• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Hokie potential Offensive Coach Tracker

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn's struggles were more related to Chizik and a mass exodus of talent than anything else.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Sounded like this deal was done, but apparently just another whiff.

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch
Some buzz about Scot Loeffler to VA Tech. I've confirmed Loeffler has not been offered the job at this point

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently VT sent a plane to Athens to bring up Mike Bobo (UGA OC) for an interview but he never came to Blacksburg. His salary at UGA is currently 300k so I am thinking Richt made a phone call to him and he will be gettinga nice pay raise.

Bobo turned down Virginia Tech overture | Bulldogs Blog | Macon.com

Norm Wood ‏@normwood
ACC All Access-Georgia's Mike Bobo turns down OC interview opp. with #Hokies, according to source: http://SportsHoopla.com/VXlWry

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Sounded like this deal was done, but apparently just another whiff.

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch
Some buzz about Scot Loeffler to VA Tech. I've confirmed Loeffler has not been offered the job at this point

Is it really a whiff? I mean we haven't offered yet, we are just talking with him. I'd rather they take their time and find the right fit, someone who will stay a while and produce a suitable offense to go with our defense

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not sure its a whiff yet. I read it as negotiations haven't reached that point.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently VT sent a plane to Athens to bring up Mike Bobo (UGA OC) for an interview but he never came to Blacksburg. His salary at UGA is currently 300k so I am thinking Richt made a phone call to him and he will be gettinga nice pay raise.

Bobo turned down Virginia Tech overture | Bulldogs Blog | Macon.com

Norm Wood ‏@normwood
ACC All Access-Georgia's Mike Bobo turns down OC interview opp. with #Hokies, according to source: ACC All Access: Georgia's Mike Bobo turns down interview opportunity at Virginia Tech, according to source - dailypress.com

Well, Foster told them no as well, so turnabout and all that.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah .. I think either would be a solid hire. If you could somehow get both in some capacity .. Wow .. But that's a pipedream

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday January 12, 2013 | CoachingSearch.com

Virginia Tech: Sources tell me that Syracuse offensive line / recruiting coordinator Greg Adkins will join the Virginia Tech staff.

Take it with a grain of salt. I find it odd (and disturbing) you'd hire an OL coach before you hire an OC. If its true, then we either already have an OC deal in place or Beamer is fucking moron doing things bassackwards.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday January 12, 2013 | CoachingSearch.com

Take it with a grain of salt. I find it odd (and disturbing) you'd hire an OL coach before you hire an OC. If its true, then we either already have an OC deal in place or Beamer is fucking moron doing things bassackwards.

Update:
Virginia Tech: While there is a lot of buzz and a couple of reports that have Syracuse offensive line coach Greg Adkins accepting the offensive line job at Virginia Tech, I have learned early Sunday morning that Adkins has not accepted any job at this point.

Special J

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Update:
Virginia Tech: While there is a lot of buzz and a couple of reports that have Syracuse offensive line coach Greg Adkins accepting the offensive line job at Virginia Tech, I have learned early Sunday morning that Adkins has not accepted any job at this point.

Holy shit....I thought this search was a done deal a week ago. This is like a conspiracy theory now with names, and offers, and interviews, and visits, and etc. How was this not discussed and narrowed down and somewhat finalized before it got this far? It seems like every day there is a new scenario popping up on Twitter. :wtf2:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to checkin all of these guys recruiting ability, in Stiney, Lil Beams and Gray we are recruiting pretty well. I want coaches who can COACH! Newsome was a good recruiter too.

I like Phillips and Loeffler. I know nothing about Adkins. How have his O Lines been. Do they maul guys? I'm sick of dancing bear zone block bullshit.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With all due respect to checkin all of these guys recruiting ability, in Stiney, Lil Beams and Gray we are recruiting pretty well. I want coaches who can COACH! Newsome was a good recruiter too.

I like Phillips and Loeffler. I know nothing about Adkins. How have his O Lines been. Do they maul guys? I'm sick of dancing bear zone block bullshit.
his resume looks legit .. and he's a very good recruiter too (and cuse's recruiting coordinator). he'd be a pretty damned big step up from what we have now. maybe not bloomgren or grimes, but a HUGE step up

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i like phillips and loeffler too .. i think that phillips is definitely the better get other than he coaches WRs and not QBs (i'm sure joker has some really good QB coaches in mind but i think LT would go at that point, for sure)

... in other news, i read that MOC is in the running for the charleston southern job.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Redskins/Shanahan have had nice zone blocking this year, and in the past Shanahan with the Broncos.