• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

social media and Rg3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, let's see if I understand this.......people here, on a social media network are complaining and or debating what someone else is doing or has done on a social media network right?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
russell wilson has way many more posts then RG3 there are a few other qbs who post on social media

hell wilson was fighting with a teammate over stealing a girlfriend on social media for the love of god

so stop with the " top qbs dont do that crap"

it isnt true . brady has responded to shots taken at him and his wife on social media

RG3 most likely is a flat failure as an NFL qb . social media didnt get him there

being above the fray is all fine and dandy until you are under the gun

Please stop with the part about how other QBs posts too. The issue has never been Griff posting on social media. It is his continued insistence on doing battle with FANS. This is not the same thing as Russell Wilson responding to a charge issued by a teammate. And that was a one time thing. This back and forth between Griffin and the fans has been ongoing and is a situation that he has been criticized for over and over again yet he continues to do it.

Regarding Tom Brady again the difference is nobody has accused Tom Brady of not working hard and causing unnecessary drama. He has never been on the hot seat like Robert Griffin is now. It just doesn't take too much awareness to understand that even thought on it's own it's not that big of a deal Griffin should understand that this is literally the last thing he should be doing right now. I don't know the particulars of Brady's responses to the fans but I'll go out on a limb and assume it wasn't an hour and a half in length.

So if Brady has responded to the fans you are right, Griff is not the only QB who does this. So let me amend my position to read nearly all the other top QBs don't stoop to this level. The one that does has earned the right and does not carry it to the length that our QB who is under fire does.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, let's see if I understand this.......people here, on a social media network are complaining and or debating what someone else is doing or has done on a social media network right?

Bingo. I was basically about to post the same thing. It also sounds like as much as people here get on RG3's case they also basically appreciate the type of things he is doing in this area since it fuels conversation on forums such as this one. In the grand scheme of things basically much ado about nothing.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point most are missing is that the social media thing is just a part of what would seem to be a larger part of Mr Griffins make up. As i said before, he seems to be a bit more concerned with being liked and popular than with being a GOOD QB. Ironic that he would be more liked and popular as a good QB than he would ever be as a social media icon.

You are reading too much into the whole thing. It was basically RG3 killing some time and spending a minute or two replying to someone. Any one of us could do similar & I will bet you that other NFL players do similar yet they are not as interesting to ESPN & other sources (guys like Brady & Manning won't do this since they are from another era).

How do we know RG3's exact thoughts during this time? Perhaps he regretted what he did later. Who knows. Again - all that matters is his play on the field & he has the current offseason & early next season to prove that he has addressed his flaws on the field or be gone. It is that simple.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I am saying at all. What I'm saying is he shouldn't feel the need (or have the maturity not to) to respond to every negative comment because there will always be negative comments.

SoCal, of course it all will be moot based on his play next year. Either he has developed or he hasn't. But this is a message board where we discuss and offer opinions before and after on what we think is happening or why something did happen. If every thread was, "his play will determine if he is here or not" then this place would be pretty boring!

Fair enough. However - he is not responding to every negative comment. Have you ever looked at his Twitter account? I have previously in hopes of reading posts from RG3. What a joke. The posts from RG3 are barely on this acct. Instead it consists of predominately naysayers who take every opportunity to lash out at him and use tired variations on his name like "RGMe", "RG3&out" & "RG3-13" - lame.

The few replies that he made probably only addressed less than 1% of these stupid posts. Yes - perhaps he shouldn't even get on the acct, but hey we are all human. I can see fans getting on RG3 for a lot of other things but jumping all over him for this seems a bit much. Oh well - as you correctly stated - it provides material for this forum during a relatively slow time. In a similar way - I am not going to jump all over anyone here for acting in the same manner. HTTR

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. However - he is not responding to every negative comment. Have you ever looked at his Twitter account? I have previously in hopes of reading posts from RG3. What a joke. The posts from RG3 are barely on this acct. Instead it consists of predominately naysayers who take every opportunity to lash out at him and use tired variations on his name like "RGMe", "RG3&out" & "RG3-13" - lame.

The few replies that he made probably only addressed less than 1% of these stupid posts. Yes - perhaps he shouldn't even get on the acct, but hey we are all human. I can see fans getting on RG3 for a lot of other things but jumping all over him for this seems a bit much. Oh well - as you correctly stated - it provides material for this forum during a relatively slow time. In a similar way - I am not going to jump all over anyone here for acting in the same manner. HTTR

I never have been on his account and probably never will. Not a social media guy. Is this all being blown out of proportion? Probably. But everything he does in the press is blown out of proportion. This he needs to realize also. The good and the bad will be over analyzed so he needs to be prepared for this when he posts what he believes are innocent posts. Not saying this is fair, just saying that it is.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never have been on his account and probably never will. Not a social media guy. Is this all being blown out of proportion? Probably. But everything he does in the press is blown out of proportion. This he needs to realize also. The good and the bad will be over analyzed so he needs to be prepared for this when he posts what he believes are innocent posts. Not saying this is fair, just saying that it is.

