• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Hokie potential Offensive Coach Tracker

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hokie1, this is our resident titty baby Fooz. He thinks we are the worst football team in America and we have the shittiest players this side of Canada. You'll just have to roll your eyes and go about your business when you see his posts. Just wanted to introduce you two. :D

Beamer and his offensive hires have been giving many VT fans plenty of reason to complain for years. Well before 2012. It just so happens that you found the most pro-VT message board on the web. Good for you but reality is reality and I never have Hokie blinders on

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What some of you and evidently Beamer as well fail to realize is how far VT is from being an elite team. If Beamer won't admit to himself that the ACC is weak then the 2010 Stanford game for instance should show him where VT stands. VT can't even blow many teams out in the weak ACC. I remember how little time LT got to see on the field in Tyrod's last year. Why didn't Beamer see that as a problem? Why in the hell did it take so long to make changes?

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What some of you and evidently Beamer as well fail to realize is how far VT is from being an elite team. If Beamer won't admit to himself that the ACC is weak then the 2010 Stanford game for instance should show him where VT stands. VT can't even blow many teams out in the weak ACC. I remember how little time LT got to see on the field in Tyrod's last year. Why didn't Beamer see that as a problem? Why in the hell did it take so long to make changes?

In all fairness, Beamer tried to hire Stanford's Offensive Coordinator (and may hire their WR coach), so he did take something away from that game.

hokieone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what's your bottom line? You seem like you are about to have a stroke and no one wants that.

Do you want Beamer gone?

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fooz thinks we are somehow in league with Beamer and that our status as "the most pro-VT message board on the web" reflects our football leadership's apathy towards the success of VT football.

I'M SORRY FOOZ. I DIDN'T REALIZE THE TERRIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF SUPPORTING THE TEAM. I WILL INFORM COACH BEAMER THAT I DON'T APPROVE OF HIS DECISIONS. I HOPE IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So what's your bottom line? You seem like you are about to have a stroke and no one wants that.

Do you want Beamer gone?

He's only been the winningest coach ever in VT sports, having gone to 20 straight bowl games.

He's given us a desire for more, but I'd be willing to give him a little latitude while he makes some adjustments on the offensive staff.

hokieone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only been the winningest coach ever in VT sports, having gone to 20 straight bowl games.

He's given us a desire for more, but I'd be willing to give him a little latitude while he makes some adjustments on the offensive staff.

Oh, I am 100% agreement. I'm a Beamer homer and will gladly admit it. Have been since he coached at my high school fresh out of VT.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Do you want Beamer gone?

My bottom line is that the changes were several years too late and I would really like to know why certain coaches were retained so long. If we get the names that are out there right now I'm not 100% confident about the OC but I like the other 2 especially Grimes. It doesn't matter if I want Beamer gone he's only going to be coaching for a few more years anyway

hokieone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bottom line is that the changes were several years too late and I would really like to know why certain coaches were retained so long. If we get the names that are out there right now I'm not 100% confident about the OC but I like the other 2 especially Grimes. It doesn't matter if I want Beamer gone he's only going to be coaching for a few more years anyway

Why?

What is the need to know why "certain coaches were retained for so long" unless you feel he defrauded the university somehow?

This sounds way more like an agenda on your part to me.

And it does matter whether or not you want Beamer gone. That is why I asked the question.

You say it doesn't matter then make leaps of faith about why he retained coaches for so long (conspiracy to keep Stiney on staff?) and why he didn't play second string quarterbacks and all this other stuff. Armchair quarterbacking at its finest.

Most times folks don't make those kinds of statements without a reason.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why?

What is the need to know why "certain coaches were retained for so long" unless you feel he defrauded the university somehow?

And it does matter whether or not you want Beamer gone. That is why I asked the question.

You say it doesn't matter then make leaps of faith about why he retained coaches for so long (conspiracy to keep Stiney on staff?) and why he didn't play second string quarterbacks and all this other stuff. Armchair quarterbacking at its finest.

hokieone, meet fooz.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why?

Because I want to know the damned logic behind allowing an under performing unit to persist year after year after year. If he builds a national championship case then he better do something else besides waiting for another Mike Vick to come around to fill it. No I can't say I want Beamer gone after these changes if indeed they go through.

