• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooooo.... who trades for Westbrook now?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kevin Love is a much more attractive trade piece. With all these teams having 2 stars, 1 more and a proven 3rd option in Love, a lot of teams should want to trade for him at some point IMHO

more attractive than who? Westbrook?

probably pretty close.

Love's game should age better and hes a helluva lot cheaper--- and he fits in to about any team that he goes too.

Love is incapable of playing defense. Hard pass for any team in contention.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... I'd already dreamt of a Pistons team without Reggie Jackson and Andre Drummond.

Screw you Houston.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL nope. I'm not wrong on this particular topic but I've been wrong many times here. What was your last time to be wrong, that you'll admit to? Since you won't admit I know more about basketball than you.

He HAD to admit that he was a fake Cowboys fan living in Texas, when the MODS busted him for posting from Wisconsin all these years. bout the only time he's "admitted" to his doofiness.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He HAD to admit that he was a fake Cowboys fan living in Texas, when the MODS busted him for posting from Wisconsin all these years. bout the only time he's "admitted" to his doofiness.

I always wondered why that guy was such a big Bucks fan. Seemed like a big ol' Texan (I went to high school in Houston suburbs, lived there 9 years, so I know a little about Texas). Turns out he's a cheesehead.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it'll work out and I'll be totally fine saying I was wrong, but this just seems like a disaster trade for Houston imo. I just don't see the Harden/Westbrook pairing working. And they gave up a lot picks. Morey has a history of not valuing picks but this just seems reckless. To me, this speaks more about just making a big move for the sake of making a move than it does making a move that makes sense.

After they lost to the Warriors in embarrassing fashion, I get it. You want to shake it up (I suggested firing D'Antoni. I think a few others here did as well, Bk and someone else I think) but that roster has been really good the last 2 years. They just couldn't beat the Warriors. Well that team isn't around anymore. Even with the turmoil Morey caused by saying everyone is on the block, I thought they were actually in a good spot the way the rest of free agency broke. There's lots of teams that were gonna have to learn to play together, making the Rockets continuity a built in advantage. Now that's all out the window. They bring in Westbrook, who doesn't fit with how Moreyball works at all. His shot sucks so teams can just play off him. That's gonna jam up everything stylistically for them. I don't see this making them any better. They were already championship or bust. But now they aren't really closer to a championship and that bust is now even a bigger bust because they sacrificed a good chunk of their future.

Excellent haul for OKC though. It's a no brainer for them. There's no way they could have gotten that return from Miami or Detroit

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it'll work out and I'll be totally fine saying I was wrong, but this just seems like a disaster trade for Houston imo. I just don't see the Harden/Westbrook pairing working. And they gave up a lot picks. Morey has a history of not valuing picks but this just seems reckless. To me, this speaks more about just making a big move for the sake of making a move than it does making a move that makes sense.

After they lost to the Warriors in embarrassing fashion, I get it. You want to shake it up (I suggested firing D'Antoni. I think a few others here did as well, Bk and someone else I think) but that roster has been really good the last 2 years. They just couldn't beat the Warriors. Well that team isn't around anymore. Even with the turmoil Morey caused by saying everyone is on the block, I thought they were actually in a good spot the way the rest of free agency broke. There's lots of teams that were gonna have to learn to play together, making the Rockets continuity a built in advantage. Now that's all out the window. They bring in Westbrook, who doesn't fit with how Moreyball works at all. His shot sucks so teams can just play off him. That's gonna jam up everything stylistically for them. I don't see this making them any better. They were already championship or bust. But now they aren't really closer to a championship and that bust is now even a bigger bust because they sacrificed a good chunk of their future.

Excellent haul for OKC though. It's a no brainer for them. There's no way they could have gotten that return from Miami or Detroit
KD taught them something.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two balls. One can be held or shot, or passed. The other must constantly be dribbled.

That rule change and this team wins 70.

I would've liked to see Harden without Paul and with another scorer. But both need the ball in their hand to be at their best. It's a weird pairing.

Also, Im bitter.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two balls. One can be held or shot, or passed. The other must constantly be dribbled.

That rule change and this team wins 70.

