• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

social media and Rg3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree here.

Dad: we both agree, spending time on social media is not in itself the problem. The problem is he just does not seem to have the mental makeup of a top QB. You can't let things like this bother you if you are an NFL QB. That's why I say he is too thinned skin and he need to grow up and get a little tougher mentally if there is any hope.

Personally I don't see this as a huge issue. But as I said it's not the first time. He needs to understand that his job right now is to stay out of the news. Yet he continues to demonstrate immature and over sensitive behavior, 2 concerning traits.

not having the mental make up to be a nfl qb has nothing to do with this at all in my opinion he did nothing wrong by answering a troll

its stupid, it wont get you anywhere with the troll but again who cares if he uses his free time to answer trolls

and its free time j-y19 not stopping a film session to answer a critic and i dont get the freaking argument about it taking time away from film study blah blah blah you dont spend 24-7 at your craft and neither should he

and this shouldnt be in the media either

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concern isn't if he is on social media as if that is taking precious time away from his development. The concern is that he allows himself to get focused on the wrong things because he feels this need to be right with everyone. This is a personality flaw that could be determental to being a success in any public career, but even more so an nfl QB. He still hasn't learned to avoid situations like this and how this will be viewed. So that begs the question, has he learned how to avoid a big hit? Or to step up in the pocket? Or to throw the ball away. One of the first issues to solving a problem is recognizing that there is one. This, IMO, is Robert's biggest flaw. He doesn't ever admit that he may be part of the problem.

Well - that may be RG3's problem. However - I don't really see that as too big of a problem for the Redskins. As I have maintained for a while - we should all have a pretty good idea by the beginning of next season whether he has progressed in any of these areas. If he shows little to no improvement - NP - he basically won't be part of their plans. End of story.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concern isn't if he is on social media as if that is taking precious time away from his development. The concern is that he allows himself to get focused on the wrong things because he feels this need to be right with everyone. This is a personality flaw that could be determental to being a success in any public career, but even more so an nfl QB. He still hasn't learned to avoid situations like this and how this will be viewed. So that begs the question, has he learned how to avoid a big hit? Or to step up in the pocket? Or to throw the ball away. One of the first issues to solving a problem is recognizing that there is one. This, IMO, is Robert's biggest flaw. He doesn't ever admit that he may be part of the problem.

J-y19 he is a human being and if the knicks owner can get into an social media debate then so can RG3 . RG3 is young and he will make mistakes but his personality flaw is his flaw whether he does things on social media or not

its his free time and he wants to waste it , its his business and we dont need to play JR psychologist with him everytime he responds to a critic

RG3 wont succeed until he masters the position of qb and how to play it . he may never get there and i think he wont but we dont need to over analyse every stinking move he makes

if he is thinned skinned so what? ( i believe he is very thinned skinned ) .that doesnt mean he cant throw a ball away when needed or avoid a hit it means he hasnt mastered the art of playing qb in the nfl

and whether he responds to anyone in the social media world wont change it so what if it "proves " what you are saying big deal

RG3 posted a video of him listening to "beat it " by MJ . and a jerk flamed him for it . i would have got in the guys internet face too and i am twice the age of RG3

if you want to be meek be meek if Rg3 feels he needs to step up and defend himself so be it

it wont get him anywhere but maybe it just makes him feel better just like it would me

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J-y19 he is a human being and if the knicks owner can get into an social media debate then so can RG3 . RG3 is young and he will make mistakes but his personality flaw is his flaw whether he does things on social media or not

its his free time and he wants to waste it , its his business and we dont need to play JR psychologist with him everytime he responds to a critic

RG3 wont succeed until he masters the position of qb and how to play it . he may never get there and i think he wont but we dont need to over analyse every stinking move he makes

if he is thinned skinned so what? ( i believe he is very thinned skinned ) .that doesnt mean he cant throw a ball away when needed or avoid a hit it means he hasnt mastered the art of playing qb in the nfl

and whether he responds to anyone in the social media world wont change it so what if it "proves " what you are saying big deal

RG3 posted a video of him listening to "beat it " by MJ . and a jerk flamed him for it . i would have got in the guys internet face too and i am twice the age of RG3

if you want to be meek be meek if Rg3 feels he needs to step up and defend himself so be it

it wont get him anywhere but maybe it just makes him feel better just like it would me

