• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooooo.... who trades for Westbrook now?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going with that eh? Get called out and pretend you're kidding, smart move.
I usually post tongue in cheek and you should realize that by now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to unbuck this thread a little....

So who are the realistic destinations for RW?

Miami - I definitely see them as a possible outcome in that they would want him. RW and Butler playing together would definitely be league pass worthy for a little while at least. Problem is that both teams are hard capped. They would need a 3rd team to take on some salary. The Heat don't have any picks to give up. So basically this only happens if the Thunder just want to be rid of RW's contract which may be the case.

Magic - Similar problem that they are cap constrained. Butt hey have more draft capital.

Bulls - Seems to go against what they are trying to build but it's possible that they could give up Porter and change if they wanted to jump start their plan

Wolves - I can't imagine they would go for another mercurial hot tempered player but anything is possible. Would the Thunder take Wiggins back? Seems unlikely but he might be a better fit and open up the PG for SGA.

Spurs - A non 3 point shooting PG is a non-issue for Pop. If he thought he wanted to make one more run, this could be the move to make that happen.

Ultimately it seems that there are no great situations that could work but in the modern NBA that means something is almost certain to happen.
gotta add Detroit to the list- but other than that I think your post is very good

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving Grant the way they did, saved OKC 36M... Moving Grant & PG saved some... 100M(!!!) out of salaries + lux tax + repeater tax and got them back SG Alexander, D.Gallinari and 6x1st picks...

They couldn't have hoped for a better deal if they are after contending soon and stay a playoff team at the same time...

OKC are among the big winners out of this post season and they are placed extremely well as to both advance the team significantly until the trade deadline, as well as have secured their future for coming back as being contenders and last for many years to come...
i think Presti did great

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta add Detroit to the list- but other than that I think your post is very good

The Pistons are a possibility certainly. But I don't see how the money works.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Presti did great

...as long as they draft well, or package those picks for other players. Gonna be tough to fit 10 first rounders over 5 years into a responsible roster.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kevin Love is a much more attractive trade piece. With all these teams having 2 stars, 1 more and a proven 3rd option in Love, a lot of teams should want to trade for him at some point IMHO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kevin Love is a much more attractive trade piece. With all these teams having 2 stars, 1 more and a proven 3rd option in Love, a lot of teams should want to trade for him at some point IMHO
more attractive than who? Westbrook?

probably pretty close.

Love's game should age better and hes a helluva lot cheaper--- and he fits in to about any team that he goes too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston, for Paul and some picks/swaps...that's my guess.