• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sporting News Top 25 QBs

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spencer Rattler is one I'm not so sure about. Seen too many smallish QBs from big HS programs with big numbers and they just don't look or fit at the next level close to the dominance they were used to in HS. Kinda like JT Daniels at USC.
True.

Disclaimer...I ain't no land thief homer. (I am a Riley fan since he is a Panhandle boy but I digress.)

The thing is that you just described two of the last three Heisman winners. Both smallish and both from big HS programs. And both starting in the pros...but we are talking college performance.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

Disclaimer...I ain't no land thief homer. (I am a Riley fan since he is a Panhandle boy but I digress.)

The thing is that you just described two of the last three Heisman winners. Both smallish and both from big HS programs. And both starting in the pros...but we are talking college performance.
Yeah but those two were pretty special in keeping plays alive. They were untouchable in HS. Rattler wasnt really getting away from people as easily and certainly wasn't extending things like those two were. Hes also coming along after these two and neither of them were enough to push OU to a championship. So if they couldn't I don't see a not as good version doing it. Again it's just my opinion.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but those two were pretty special in keeping plays alive. They were untouchable in HS. Rattler wasnt really getting away from people as easily and certainly wasn't extending things like those two were. Hes also coming along after these two and neither of them were enough to push OU to a championship. So if they couldn't I don't see a not as good version doing it. Again it's just my opinion.
I ain't saying Rattler will push OU to a championship at all. I'm just saying that being smallish and from a highly rated HS program doesn't in and of itself keep a player from being able to transfer to the college level.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ain't saying Rattler will push OU to a championship at all. I'm just saying that being smallish and from a highly rated HS program doesn't in and of itself keep a player from being able to transfer to the college level.

No those things don't but the small thing doesn't help. It's something you have to keep telling yourself it won't hurt him knowing that for most it has hurt many and it's something he has to work around. But all I can say is after watching three or four (I dont recall how many they showed) games he just doesn't pop out to me. He was good. They won . He put up numbers ,But I've seen the Elways, Carson Palmer, Matt Lienart , Mark Sanchez the two kids coming out now Bryce Young and DJ Uiagalelei and they popped out when you saw them play against HS players . You knew they were on another level. I kept seeing people praise the kid and saying hes the #1 QB in the country and I saw Tate Martell and JT Daniels. Products of QB camps and loaded HS teams. I saw Martell a few times live and Daniels live a few times and while they lit up the scoreboard I didn't see sure fire star in them either. To be honest Bryce Young would scare me at Alabama. I've watched him play since he was about 150 lbs as a freshman . He isn't that big his arm isn't that great but between his wiggle and his loaded team he put up huge numbers. I bet he's not more than 185lbs even now. He's got more elusiveness than Rattler which might be enough.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones being above Bo Nix is a joke.

Mond is trash.

Spencer Rattler has done nothing to earn his spot.

Sam Ehlinger at 4? LOL

How does Alabama get 2 on the list? That doesn’t even make sense.
Just be glad Tua left early, else it might’ve been 3 on the list.

:D

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No those things don't but the small thing doesn't help. It's something you have to keep telling yourself it won't hurt him knowing that for most it has hurt many and it's something he has to work around. But all I can say is after watching three or four (I dont recall how many they showed) games he just doesn't pop out to me. He was good. They won . He put up numbers ,But I've seen the Elways, Carson Palmer, Matt Lienart , Mark Sanchez the two kids coming out now Bryce Young and DJ Uiagalelei and they popped out when you saw them play against HS players . You knew they were on another level. I kept seeing people praise the kid and saying hes the #1 QB in the country and I saw Tate Martell and JT Daniels. Products of QB camps and loaded HS teams. I saw Martell a few times live and Daniels live a few times and while they lit up the scoreboard I didn't see sure fire star in them either. To be honest Bryce Young would scare me at Alabama. I've watched him play since he was about 150 lbs as a freshman . He isn't that big his arm isn't that great but between his wiggle and his loaded team he put up huge numbers. I bet he's not more than 185lbs even now. He's got more elusiveness than Rattler which might be enough.
No doubt player size can help...if they don't lose their ability to move with the additional size. If Mayfield and Murray were 6'4" or so, and maintained their elusiveness, it would be a great asset. Still up in the air about their durability.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it about QB they can't get right. They always have the O line a good running game and usually good receivers but the QB spot has been a carousel of kids who come in highly rated but never get much better. But at least the rest of the team has been good at SC only the QB spot and receivers have been good. lol
Only soft little bitches choose Notre Dame.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be glad Tua left early, else it might’ve been 3 on the list.

:D
Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Mac Jones fan. He has thrown more Auburn touchdowns in the Iron Bowl than Bo Nix.