big win or two, but their losses are to teams with 2+ losses.

If Notre Dame wins out, I might say they deserve CFP over OU and Ohio State (given they win out), although OU and Ohio State will have some key wins if they win out and CCG would definitely help them over ND.

Would you put ND ahead of Wisconsin if Wisky wins out? Ahead of Alabama if Georgia beats them in the SEC CCG?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you put ND ahead of Wisconsin if Wisky wins out? Ahead of Alabama if Georgia beats them in the SEC CCG?

If Wisconsin goes 13-0, I would probably go with Wisconsin (especially if they beat undefeated PSU) because they would have 2 more wins.

1-loss Alabama with loss to Georgia would be tough. Notre Dame would have wins vs USC, Stanford, NC State, Michigan State, Miami (FL), and Navy. Alabama would have wins vs Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Fresno State (they are a decent mid-major). I would probably go with Notre Dame, but not sure right now.

Also, I would probably have a 12-1 Ohio State and Oklahoma above 11-1 Notre Dame. But ND has a tough remaining schedule as well.