• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Special Teams

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
understandbly, the offense gets the most attention followed by defense, but our special teams doesn't look so good? in particular, the coverage.

we supposedly picked up some special team players, but so far its not even average IMO?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New ST coach, new players. Think it will just take some time for it to all come together. Seely was a pretty good ST coach in Cleveland.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. Although there was improvement in this department too. It looked like the Saints were going to break a return every time, and eventually did. Didn't look like that to me in the Raiders game. The unblocked guy on the punt that could have taken out Akers too, there is no excuse for that.

I think, hope, this is just a drawback of the new coaching staff who have only had 3 weeks of practice. It seems like it is mostly sloppy play, instead of lack of any real ability of the players and coaching.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
New ST coach, new players. Think it will just take some time for it to all come together. Seely was a pretty good ST coach in Cleveland.

yeah ok, it is pre-season and as long as they improve week over week too.

but if there's one thing i expected to get better in a hurry, is coverage.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
understandbly, the offense gets the most attention followed by defense, but our special teams doesn't look so good? in particular, the coverage.

we supposedly picked up some special team players, but so far its not even average IMO?

With the addition of Seely I expected better than what I have seen as well, so I agree with you, the ST's coverage has been disappointing at best. Last year Bowman was a hawk, as was McKillop in '09. We need a new Bill Bates.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will get coverage will get a lot tighter when the roster get settled and people are assigned roles in ST. Right now it seems like guys are thinking about making the cut at an actual position and not really thinking about ST.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the addition of Seely I expected better than what I have seen as well, so I agree with you, the ST's coverage has been disappointing at best. Last year Bowman was a hawk, as was McKillop in '09. We need a new Bill Bates.

Maybe that is what the coverage team is missing.. Bowman. I'm assuming as a starter he is no longer playing ST.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I agree the ST has been looking sketchy these two games but I think it'll work itself out with some time. I think a lot of it has to do with the truncated offseason as I think the time is being more spent getting the offense and defense up to speed than working on ST's and I believe the other part is there is just so many bodies in camp now it's likely making it much harder to get a set number of guys working on STs since you have a lot of potential guys there.