• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

social media and Rg3

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he probably just shouldn't respond to the haters

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK call it my OCD compulsion when it comes to OUR football team and the QB position. But reality is Griffin is at a critical point in his career. right now Social media should rank just below taking out the trash, no scratch that.. it should rank just below wondering what a single celled organism thinks about on the grand scale of things. When he secures his position as a viable QB, then he can take time off from the things that really matter to update his facebook, my space, instagram, snapchat or what ever other socially mindless pursuit floats his boat. The fact that he couldnt stay off Social media for more than a week.... lets just say if he were an average joe, they have support groups for those kinds of compulsions.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK call it my OCD compulsion when it comes to OUR football team and the QB position. But reality is Griffin is at a critical point in his career. right now Social media should rank just below taking out the trash, no scratch that.. it should rank just below wondering what a single celled organism thinks about on the grand scale of things. When he secures his position as a viable QB, then he can take time off from the things that really matter to update his facebook, my space, instagram, snapchat or what ever other socially mindless pursuit floats his boat. The fact that he couldnt stay off Social media for more than a week.... lets just say if he were an average joe, they have support groups for those kinds of compulsions.

i dont have an issue with him being on social media . he just shouldnt respond to haters . he cant win because most are just baiting him

as long as he is working out, studying the playbook watching film at a rate that will make him successful then i have no issue

i am on this computer quite a bit but i still take care of my family go to work , take care of the house ETC . i 'm on facebook . / instgram twitter etc and what i have learned is if you enter into baiting about politics or religion, how you raise your kids , UFO's bigfoot the lock ness monster and aliens you just wont win so you simply pass on those conversations

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... as I have said before, I think his desire to be liked and loved over rides his common sense more often than not.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the idiot reminds me of Dan Synder. When is this fool going to realize if he wants to be liked play well on the field and if Dan Synder wants to be liked let the GM DO THEIR WORK, RG3 IS A FUCKING MORON

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's idiotic to think that time spent on social media should be time spent studying film. Nobody works harder than Peyton but he does not spend every second of his free time working on film study. That is nearly as stupid as Griffin continue to wage war with the haters.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the idiot reminds me of Dan Synder. When is this fool going to realize if he wants to be liked play well on the field and if Dan Synder wants to be liked let the GM DO THEIR WORK, RG3 IS A FUCKING MORON

It goes well beyond that. It is one thing to be liked (or at least respected) by the general fan base. However - it is quite another to be liked by people on Twitter or people making comments on web sites. There will always be moronic haters in those forums even if you are Tom Brady, P. Manning or anyone (case in pt is Brady who just won a SB but is no doubt hated by many).

I have no problem with anyone spending some time reading these type of posts (and most of the folks who deny it probably read them). Just don't waste your time replying to any of these idiots. RG3 will likely learn his lesson eventually in this area but it may not be for a long time. Oh well.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's idiotic to think that time spent on social media should be time spent studying film. Nobody works harder than Peyton but he does not spend every second of his free time working on film study. That is nearly as stupid as Griffin continue to wage war with the haters.

Agree. Equally as stupid is the media fixating on this or the fact that the Redskins left him of their list of players in their PR guide. It is all part of the dumbing down of this country & s-holes like ESPN lead the sports world in that category.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with RG3 posting on social media. I have an IG and follow RG3. When I saw the video I knew he was gonna get it. Here's the deal. Griffin needs to start winning football games again. If he does that, all this goes away. If he was coming off of a trip to the Super Bowl, this would be deemed charming and charismatic.

He's not. He's won 4 games in 2 years. He has a fan base that is absolutely starving for a winner. Starving! It just gives the appearance that he is unfocused.

What he is, is a kid who is doing what most people who are 24 do. Have a little fun on social media. However if you are hyper sensitive like RG3, you shouldn't be on social media.

I've got into heated debates on here and the old ESPN boards plenty of times with some of you. But at the end of the day we're still good. At the end of the day we all want to see the Skins win again. We just differ in opinion on the best and fastest way to do it. No big deal.

RG3's publisist is failing him. If he starts winning games and ripping off 76 yard td runs again, this all goes away. Until then he can expect more of the same from a fan base that feels RG carries himself as if he's arrived and won something significant.

Sucks for him, but this is the life he chose. POTUS and being the quarterback of the Redskins are probably the most scrutinized positions the District.

RG, you can't win this battle over the internet. You win this battle by winning on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he wants to post a video on instagram then fine . he aint doing anything wrong

responding to critics on it most likely wont get you anywhere

but he is human and if he does respond so what ?

when you, as a person , have had enough you will fire back too ? its human nature and RG3 is no different then you , me or anyone else

shoot the knicks owner responded to a fan who called him stupid . will it get him anywhere ? no but he is human and he fired back . nothing wrong with that no matter how fruitless it might be

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if that works for him and help him sleep better at night knowing he told some nameless, faceless nobody off. Cool. I mean this guy is at work today telling everyone he got into it with RG3 yesterday on IG. Lol. Not a good look. You're supposed to be above it all. Responding to what a respected Skins journalist writes? Maybe. Some jerkoff on IG?

