• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooo....., When has Nebraska EVER relied upon Texas Talent?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 of the 5 Heisman Winners at Oklahoma were from Oklahoma.

The OP makes a good point.

Maybe for Nebraska, but not OU. Without Texas talent, OU has to drop football altogether. I've always said what made NU relevant during Osborne's era was that they depended on those illiterate partial qualifiers who couldn't qualify academically anywhere else and the fact Switzer resigned and the NCAA shut down OU's football program in the 90's. Had Switzer not resigned, NU doesn't dominate. Switzer was Tom's daddy.....

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Nebraska did not need Texas players during those years.
They found another more colorful solution.
During those years, Nebraska relied on its partial qualifiers more than Texas players.

Even the most shady SEC schools found it distasteful.
NU could just walk into Florida and find some illiterates to play football who struggled with basic ABC and could scarcely write their own names in crayon.

In the 1990s, Dr. Tom Osborne would look the other way as Nebraska had zero admission standards.
Heck, they had 4 PQ starters, and 2 PQ rotation players on the 1995 team alone (19% of its starting lineup).
Of those 6 players, 4 were arrested multiple times and career criminals but I digress.....

Every coach in the country cried FOUL.
Nebraska was referred to as OPEN ADMISSIONS UNIVERSITY by pissed off coaches.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's coach was so revered by the fellow coaches. They gifted him a part of a National Championship they didnt deserve as a going away present. :pound:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe for Nebraska, but not OU. Without Texas talent, OU has to drop football altogether. I've always said what made NU relevant during Osborne's era was that they depended on those illiterate partial qualifiers who couldn't qualify academically anywhere else and the fact Switzer resigned and the NCAA shut down OU's football program in the 90's. Had Switzer not resigned, NU doesn't dominate. Switzer was Tom's daddy.....

And without an Oklahoma All American Quarterback you all would only have 1 NC.

truth-bomb.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People from Texas don't want to go to Texas?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let's see how random and obscure I can be about my hate for Texas."

I mean, on your topic, who gives a fuck?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Nebraska did not need Texas players during those years.
They found another more colorful solution.
During those years, Nebraska relied on its partial qualifiers more than Texas players.

Even the most shady SEC schools found it distasteful.
NU could just walk into Florida and find some illiterates to play football who struggled with basic ABC and could scarcely write their own names in crayon.

In the 1990s, Dr. Tom Osborne would look the other way as Nebraska had zero admission standards.
Heck, they had 4 PQ starters, and 2 PQ rotation players on the 1995 team alone (19% of its starting lineup).
Of those 6 players, 4 were arrested multiple times and career criminals but I digress.....

Every coach in the country cried FOUL.
Nebraska was referred to as OPEN ADMISSIONS UNIVERSITY by pissed off coaches.

And who were those partial qualifiers?

I guarantee you can't name 1 dumber than Vince Young.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's coach was so revered by the fellow coaches. They gifted him a part of a National Championship they didnt deserve as a going away present. :pound:

You bitches were lucky to get half.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let's see how random and obscure I can be about my hate for Texas."

I mean, on your topic, who gives a fuck?

So sad that you have to make up a quote and try to pawn it off as genuine.

Yep, that in and of itself is Texas. To the 'T'.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bitches were lucky to get half.
We didn't need a fluke play on the last play of regulation to force overtime against 7-5 Missouri. :)

The coaches forgot to get him a going away present. So they decided to gift him the coaches poll vote for his career work.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't need a fluke play on the last play of regulation to force overtime against 7-5 Missouri. :)

The coaches forgot to get him a going away present. So they decided to gift him the coaches poll vote for his career work.

You needed the refs to call off the game before Ryan Leaf and company could beat you in the Rose Bowl though. :nod:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You needed the refs to call off the game before Ryan Leaf and company could beat you in the Rose Bowl though. :nod:

I can see how you'd think that is comparable to Missouri/Nebraska. :L Other than the fact, Michigan was winning and Washington was still 30 yards away from the end zone.

Just feel blessed Osborne announced he was retiring -- the coaches gave him a very nice gift for his career accomplishments.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see how you'd think that is comparable to Missouri/Nebraska. :L Other than the fact, Michigan was winning and Washington was still 30 yards away from the end zone.

Just feel blessed Osborne announced he was retiring -- the coaches gave him a very nice gift for his career accomplishments.
:pound:

Yep, coming off of a 60-3 run, we needed a "gift" to prove our worthiness while Meatchicken claims a "halfy" for their only Natty in the last 50 years. :dhd:

The only gift given that year was the halfy claimed by Michigan. Everybody outside of your state knows that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Yep, coming off of a 60-3 run, we needed a "gift" to prove our worthiness while Meatchicken claims a "halfy" for their only Natty in the last 50 years. :dhd:

The only gift given that year was the halfy claimed by Michigan. Everybody outside of your state knows that.
You do know who the #1 team was going into the bowl games, right? The only question after Michigan won was if the coaches poll would gift Nebraska half in Osborne's final season.
To say "everybody" outside of Michigan knows anything is funny -- as everybody saw how it took a fluke play to just force overtime against Missouri. Be happy for the going away present.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know who the #1 team was going into the bowl games, right? The only question after Michigan won was if the coaches poll would gift Nebraska half in Osborne's final season.
To say "everybody" outside of Michigan knows anything is funny -- as everybody saw how it took a fluke play to just force overtime against Missouri. Be happy for the going away present.

Make a poll and ask everybody who was the best team in 1997. You won't, because you know what the answer will be.

Vegas released an imaginary line after the bowl games in 1997. Nebraska would have been giving 8 points to Charles Woodson and your game managing Griese QB.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a joke, right.

In 1997 Michigan was only able to score 322 points.
Had an average margin of victory of 17ppg.
Was able to reach into the 30pt range 3 times against Baylor Indiana and PSU.
Played Washington State in the Rose Bowl 21-16

In 1997 Nebraska scored 607 points and played 1 more game than Michigan
Had an average margin of victory of 30ppg.
Was able to score more than Michigans 38pts 9 times and broke 50+ point mark 5 times.
Played Tennessee in the Orange Bowl to a 42-14 win.

There just isn't any comparison between Michigan and Nebraska that year.
Nebraska was far and away the best team in College Football that year.
I watched both play that year and while Michigan had a really good team, they weren't in the same class as Nebraska.