• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Week 5

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres alot of teams with better resumes than Georgia that hardly anyone voted for IMO. My team ( Iowa ) is 3-1 with 2 blowout wins, a win over a 3-2 Pitt team that could easily be 5-0 and blew out 4-1 USF and their only loss was to a 4-1 team on the road in 3 OT's yet Iowa got 8 points and 6 of those are from me putting them 19th which is right about where I believe they should be. I dont like putting a 3-2 team with no good wins and a blowout loss to Boise in the top 25. Its also why I dont have FSU top 25, they have 2 good losses but no good wins ( like UGA ) and FSU didnt get blown out in any of those games. I have the Seminoles closer to being ranked than UGA right now.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Iowa sucks dick lol. They lost to ISU. Georgia would run them off the field. I agree other teams could have been in over Georgia but not Iowa.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC really hasn't beaten anyone at all, beating a team worse than someone else did really isn't much, especially when the other two teams lack any sort of offense.

UNC also struggled to Rutgers, RUTGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not really an impressive win over Virginia either, they only won that by 11, same Virginia team that went in overtime against Idaho.

North Carolina got an incredibly easy schedule, they now play Louisville who has lost to FIU and Marshall already, then Miami of Florida who lost to a horrible Terps team, before finally playing their 2nd good team of the year, that being Clemson.

First of all, Carolina played awful against Rutgers and never had a chance to lose. Like CJ4G said, Rutgers won the turnover battle by 5! and still couldnt win the game. And Carolina didnt struggle against Virginia. Dont just look at box scores and assume things. Carolina did give up 20 points to ECU, but the game was basically over at halftime, it was 28-3 (and ECU scored with like 3 or 4 minutes to go in the game).
But compare UNC to Air Force...Air Force's lose is worse than Carolinas (GT>TCU, right now at least). Their best win (Navy) isnt much better than UNCs best win ECU?. And JMU, Rutgers, and UVA would most likely all beat South Dakota and Tennessee State.
Compare UNC to VT. Both teams have the same best win (ECU) and their losses were against GT and Clemson (pretty similar right now). And VTs other wins are over App State, and Arky State, which is no better than Virginia, Rutgers, and JMU.

Sorry that i wrote a lot.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa sucks dick lol. They lost to ISU. Georgia would run them off the field. I agree other teams could have been in over Georgia but not Iowa.

ISU has 1 loss. Georgia has 2. LOL. Iowas best win> UGAs best win, Iowas number of losses < UGA's number of losses. Iowas opponents combined record 12-7 , UGA's 12-10. Iowa is better in every single manner. UGA is ranked by people because they were supposed to be good, not because they actually are.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ISU has 1 loss. Georgia has 2. LOL. Iowas best win> UGAs best win, Iowas number of losses < UGA's number of losses. Iowas opponents combined record 12-7 , UGA's 12-10. Iowa is better in every single manner. UGA is ranked by people because they were supposed to be good, not because they actually are.

Dunno why we are :deadhorse: .... like I said earlier, rankings are subjective unless you formulate a ranking system that accounts for wins/losses and some other sorts of statistical categorization. Everybody needs to calm the hell down; it's week fucking 5. No one will give a shit who was (or wasn't) ranked where in weeks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, or even 13/14 come the end of the season.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno why we are :deadhorse: .... like I said earlier, rankings are subjective unless you formulate a ranking system that accounts for wins/losses and some other sorts of statistical categorization. Everybody needs to calm the hell down; it's week fucking 5. No one will give a shit who was (or wasn't) ranked where in weeks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, or even 13/14 come the end of the season.

I do! It's only a matter of time before GT's inevitable collapse.... I want them where they deserve to be before that happens, dammit!

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny you should mention that. I have a multiple regression model that does just that. There are three models, offense, defense and special teams, that are calculated and then weighted averaged to each category as a percentage of total plays. Problem is until the data matrix is complete (i.e. no missing data in any category) it is not reliable and then it only become significant after 7 games minimum played by every team.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They may not give a fuck at the end of the season, but is it the end of the season right now? No. Also, it gives us something to talk about.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id say ranking are less important at the end of the year than they are any other week. At the end of the year the only team that cares about where they are ranked is the team that wins the title :) You never see a team finish 12th that says " Oh man we should have been 9th" but you damn well hear it all year long before the final rankings.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may not give a fuck at the end of the season, but is it the end of the season right now? No. Also, it gives us something to talk about.

Good point; I just think it's dumb to attempt to convince someone that their opinion is wrong.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point; I just think it's dumb to attempt to convince someone that their opinion is wrong.

Agreed when it comes to message boards. I disagree when it comes to the actual polls used to decide where millions of dollars end up. If you have the honor of having a vote in either the AP or Coaches poll then I feel like you should damn well take it serious but most people ( at least in the coaches poll) dont seem to do that. Hell we've had coaches admit to ranking teams in their conference higher to try and make the league look better, we've coaches admit to not paying any attention to their vote, we've had coaches admit to not even filling out the ballots themselves.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WRONG!!!

Agreed when it comes to message boards. I disagree when it comes to the actual polls used to decide where millions of dollars end up. If you have the honor of having a vote in either the AP or Coaches poll then I feel like you should damn well take it serious but most people ( at least in the coaches poll) dont seem to do that. Hell we've had coaches admit to ranking teams in their conference higher to try and make the league look better, we've coaches admit to not paying any attention to their vote, we've had coaches admit to not even filling out the ballots themselves.

I DISAGREE!!!

:roll:

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't trying to convince anyone their opinion is wrong usually. I just stated that I disagreed with it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG!!!

I DISAGREE!!!

:roll:

I disagree with your disagreemnet of the disagreement of my initial disagreemnet I posted!!! And I do so vehemently sir!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching BTN a couple weeks ago. That one dude on there said when he was a coach he would purposely not rank the schools that he was recruiting against. He said he had an agenda which decided how he would rank his teams. Said he didn't know of any coach who didn't vote that way.

He laughed about it too........which I don't blame him or any of the coaches who are doing it right now. It's a flawed system, and coaches are going to take advantage of that.

And that is why it's funny that people take that poll seriously.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was watching BTN a couple weeks ago. That one dude on there said when he was a coach he would purposely not rank the schools that he was recruiting against. He said he had an agenda which decided how he would rank his teams. Said he didn't know of any coach who didn't vote that way.

He laughed about it too........which I don't blame him or any of the coaches who are doing it right now. It's a flawed system, and coaches are going to take advantage of that.

And that is why it's funny that people take that poll seriously.

Yep. Gerry Dinardo. He has also admitted to ranking his upcoming opponents higher than they should be the week before his team played them in an effort to make it look better if his team won and less bad if they lost. I am 100% sure other coaches do this as well.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am not getting all pissy about this..........really it's just the opinion that I have.

Georgia has 2 losses right now to what we believe are 2 very good teams. Neither one was a blowout loss.

Nebraska has 1 loss right now and it was a blowout loss..........against the only good team they have played so far. I think you could easily make a case that Georgia > Nebraska right now based on what we've seen.

Wins and losses really don't mean much if one team has played good competition and another team hasn't.

South Carolina sucks.....remember? They lost Auburn

none of the SEC East teams should be ranked