• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooo....., When has Nebraska EVER relied upon Texas Talent?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a joke, right.

In 1997 Michigan was only able to score 322 points.
Had an average margin of victory of 17ppg.
Was able to reach into the 30pt range 3 times against Baylor Indiana and PSU.
Played Washington State in the Rose Bowl 21-16

In 1997 Nebraska scored 607 points and played 1 more game than Michigan
Had an average margin of victory of 30ppg.
Was able to score more than Michigans 38pts 9 times and broke 50+ point mark 5 times.
Played Tennessee in the Orange Bowl to a 42-14 win.

There just isn't any comparison between Michigan and Nebraska that year.
Nebraska was far and away the best team in College Football that year.
I watched both play that year and while Michigan had a really good team, they weren't in the same class as Nebraska.

You are wasting your time with that dude.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a joke, right.

In 1997 Michigan was only able to score 322 points.
Had an average margin of victory of 17ppg.
Was able to reach into the 30pt range 3 times against Baylor Indiana and PSU.
Played Washington State in the Rose Bowl 21-16

In 1997 Nebraska scored 607 points and played 1 more game than Michigan
Had an average margin of victory of 30ppg.
Was able to score more than Michigans 38pts 9 times and broke 50+ point mark 5 times.
Played Tennessee in the Orange Bowl to a 42-14 win.

There just isn't any comparison between Michigan and Nebraska that year.
Nebraska was far and away the best team in College Football that year.
I watched both play that year and while Michigan had a really good team, they weren't in the same class as Nebraska.
Congrats on scoring points. Defense wins championships.
Michigan had the #1 scoring defense in the country, giving up 9 ppg.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make a poll and ask everybody who was the best team in 1997. You won't, because you know what the answer will be.

Vegas released an imaginary line after the bowl games in 1997. Nebraska would have been giving 8 points to Charles Woodson and your game managing Griese QB.
Hmmmm. I wonder if there is another school that wins with defense and uses game managing QB's. It is slipping my mind, but I believe Saban coaches them. Maybe you can help me out with that.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. I wonder if there is another school that wins with defense and uses game managing QB's. It is slipping my mind, but I believe Saban coaches them. Maybe you can help me out with that.

Nebraska was 5th in Total Defense and 3rd in Rushing Defense in 1997. Unless Bob Griese's son woke up and became a better version of Peyton Manning, you weren't scoring shit on the Husker D that year. We held that guy with 7 future NFL players on that offense, and the overall #1 pick in the NFL draft and NFL Hall of Famer, to a grand total of 17 points.

And, oh by the way, we also had the #1 rushing offense, total offense, AND scoring offense that year.

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska was 5th in Total Defense and 3rd in Rushing Defense in 1997. Unless Bob Griese's son woke up and became a better version of Peyton Manning, you weren't scoring shit on the Husker D that year. We held that guy with 7 future NFL players on that offense, and the overall #1 pick in the NFL draft and NFL Hall of Famer, to a grand total of 17 points.

And, oh by the way, we also had the #1 rushing offense, total offense, AND scoring offense that year.
We had the #1 passing defense, #1 total defense and #1 scoring defense. They were also #1 in defensive efficiency and #7 in Rushing Defense.

They also played 7 ranked teams with 4 of them in the top 10.

Lastly, they never needed a fluke play to bail them out of a loss.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Michigan, the quirky Big 12 schedule could not help you earn your full title.

Texas beat them in 1996 and 1998 like we always do every single time.

But, Nebraska managed to avoid playing Texas in 1997.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Michigan, the quirky Big 12 schedule could not help you earn your full title.

Texas beat them in 1996 and 1998 like we always do every single time.

But, Nebraska managed to avoid playing Texas in 1997.

And this thread has become perfect.

Much like Ptolemy who put together an Earth-centric universe, Texas fan will forever put forward a Texas-centric view on anything. Everything. Ever.

The only hope I have is that when Trump is Prez, he'll put up the Wall at the Oklahoma border.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sad that you have to make up a quote and try to pawn it off as genuine.

Yep, that in and of itself is Texas. To the 'T'.

your thread has almost zero value, other than to troll Texas folks.

Out of the blue, just for the fun of it.

So I would say that is in and of itself, Nebraska. To the 'N'. So Incognito of you.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just did some research and the data analysis that I came up with is that Nebraska football isn't very good. Been a long long time since they were good. Oh well, maybe things will get better.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your thread has almost zero value, other than to troll Texas folks.

Out of the blue, just for the fun of it.

So I would say that is in and of itself, Nebraska. To the 'N'. So Incognito of you.

It's OK Jefe.

You are now a Ptolemist.

The world view for you revolves around Texas. A Texas-centric view.

You think the college football world revolves around you, yet everybody else knows it doesn't.

Texas high school talent is/has been/and forever will be overrated. Just like UT.

1 Natty in the last 45 years, and only 3 Conference Championships as a member of the Big 12 in 20 years.

You know this saying. You are "all hat". Have been, and always will be. Texas in a nutshell.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's OK Jefe.

You are now a Ptolemist.

You think the college football world revolves around you, yet everybody else knows it doesn't.

Texas high school talent is/has been/and forever will be overrated. Just like UT.

1 Natty in the last 45 years, and only 3 Conference Championships as a member of the Big 12 in 20 years.

You know this saying. You are "all hat". Have been, and always will be. Texas in a nutshell.

whatever you say.

I'm not the one who made the thread. And I don't think it revolves around Texas. You're the one who thinks it revolves around Texas, and all the bad things they've done to others. I mean for heaven's sake, y'all have all that shit memorized, can recite it word for word.

Give me a break.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever you say.

I'm not the one who made the thread. And I don't think it revolves around Texas. You're the one who thinks it revolves around Texas, and all the bad things they've done to others. I mean for heaven's sake, y'all have all that shit memorized, can recite it word for word.

Give me a break.

Ptoletexas.

All hat.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's OK Jefe.

You are now a Ptolemist.

I've explained how I felt for those years, Texas was nothing compared to Nebraska-not even close.

I was tickled when UT won against them, it always felt like an upset. Does that sound like I think Texas was on top? Go ahead and lump me in with those who you've felt wronged you, but you're wrong.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're trolling job worked.

Congrats, you succeeded in being an asshole. Go brag to your friends. You got won over on a Texan.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're trolling job worked.

Congrats, you succeeded in being an asshole. Go brag to your friends. You got won over on a Texan.

Sad reality is, I'm not trolling.

I'm giving you truth, and you won't accept it.

"All hat".

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god can we kick Red Iowa Nebraska's non-AAU ass out of the conference? Their fanbase acts similar to a girl who isn't over her ex. You talk a lot of shit about your ex, but you still talk about them... too much. How many years has it been? Go back to the Big XII, both conferences would be better for it.

Please Texas take her back!!! She only left because she thought you were going to leave her!

You know, the juvenile preemptive breakup.