NP. I guess that my biggest issue here is that the mainstream media takes things like this & makes such a big deal out of it - you can probably thank those jerks on ProFootballTalk for creating that culture. Anyhow - we will all forget about this in a few months. Like I alluded to before - if RG3 has results similar to 2012 then he can post every two minutes as far as I am concerned. Otherwise - next!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah as I've said this really isn't that big of a deal. And the fan claiming he is not working hard because he was posting was an idiot. That was totally unfair criticism and I sure would have a hard time not responding.

But again I am not a professional football player who should understand that this sort of thing comes along with the multi-million dollar contract. And if I were in his spot I would also understand that you never win when you continue to battle with idiot fans.

All of this applies to every professional athlete. It applies 10X when you are in the position RGIII finds himself in.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop with the part about how other QBs posts too. The issue has never been Griff posting on social media. It is his continued insistence on doing battle with FANS. This is not the same thing as Russell Wilson responding to a charge issued by a teammate. And that was a one time thing. This back and forth between Griffin and the fans has been ongoing and is a situation that he has been criticized for over and over again yet he continues to do it.

Regarding Tom Brady again the difference is nobody has accused Tom Brady of not working hard and causing unnecessary drama. He has never been on the hot seat like Robert Griffin is now. It just doesn't take too much awareness to understand that even thought on it's own it's not that big of a deal Griffin should understand that this is literally the last thing he should be doing right now. I don't know the particulars of Brady's responses to the fans but I'll go out on a limb and assume it wasn't an hour and a half in length.

So if Brady has responded to the fans you are right, Griff is not the only QB who does this. So let me amend my position to read nearly all the other top QBs don't stoop to this level. The one that does has earned the right and does not carry it to the length that our QB who is under fire does.

that is the essence of the issue . it has been said that he is distracted from football because of his use of social media. and yes brady and wilson have responded to fans and have done battle with fans . go to there accounts and look

the time it took to respond is of no consequence . and you dont have to earn the right to defend yourself

and if you look at Rg3's account you will see he is attacked early and often and most he has let go . and his so called attack basically is asking how am i doing something wrong or representing my team negatively? hardly attacking

this is a non story . Rg3 is a crappy qb because he is a stubborn knucklehead who feels entitled. not because he answers a troll for an hour and a half on social media

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I never blamed his crappy play on responding to idiots. I simply said he needs to stop doing it and making the news.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I never blamed his crappy play on responding to idiots. I simply said he needs to stop doing it and making the news.

well you and i will disagree here which is ok . he doesnt need to do squat in my opinion he can answer idiots and make the news all he wants . it is on his time not company time

he hasnt done anything at all that is wrong and he shouldnt be dictated to by anyone on how he chooses to deal with detractors or posting an innocent video on instagraham

it doesnt matter if it makes the media its his damn right period end of story

if he wants to waste his time that is on him ultimately he will see or not see the futility in it

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you and i will disagree here which is ok . he doesnt need to do squat in my opinion he can answer idiots and make the news all he wants . it is on his time not company time

he hasnt done anything at all that is wrong and he shouldnt be dictated to by anyone on how he chooses to deal with detractors or posting an innocent video on instagraham

it doesnt matter if it makes the media its his damn right period end of story

if he wants to waste his time that is on him ultimately he will see or not see the futility in it

Do you agree that Griffin getting into a verbal exchange with a knucklehead in the stands during and after the game is not a good look for a starting NFL QB? If so not sure how this is any different.

But again not a huge deal. It's the offseason, I've got to bitch about something And of course Griff is the gift that keeps on giving.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you agree that Griffin getting into a verbal exchange with a knucklehead in the stands during and after the game is not a good look for a starting NFL QB? If so not sure how this is any different.

But again not a huge deal. It's the offseason, I've got to bitch about something And of course Griff is the gift that keeps on giving.

i am never going to say that a guy cant defend himself . that is my core

however you and i can disagree on this and that is fine . i respect your point of view and that of j-y 19's

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I for one agree with magic Johnson he doesn't need to be posting all his workouts we get it he likes to be in shape but out running people on the field isn't going to help u read defense, do you see top qbs like Tom Brady, Russell Willson posting their every workout I highly doubt it they spend more time in film then anything when it's all said and done RG3 is going to be a great strength conditioning coach for his Alma Mata