I don't understand people who show support or faith in the former offensive coaches to make the right decisions. They sucked. The RB rotation last year sucked so I question the abilities of whoever was in charge of that. When your starting QB is near the bottom of the NCAA in several categories, then yeah you explore other options even if it's only temporary. Why they didn't I'll never know. I don't know that it's Beamers decision anyway about the starting QB but I'd say if it was Stinespring's he'd do whatever Beamer asked because of their unusual relationship. And I wasn't talking about a conspiracy in keeping Stinespring on the staff, I was questioning the decision to promote him to OC and keep him there. Just look at Stinespring's resume that I posted in this thread earlier

Last edited by a moderator:

hokieone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I want to know the damned logic behind allowing an under performing unit to persist year after year after year. If he builds a national championship case then he better do something else besides waiting for another Mike Vick to come around to fill it. No I can't say I want Beamer gone after these changes if indeed they go through.

I don't understand people who show support or faith in the former offensive coaches to make the right decisions. They sucked. The RB rotation last year sucked so I question the abilities of whoever was in charge of that. When your starting QB is near the bottom of the NCAA in several categories, then yeah you explore other options even if it's only temporary. Why they didn't I'll never know. I don't know that it's Beamers decision anyway about the starting QB but I'd say if it was Stinespring's he'd do whatever Beamer asked because of their unusual relationship. And I wasn't talking about a conspiracy in keeping Stinespring on the staff, I was questioning the decision to promote him to OC and keep him there. Just look at Stinespring's resume that I posted in this thread earlier

Whatever. I'm going to not worry about the destination as much as I'm just going to enjoy the ride. You can go back to having your stroke now. Its obvious nothing I say is going to delay that.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fooz thinks we are somehow in league with Beamer and that our status as "the most pro-VT message board on the web" reflects our football leadership's apathy towards the success of VT football.

I'M SORRY FOOZ. I DIDN'T REALIZE THE TERRIBLE CONSEQUENCES OF SUPPORTING THE TEAM. I WILL INFORM COACH BEAMER THAT I DON'T APPROVE OF HIS DECISIONS. I HOPE IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

FOOZ I'M SORRY!!! PLEASE FORGIVE MY NAIVETY!!!! FOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Changes have finally been made....time to move on! I am happy that Beamer was able to retain Foster all this time and I am happy with the youth movement on the VT coaching staff. I honestly think Shane has come in after spending time in the SEC and given Beamer some direction that no one else has apparently given him over the last 5 to 6 years.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whatever. I'm going to not worry about the destination as much as I'm just going to enjoy the ride. You can go back to having your stroke now. Its obvious nothing I say is going to delay that.

No .. we've tried to change that and just give up now. There is a nice little ignore feature to SportsHoopla that we can point you to if needed ...

And fooz: Quit writing/talking as if you're entitled to anything...any information, any explanation, anything from VT's football program. I'm sure that you've contributed zilch to the university or football program in the last 20 years, other than buying some tickets for games and buying a few t-shirts. Because if you were a fat-daddy booster who actually CAN demand answers, you wouldn't be on here talking to US about it .. You'd be talking to HIM about it .. so just fucking quit man .. go to scout .. go to TSL .. plenty of whiney bitches over there who would be glad to include you in the circle jerk.

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fooz I share the sentiment that these guys have underperformed for a long time, but I don't wonder why they were kept around. That's the way Beamer is, he's loyal (maybe too loyal).

hokieone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No .. we've tried to change that and just give up now. There is a nice little ignore feature to SportsHoopla that we can point you to if needed ...

And fooz: Quit writing/talking as if you're entitled to anything...any information, any explanation, anything from VT's football program. I'm sure that you've contributed zilch to the university or football program in the last 20 years, other than buying some tickets for games and buying a few t-shirts. Because if you were a fat-daddy booster who actually CAN demand answers, you wouldn't be on here talking to US about it .. You'd be talking to HIM about it .. so just fucking quit man .. go to scout .. go to TSL .. plenty of whiney bitches over there who would be glad to include you in the circle jerk.

I actually found the ignore button, but find it a little much for nothing more than a curmudgeon who is the best second guesser on the planet, apparently.

What makes me chuckle about posts along these lines is that CFB has forgotten more about running a major program and coaching football than the bulk of us will ever know collectively. Yet he knows more than Frank.

Riiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttttttttt.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually found the ignore button, but find it a little much for nothing more than a curmudgeon who is the best second guesser on the planet, apparently.

What makes me chuckle about posts along these lines is that CFB has forgotten more about running a major program and coaching football than the bulk of us will ever know collectively. Yet he knows more than Frank.

Riiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttttttttt.

It's been called that before, but not by you.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Changes have finally been made....time to move on! I am happy that Beamer was able to retain Foster all this time and I am happy with the youth movement on the VT coaching staff. I honestly think Shane has come in after spending time in the SEC and given Beamer some direction that no one else has apparently given him over the last 5 to 6 years.

Probably.

While we're on the subject, now would be a good time for you to change that avatar.