• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sports Illustrated Puts Indians In The Hunt For 2015 Championship

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like seattle a lot too... Angels and Seattle I see to be the 2 best teams in the AL...

I can see that. I disagree, but not enough to argue it. Hell, I might even agree. Let me consult the magic eight ball...

According to the MEB, "you can rely" on the Angels and Mariners being the two best teams in the AL.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a Ricky Vaughn bobblehead. It's one of my favorites because I know he'll never be a Red Sox, or a Yankee, or a Dodger, or whatever.

Very true.

th

The American Express card..don't slide home without it.

I have got to round up my baseball movies and start watching them before the season starts.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mehh who the heck knows. They have as good a shot as any. The AL looks like its about a 10 team race right now. The second wild card has made parity the new norm. I think Cleveland has a shot. I also think my mariners have a shot. I also think the Angels, Tigers, Royals, Sawx, Bluejays and Orioles all have a shot.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true.

th

I have got to round up my baseball movies and start watching them before the season starts.

My fantasy baseball team this year is named "Hit like Mays run like Hayes" Last year was "jack parkmans Shimmy" and the year before Roger Dorns traveling all stars...... Love that movie

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mehh who the heck knows. They have as good a shot as any. The AL looks like its about a 10 team race right now. The second wild card has made parity the new norm. I think Cleveland has a shot. I also think my mariners have a shot. I also think the Angels, Tigers, Royals, Sawx, Bluejays and Orioles all have a shot.

I don't know that I'd go that far. With the Wild Card "play in" game, I think we're going to see less and less of WC winners advancing to the LCS and WS. I'm sure that sounds strange given last year both WS teams did just that, but the new format really does put WC winners at a disadvantage compared to division winners.

Also, I know a lot of people were complaining about adding two more teams to the MLB playoffs, but MLB still has the lowest percentage of teams reaching the postseason of all the major sports, so it's not like every team is getting in.

Can you tell I'm a big fan of the new WC format?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true.

th

Major League, one of my all time favorite sports movies. Although not to be picky but the Willie Mays Hayes quote actually is..."The American Express Card. Don't steal home w/o it". Hope the Tribe can have a solid season in 2015.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League, one of my all time favorite sports movies. Although not to be picky but the Willie Mays Hayes quote actually is..."The American Express Card: don't steal home w/o it". Hope the Tribe can have a solid season in 2015.

well..I was close. thanks for the correction. :L

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Cerron's looking for some extra power for tonight. He's looking to sacrifice a live chicken. Man, we can have people puking in the locker room before the game!"

-Willie Mays Hayes

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Cerron's looking for some extra power for tonight. He's looking to sacrifice a live chicken. Man, we can have people puking in the locker room before the game!"

-Willie Mays Hayes

Hahaha.

For his birthday a few years back, I got my brother a personalized jersey with "Cerrano" as the name and "13" as the number.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why people are still so high on the Tigers... I actually don't have them making the playoffs this year...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-Willie Mays Hayes

and don't piss of Jobu.
th

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this year will work out the same!

Maybe so. Either way, it'd be pretty hard to finish in the AL Central basement. The Twins are guarding that shit like it contains the soul of Kirby Puckett.