• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sporting News Top 25 QBs

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer Rattler is one I'm not so sure about. Seen too many smallish QBs from big HS programs with big numbers and they just don't look or fit at the next level close to the dominance they were used to in HS. Kinda like JT Daniels at USC.
I’ve heard good things about him, but honestly don’t know enough to have an opinion. I will say this though, if I were writing articles for a major publication and wanted to make the safest possible picks to make myself look good, I would put the Oklahoma qb on my list.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it about QB they can't get right. They always have the O line a good running game and usually good receivers but the QB spot has been a carousel of kids who come in highly rated but never get much better. But at least the rest of the team has been good at SC only the QB spot and receivers have been good. lol

I think it may just be the ass end of the Kelly era. But I would disagree with one aspect of your assessment. Kelly’s most successful QBs aren’t highly rated guys. His two most productive QBs have been Tommy Rees and Ian Book and those guys were 3 Star after thoughts.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard good things about him, but honestly don’t know enough to have an opinion. I will say this though, if I were writing articles for a major publication and wanted to make the safest possible picks to make myself look good, I would put the Oklahoma qb on my list.

I only knew the name but one day a week or so ago I watched a Netflix thing about him and a couple other highly ranked QBs and their last HS season. He's a good kid , a little cocky but hey when people tell you youre the #1 QB in the country I'd expect that. His family is great so nothing says he can't handle big boy college football but I watched the actual games and v yeah he's getting away from HS players and making throws but he's barley getting away and many throws are school yard type. I do see him putting up numbers at OU because he will be protected and he will have Riley calling plays and as we saw with Hurts they scheme so good . But for that next level , the playoff type teams I don't see that next gear in him. Obviously I could be wrong but it's just what i saw from him in HS.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it may just be the ass end of the Kelly era. But I would disagree with one aspect of your assessment. Kelly’s most successful QBs aren’t highly rated guys. His two most productive QBs have been Tommy Rees and Ian Book and those guys were 3 Star after thoughts.

Yes but they have had kids come In who were supposed to be good even had good first years but never got better. It's always been wait till this kid comes next year and they never pan out.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will D’Eriq King still be considered a top 10 qb when he tries to take another redshirt after the first 4 games of this season?
That bastard screwed me so hard in fantasy football this year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a Kyle Trask fan either but he is a tough kid.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but they have had kids come In who were supposed to be good even had good first years but never got better. It's always been wait till this kid comes next year and they never pan out.

I get you now and I agree. The highly rated guys he’s never able to get much out of them. His QBs seem to regress over time as well. Golson Zaire Kizer come to mind.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a Kyle Trask fan either but he is a tough kid.

I think you have to like what you’ve seen of him so far. Maybe DCs in the SEC find something on film they can exploit because he’s got a book of games on him now. But that being said, I think he took Florida to a different level and that the Franks injury was actually a blessing in disguise for them. They’re a dark horse national title contender for me if they can get a few bounces this year and I think Trask is a big piece of that.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Wimbush also.

I felt better about him watching him go to UCF where they do a nice job with QBs and he was quickly replaced by a true FR because he was slow to develop. I think Wimbush was an eval mistake. A developmental mistake is with the kid who just transferred Jurkovec. He’s a much more talented kid and he’s also a heady son of a coach kid as well. No reason why he shouldn’t have been able to develop that skill set to be better than what Book has given them.

But you’ve assessed ND pretty well. It’s this position that holds the program back. I will say this, as a guy who lived through Faust, Davie, Willingham and Weis, I’m hesitant to want to Bo Pelini Brian Kelly. I’m not sure that ND in the modern era can get much better unless they get lucky on hiring Urban Meyer before he becomes Urban Meyer or something like that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt better about him watching him go to UCF where they do a nice job with QBs and he was quickly replaced by a true FR because he was slow to develop. I think Wimbush was an eval mistake. A developmental mistake is with the kid who just transferred Jurkovec. He’s a much more talented kid and he’s also a heady son of a coach kid as well. No reason why he shouldn’t have been able to develop that skill set to be better than what Book has given them.

But you’ve assessed ND pretty well. It’s this position that holds the program back. I will say this, as a guy who lived through Faust, Davie, Willingham and Weis, I’m hesitant to want to Bo Pelini Brian Kelly. I’m not sure that ND in the modern era can get much better unless they get lucky on hiring Urban Meyer before he becomes Urban Meyer or something like that.

Forgot about Jurkovec. He was like #5 rated dual threat QB coming out of HS and ND fans were thinking he was the one. With the talent on the O line they have had its a mystery why they can't get better QB play.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Ehlinger is gonna be really good this season.. He had a quiet good season last year.. and he played with a cracked rib from October on. I'm banking that Yurkich unlocks him.. that and having the best OL he's had since he's been in Austin will help

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Jurkovec. He was like #5 rated dual threat QB coming out of HS and ND fans were thinking he was the one. With the talent on the O line they have had its a mystery why they can't get better QB play.

Book has been a very good QB, just not great or elite. I'd say he's been a top 15ish QB the last two seasons. His biggest problem has been his performances in the biggest games. He was bad against Michigan and Clemson.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book has been a very good QB, just not great or elite. I'd say he's been a top 15ish QB the last two seasons. His biggest problem has been his performances in the biggest games. He was bad against Michigan and Clemson.

Who is that QB Lance you had in your lists?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is that QB Lance you had in your lists?

Trey Lance out of North Dakota State. Had 42 TD's(rushing/throwing) and 0 INT's. He was a RS Freshman last year. 6-3, 220. Really good athlete. He's been mocked in 2021 drafts as a 1st rounder. Some in the top 10.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance out of North Dakota State. Had 42 TD's(rushing/throwing) and 0 INT's. He was a RS Freshman last year. 6-3, 220. Really good athlete. He's been mocked in 2021 drafts as a 1st rounder. Some in the top 10.

Gotcha. Thank you. I saw him in the championship game. Seems like he could be a good one. I wonder if he will pursue a transfer to a higher level.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these will probably be a Bear next year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. Thank you. I saw him in the championship game. Seems like he could be a good one. I wonder if he will pursue a transfer to a higher level.

I doubt he will. I was reading an article about his recruiting background about how a bunch of teams were either late to him or wanted him to switch positions. NDSU was on him the entire time and wanted him to play QB. He and his family liked that NDSU has been good at developing QB's going to back to Stick, Wentz and Jensen.