• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Someone to look for in the combine

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent seen anyone talking about him....

DE Kareem Martin North Carolina

He's prolly right now a 3rd rounder ....... But I like him

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy does look good. I gave him a 2nd round grade a few months ago. Would not mind gettting him in the 3rd. He looks like a quick twitch type Jerrah keeps blabbing about.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still not sure about Jernigan. He does not look like a quick twitch. He always seems to be the last defender to move after the ball is snapped. Donald on the other hand probably has Jerrah slobbering because of how quic twitch he is. Give me Martin in the 3rd and Pagan in the 4th. Marinelli would make them into a force

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry says quick twitch. Monte says quick twitch. I can't remember if Marinelli say quick twitch or not. Let's hope we look for good Football players with or without a "quick twitch"

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO but the only thing a quick twitch is good for is fast draw gun fighting

give me a solid football player and move on to the next solid Football player etc etc etc

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO but the only thing a quick twitch is good for is fast draw gun fighting

give me a solid football player and move on to the next solid Football player etc etc etc

Hes a football player with a high motor ......

Like I said not a 1st rounder ..... but someone I think especially with RM ..... would be a hella pick up in the 3rd

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes a football player with a high motor ......

Like I said not a 1st rounder ..... but someone I think especially with RM ..... would be a hella pick up in the 3rd

then Im in and hoping we get a bargain

again I want football players we can build with

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer play here...

Take a L@@K @ the Beavers DE in the draft this year. Kids got a motor that won't quit, ask ANY team in the Pac as they usually had to double team him.

DE Scott Crieghton

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could make some moves and come out of this draft .... with something like this

Clinton-Dix or Pryor
Donald or Hagaman
Martin
Lawrence Hubbard or Jones ( Olbers)

Very possible .... and it would be a awesome draft

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer play here...

Take a L@@K @ the Beavers DE in the draft this year. Kids got a motor that won't quit, ask ANY team in the Pac as they usually had to double team him.

DE Scott Crieghton

Hes projected as late 1st early 2nd

Not a bad name to throw out there though

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer play here...

DE Scott Crieghton

LOL...this was the guy in another thread that I said Jerry will draft. I'd prefer DT or safety which is why I said a DE

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crichton is rated as a late 1st early 2nd already. I like the mock trade where we get pick 62. Getting 3 out of the top 62 in this draft would be nice. It would go a long way towards improving the defense. Something tells me Jerrah will go offense early on though

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My combine guy is DE Dee Ford out of Auburn. I think he may have to slide to OLB, but that kid has a little Robert Mathis in him IMO

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoever we draft on defense I don't care how fast they are or how hard they hit. If they cant tackle I don't want them. Sick of having hitters & they don't know any fundamentals of tackling & some guy breaks it for a long run or TD because a defender didn't wrap up. I may be in the minority here, but I would take fundamentally sound defenders over high ceiling defenders. If we have to rebuild a core defense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin has very long arms,nice quckness and size. My new mock. Donald,JoynerMartin,Pagan. Somebody mentioned this Joyner a while back. He looks like a tweener and hits more like a safety with ball skils than a corner. He just looks like a football player like donald. Gives great effort.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoever we draft on defense I don't care how fast they are or how hard they hit. If they cant tackle I don't want them. Sick of having hitters & they don't know any fundamentals of tackling & some guy breaks it for a long run or TD because a defender didn't wrap up. I may be in the minority here, but I would take fundamentally sound defenders over high ceiling defenders. If we have to rebuild a core defense.

I've said since the days of "Camp Cupcake" you play how you practice. We hardly ever tackled then and it showed on hte field. Now with the new CBA rules towards full contact practice I think this becomes the new trend. yes, you learn how to tackle in grade School, but if you don't do it at practice IMO you lose that aggressiveness. And heck, they call it practice for a reason. A QB learns how to throw his whole life, but if he nver practices throwing in the NFL he is going to lose accuracy.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need guys that can cover and tacke. I really found it hard to believe that we started Heath over Wilcox. Heath was burned repeatedley. The guy that started the season, Allen, was better than Heath. We are in for a long season if Heath is starting this upcoming season.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need guys that can cover and tacke. I really found it hard to believe that we started Heath over Wilcox. Heath was burned repeatedley. The guy that started the season, Allen, was better than Heath. We are in for a long season if Heath is starting this upcoming season.

:doh:

Was a nice convo about this on Cowboys.com (It's still there where they discuss the safty issue and the safeties in the draft)

It wasn't that they thought Heath was that good. It was that Wilcox hit a wall and became that bad.

So for as much as everyone was displeased with Heath ... The fact is Wilcox was/ or got worse.

With a full offseason either player can get better though. But Heath was drafted for special teams not to be thrown into the fire his first year. UNLIKE Wilcox.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember having a discussion with someone here about how dumb it would be to cut Allen two weeks before he was cut. Not that he was a great player, but knowing what was left behind him the cut was not going to happen IMO. I said we couldn't afford to lose him and they said we don't need to have another safety as we already had 4 others. A couple of weeks later they bumped the thread and said it proved them right and how we were better off keeping Costa and a couple of the others I proposed cutting instead. I don't remember them bumping the thread after the season when hte move was proven asinine and disastrous for our final record. From now on I'll have to make my comments what I would do, not what the Cowboys would do as common sense doesn't always have a place at the ranch...