Like I said just win and all this goes away.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if that works for him and help him sleep better at night knowing he told some nameless, faceless nobody off. Cool. I mean this guy is at work today telling everyone he got into it with RG3 yesterday on IG. Lol. Not a good look. You're supposed to be above it all. Responding to what a respected Skins journalist writes? Maybe. Some jerkoff on IG?

Like I said just win and all this goes away.

Actually - I would say just win & then who cares if it goes away (or who cares in any case). There is no way that this is affecting his preparation. Now perhaps you could say that this reflects some of his personality that is possibly holding him back, but in the grand scheme of things I believe that it matters very little.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he wants to post a video on instagram then fine . he aint doing anything wrong

responding to critics on it most likely wont get you anywhere

but he is human and if he does respond so what ?

when you, as a person , have had enough you will fire back too ? its human nature and RG3 is no different then you , me or anyone else

shoot the knicks owner responded to a fan who called him stupid . will it get him anywhere ? no but he is human and he fired back . nothing wrong with that no matter how fruitless it might be

If it were a one time thing then I agree. But this is a pattern with Griffin, he's too thin skinned and he need to just STFU

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually - I would say just win & then who cares if it goes away (or who cares in any case). There is no way that this is affecting his preparation. Now perhaps you could say that this reflects some of his personality that is possibly holding him back, but in the grand scheme of things I believe that it matters very little.

I don't care, but it's obvious he does.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From today's WP Q&A in response to a question about the RG3 replies:

Griffin certainly isn’t the only young quarterback who tweets or posts to Facebook and Instagram. He’s not nearly as active as Russell Wilson or Colin Kaepernick. Wilson has tweeted 6,328 times. Kaepernick has tweeted 7,142 times. Wilson has a Super Bowl ring and fell narrowly short of a second. Kaepernick has played in a Super Bowl, and this year had a disappointing season. Cam Newton has tweeted 178 times over a similar span of time as these other quarterbacks. He hasn’t achieved anywhere close to as much as Wilson, and also trails Kaepernick. So, social media activity has nothing to do with quarterback development.

As long as Griffin isn’t criticizing teammates, coaches and the organization, and as long as he’s putting in work in the film room and on the field this offseason, he could tweet every hour on the hour and Jay Gruden and his teammates wouldn’t care.

So anyone who believes that the time that RG3 has invested in social media has taken away from other things is way off base. Also - the nature of his posts is basically harmless (really - anyone complaining about him singing along to a song is a moron). The only real compliant might be that he gets too sensitive about some of this but really in the grand scheme of things who cares.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were a one time thing then I agree. But this is a pattern with Griffin, he's too thin skinned and he need to just STFU

why does he have to have a limit to how many times he does it ? who the fuck cares if he is too thin skinned ?

bottom line is as long as he isnt doing it during team meetings , while he is studying film while he is taking reps during a game or at half time who the hell cares ?

if he chooses to waste his time answering trolls by god let him have at it . it doesnt matter if he is winning or losing . its his right to do as he pleases

i highly doubt that because he is on social media that he is being impaired as a football player

social media doesnt make him a knucklehead who doesnt take coaching , . his own arrogance does and that has nothing to do with answering some troll from huck a buck county VA

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concern isn't if he is on social media as if that is taking precious time away from his development. The concern is that he allows himself to get focused on the wrong things because he feels this need to be right with everyone. This is a personality flaw that could be determental to being a success in any public career, but even more so an nfl QB. He still hasn't learned to avoid situations like this and how this will be viewed. So that begs the question, has he learned how to avoid a big hit? Or to step up in the pocket? Or to throw the ball away. One of the first issues to solving a problem is recognizing that there is one. This, IMO, is Robert's biggest flaw. He doesn't ever admit that he may be part of the problem.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concern isn't if he is on social media as if that is taking precious time away from his development. The concern is that he allows himself to get focused on the wrong things because he feels this need to be right with everyone. This is a personality flaw that could be determental to being a success in any public career, but even more so an nfl QB. He still hasn't learned to avoid situations like this and how this will be viewed. So that begs the question, has he learned how to avoid a big hit? Or to step up in the pocket? Or to throw the ball away. One of the first issues to solving a problem is recognizing that there is one. This, IMO, is Robert's biggest flaw. He doesn't ever admit that he may be part of the problem.

Totally agree here.

Dad: we both agree, spending time on social media is not in itself the problem. The problem is he just does not seem to have the mental makeup of a top QB. You can't let things like this bother you if you are an NFL QB. That's why I say he is too thinned skin and he need to grow up and get a little tougher mentally if there is any hope.

Personally I don't see this as a huge issue. But as I said it's not the first time. He needs to understand that his job right now is to stay out of the news. Yet he continues to demonstrate immature and over sensitive behavior, 2 concerning traits.