• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sports Illustrated Puts Indians In The Hunt For 2015 Championship

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1987 was a good year! :thumb:

Looks like you enjoyed going to the games.
th

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it one of the powerhouse teams in Slinky's fantasy league is named "Jobu's Rum"....

I can corroborate that rumor, Champ. You ready for the draft next week? Atro got the 17th pick - I'm sure he's internally bitching about that and thinks I rigged it.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can corroborate that rumor, Champ. You ready for the draft next week? Atro got the 17th pick - I'm sure he's internally bitching about that and thinks I rigged it.

I'm not drunk yet, if that's what you're asking but I'm confident I will be by the time of the draft, Champ. I had a hearty chuckle when I saw Atro's draft position. I'm a little surprised he hasn't commented on that yet, but I assume he's facedown in a puddle of pig shit out there in the sticks and that's why he hasn't.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not drunk yet, if that's what you're asking but I'm confident I will be by the time of the draft, Champ. I had a hearty chuckle when I saw Atro's draft position. I'm a little surprised he hasn't commented on that yet, but I assume he's facedown in a puddle of pig shit out there in the sticks and that's why he hasn't.

You and me both.

I'm a little before the middle with #7. I'm happy with that.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1987 sucked. SI had the Indians winning, Baseball Digest had the Yankees playing the Mets in the Series. And the Twins won it all by picking players up and not allowing them on the base.

:scratch: are you referring to this?

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: are you referring to this?

I guess I don't blame Hrbek too much for trying that BS, but shame on the fucking umps for letting him get away with it. I didn't really have a dog in that fight, but did watch the series and that move really pissed me off.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't blame Hrbek too much for trying that BS, but shame on the fucking umps for letting him get away with it. I didn't really have a dog in that fight, but did watch the series and that move really pissed me off.

Different game back then with no review. You can look at any series and find at least one call that might've affected one game. That was game 2 with 5 more still to be played.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different game back then with no review. You can look at any series and find at least one call that might've affected one game. That was game 2 with 5 more still to be played.

I agree with this. As shitty as that call was, it was only one out. The Braves had 26 other outs in that game alone to get it done, not to mention the other games in the series.

Same shit with the Red Sox's Buckner and the Cub's Bartman. Those two have been scapegoated for the teams' losses.

Give it a name.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that sounds strange given last year both WS teams did just that, but the new format really does put WC winners at a disadvantage compared to division winners.
You know, I thought so at first but I actually think the handicap is more than negated by allowing that extra room for a real contender to suffer injuries or have an important trade develop. Not having your rotation set matters but pitching depth is so important in actually making the playoffs anyways that contenders often have enough pitching to last regardless of who starts first.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I thought so at first but I actually think the handicap is more than negated by allowing that extra room for a real contender to suffer injuries or have an important trade develop. Not having your rotation set matters but pitching depth is so important in actually making the playoffs anyways that contenders often have enough pitching to last regardless of who starts first.

What?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having your rotation set matters but pitching depth is so important in actually making the playoffs anyways that contenders often have enough pitching to last regardless of who starts first.

Yes, it's expected that that teams making the playoffs should have deep rotations, enough "to last," but that doesn't mean their #2 matches up well to a division winner's ace. I'd also assume that division winners have a pretty strong 1-2 pitching punch.

To think that a team is not disadvantaged by having to play a 1 game playoff just to reach the LDS and then presumably couldn't throw its ace until game three of a five game series is pretty crazy to me.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best two teams in the AL are probably the Angels and Orioles by a decent margin.. The Central is a tossup.. I think the Mariners have a great shot at the Wild Card also..

I forgot about the Sox also.. Every other year, they are sure to compete and have some offseason pickups.. I always love the Jays every year, but they always have that knack for burning you when you think it's their time.. That's been going on for like 10 years now..