• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Top 25 Week 5

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it wasn't the South Carolina who went and got the interception, or forced the fumble?

When a ball is tossed right to you or fumbled right to you.........I don't see how that can be justified as an earned turnover. Yea, I guess you could drop the pass.........or over run the ball as it's rolling around out in the open on the ground

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, good point........

Nebraska and Va Tech both just got blown out and embarrassed...........thus, they shouldn't be ranked............based on that logic anyways. Because we can't assume that they are good since they fucked up that bad.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, good point........

Nebraska and Va Tech both just got blown out and embarrassed...........thus, they shouldn't be ranked............based on that logic anyways. Because we can't assume that they are good since they fucked up that bad.

Forget it....you love offense, I get it......

I am saying that I do not give that much credit to a "good" loss just because a team turned the ball over. It is not like they did it on purpose. You jump routes, you apply pressure, you slide into gaps and force those things. Football happens on both sides of the ball.

I didn't really want to rank VT this week, but there was such a shit ton of crap underneath them, I had to.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really am not getting all pissy about this..........really it's just the opinion that I have.

Georgia has 2 losses right now to what we believe are 2 very good teams. Neither one was a blowout loss.

Nebraska has 1 loss right now and it was a blowout loss..........against the only good team they have played so far. I think you could easily make a case that Georgia > Nebraska right now based on what we've seen.

Wins and losses really don't mean much if one team has played good competition and another team hasn't.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was all Georgia fucking up and not USC's defense at all. That's why Melvin Ingram was Walter Camp national defensive player of the week against Georgia.
And SEC defensive player of the week against Vanderbilt.
And SEC defensive player of the week against Auburn.

They all just hand him the ball.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, let's settle this once and for all........

Tell me why Nebraska is better than Georgia.

That oughta do it.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could rep myself for that ^ I would.......because that was the best post made today on this entire forum.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, let's settle this once and for all........

Tell me why Nebraska is better than Georgia.

That oughta do it.

Georgia sucks.... Nebraska sucks less.

UGA got manhandled in a game against Boise that wasn't even close as the lopsided score would lead you to believe.

They followed it up with a loss, at home, to a pretty mediocre South Carolina team.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand Georgia being ranked, but that's just my opinion. Other than that, pretty solid.

as you can tell by the vote totals it was prettyy much a toss up for the 25th spot.

FSU and Baylor probably deserved to be ahead of them, I forgot to move Baylor up in my ballot

I had FSU 16th. ahead of Georgia who I had 19th.

I was actually planning on moving Baylor to 19th and Georgia to 20th but I forgot to.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, really it's just my opinion fellas. I will be the first person here to drop Georgia right out of my rankings if/when they prove to me they suck.

They SHOULD lose to Tennessee this week if they are as bad as what everyone says. If they do, I obviously won't rank them. For now, it's my opinion.........I'm not sitting here stating it as if it's a fact.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the argument of Nebraska vs Georgia

Nebraska has a win over Washington which is slightly better than Georgia's win over Mrs State

if you go down to 2nd best wins Nebraska's is over Fresno State, the same Fresno State team that lost to Ole Mrs who is Georgia's 2nd best win thus Georgia has the better 2nd best win.

Georgia has two losses, Nebraska has one, but Nebraska's loss was by more points than either of Georgia's two losses total.

from there you decide.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has a win over Washington right now. Thankfully the refs handed us that game. Other than that, we have a blowout loss to Wisconsin.

:noidea:

Washington is 4-1. Better than any UGA win (Ole Miss and MSU both have losing 2-3 records already, without even being deep into the conference run yet). Even the Wyoming win is more quality than these.
Then there's the loss comparison, where both have one "quality" loss (blowout style) to a top 10 team. But then UGA has another loss... to USC.
Pretty easy to put Nebraska above Georgia.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team I don't understand the lack of votes for is UNC.

4-1.... only loss is to a 5-0 team. They beaten some teams with solid recods, and they beat ECU, at ECU, worse than VT or South Carolina could.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is 4-1. Better than any UGA win (Ole Miss and MSU both have losing 2-3 records already, without even being deep into the conference run yet). Even the Wyoming win is more quality than these.
Then there's the loss comparison, where both have one "quality" loss (blowout style) to a top 10 team. But then UGA has another loss... to USC.
Pretty easy to put Nebraska above Georgia.

I'm liking this

Wyoming a better win than some SEC teams

San Diego State is apparently a really good win now

MWC!!!!!!!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the reason I chose the Georgia/Nebraska comparison is because it shows how much people let losses sway their opinion of a team.

If South Carolina would have snapped the ball over Garcia's head and it rolled into the endzone, recovered by a Georgia player for a TD that happened to be the deciding points for Georgia to win..........suddenly everyone here ranks Georgia, simply because they have 1 loss instead of 2.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, the reason I chose the Georgia/Nebraska comparison is because it shows how much people let losses sway their opinion of a team.

If South Carolina would have snapped the ball over Garcia's head and it rolled into the endzone, recovered by a Georgia player for a TD that happened to be the deciding points for Georgia to win..........suddenly everyone here ranks Georgia, simply because they have 1 loss instead of 2.

You could say that about any close game. The point is that UGA didn't win. Winners win, losers lose. If they find themselves in another close game, I'll bet they lose that one, too.