I would've liked to see Harden without Paul and with another scorer. But both need the ball in their hand to be at their best. It's a weird pairing.

Also, Im bitter.

You can spin it positive instead of being bitter. If what Houston gave up is any indication, you guys would have had to absolutely gut your team from now until infinity to get Westbrook. And the result probably would have been 3 seed in the East and maybe a trip to the conference finals.

Still, as overall fan of the NBA, I'm disappointed he didn't go East to Miami or Detroit. The league as a whole would have been more interesting than him being in Houston

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can spin it positive instead of being bitter. If what Houston gave up is any indication, you guys would have had to absolutely gut your team from now until infinity to get Westbrook. And the result probably would have been 3 seed in the East and maybe a trip to the conference finals.

Still, as overall fan of the NBA, I'm disappointed he didn't go East to Miami or Detroit. The league as a whole would have been more interesting than him being in Houston
The French kid draft pick would've been easy to give up, for me.

And the two other big contracts I mentioned earlier. Once that was in place I would've assumed the picks given up are 25 or higher since DRose and Blake have grown out of always being injured. This would've been my mindset, until Blake and DRose are both out for the year and Westbrook finds himself being heckled by home fans for wearing gay shit in postgame interviews.

You're right, hoping for a six seed while standing pat is prolly for the best longterm.

Im still down to trade for CP3 though. AllState Commercials couldn't hurt.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically they took on some wild card first rounders to take on a very bad contract and a four year older player

Now if they can flip Paul even for spare parts and manage to keep those picks it's a win for them. The amount of teams willing to make that move are pretty slim.

I don't see Miami going for Paul as they can sign a free agent of better caliber.

It's a short list of teams that would even entertain the idea.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the two other big contracts I mentioned earlier. Once that was in place I would've assumed the picks given up are 25 or higher since DRose and Blake have grown out of always being injured. This would've been my mindset, until Blake and DRose are both out for the year and Westbrook finds himself being heckled by home fans for wearing gay shit in postgame interviews.

You're right, hoping for a six seed while standing pat is prolly for the best longterm.

Im still down to trade for CP3 though. AllState Commercials couldn't hurt.

I guess I wouldn't jump off a bridge if they traded Snell, Jackson, and Galloway for him straight up.

But they ain't getting Kennard or Sekou for that contract.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit does Oklahoma City have a lot of 1st round draft picks.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an assbackward trade by Houston. You have the #1 ball dominant player in the NBA the last 5 years and you trade for the guy who is #2 the last 5 years?!?

What could possibly go wrong with that pairing?!?

Houston may as well tell the other 3 guys on the floor to save their energy and stay back on defense. They won’t be needed on the offensive end.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that now, but I'm hoping he will quickly change your mind.
I find it strange, however, that he is On the summer league roster and hasn't seen a minute in 4 games. Hopefully they are just waiting for his surprise dominance of the NBA.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit does Oklahoma City have a lot of 1st round draft picks.

Unprecedented amount?
I have a feeling some of them will be moving shortly along with CP3.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unprecedented amount?
I have a feeling some of them will be moving shortly along with CP3.

I don't know about that I'm thinking they are either going to keep him or hope someone will piecemeal a deal for him

Otherwise they would've traded RW for a couple pick swaps and whatever player or players Chris Paul gets them.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that I'm thinking they are either going to keep him or hope someone will piecemeal a deal for him

Otherwise they would've traded RW for a couple pick swaps and whatever player or players Chris Paul gets them.

Keeping him makes zero sense.
Rockets paid to get rid of him.
No team is taking on that contract without being heavily compensated.

To me, OKC is back to having to negotiate a much tougher deal, but prob will get it done because of all the chips they have accumulated.

I'm real curious to know what they turned down from Miami.

Now, Im thinking I hope it not the case, but I can see Riley having something in place still with OKC to bring Paul here.
I know Paul spends a lot of most of his summers here (or at least used to).
Obviously Winslow would be out of play, but Heat could give a package of expiring contracts.

It was briefly discussed last night between us Heat fans and we were against it if it precluded us from having enough money to go after someone else next season.

I do recall reading that if the Heat would have got Westbrook, there was still a way to go after a 3rd star next year, so I don't know.