You missed the point of my post.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does he have to have a limit to how many times he does it ? who the fuck cares if he is too thin skinned ?

bottom line is as long as he isnt doing it during team meetings , while he is studying film while he is taking reps during a game or at half time who the hell cares ?

if he chooses to waste his time answering trolls by god let him have at it . it doesnt matter if he is winning or losing . its his right to do as he pleases

i highly doubt that because he is on social media that he is being impaired as a football player

social media doesnt make him a knucklehead who doesnt take coaching , . his own arrogance does and that has nothing to do with answering some troll from huck a buck county VA

Skinsdad, you're taking me out of context. I stated that if he was winning that the negative reaction to him posting would stop. I didn't suggest that he should post only if he's winning. It's his right to do whatever he feels.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is cool that there are differences in opinion on this.
2015 may be his last chance to prove he is the guy in DC. If he plays well, none of that other stuff will matter.

Personally, if I was his coach I would ban him from saying the words, "I got it".
You got it, when I say you got it RG, and even when I say you got it, I don't want to hear you say you got it.

Footwork drills, pocket awareness drills, sliding drills, progression drills, film work!
Ain't that right! MAYONAISE! I want your DOR!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, no one is saying that he shouldn't be allowed to post on social media, I know I am not. I have no concern that this posting took him away from study time. My concern is one of judgement and realization, two critical components to learning. If he doesn't offer sound judgement and the ability to realize the consequences of his actions in one area, one could assume that this might hold true to other areas. This is the concern.

one of the major knocks on Robert has been that it's not that he is unwilling to put in the time or hard work, it's that he focuses on the wrong thing. For example, two coaches have said that he needs to spend less time in the weight room and more time in the film room. this also points to the issue of realization in what it means to be an nfl QB. All these things eventually start to tie together.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is cool that there are differences in opinion on this.
2015 may be his last chance to prove he is the guy in DC. If he plays well, none of that other stuff will matter.

Personally, if I was his coach I would ban him from saying the words, "I got it".
You got it, when I say you got it RG, and even when I say you got it, I don't want to hear you say you got it.

Footwork drills, pocket awareness drills, sliding drills, progression drills, film work!
Ain't that right! MAYONAISE! I want your DOR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g2JN2PrHJg

Great reference! I can just see RG3 working with Cavanaugh on all type of brutal drills. When Cavanaugh asks him to quit RG3 yells "I got nowhere else to go". Classic.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any top QBs do this? Didn't think so. That's the entire point. He had one job right now: stay focused and stay out of the news. It's not asking too much for him to simply ignore the noise, especially why he has history of creating unnecessary drama and distractions.

Would you want the leader of your team running up to the stands and getting into it with a fan who is yelling crap at the game? Or would you want him to show professionalism and simply walk away? Sparring with fans either at the stadium or online shows a very concerning lack of poise, lack of maturity, lack of judgement, lack of everything you want in your starting QB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any top QBs do this? Didn't think so. That's the entire point. He had one job right now: stay focused and stay out of the news. It's not asking too much for him to simply ignore the noise, especially why he has history of creating unnecessary drama and distractions.

Would you want the leader of your team running up to the stands and getting into it with a fan who is yelling crap at the game? Or would you want him to show professionalism and simply walk away? Sparring with fans either at the stadium or online shows a very concerning lack of poise, lack of maturity, lack of judgement, lack of everything you want in your starting QB.

Hmm. Seems to me that Big Ben did some things much, much worse than this a few years ago & he seems to be playing pretty damn good right now. RG3 may still not amount to much, but people are reading way, way too much into this whole thing.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo. It's the realization that when you are in the public's eye, there will always be detractors. You need the maturity to not get wrapped up in what everyone else says and be able to focus on what you are trying to do. its also the realization that everytime you post on social media, you are sending a message.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Seems to me that Big Ben did some things much, much worse than this a few years ago & he seems to be playing pretty damn good right now. RG3 may still not amount to much, but people are reading way, way too much into this whole thing.

Ben should be in jail. Can't even compare the two. But you need to note that ben was already an established QB when his troubles started. Different situation that Robert.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. It's the realization that when you are in the public's eye, there will always be detractors. You need the maturity to not get wrapped up in what everyone else says and be able to focus on what you are trying to do. its also the realization that everytime you post on social media, you are sending a message.

So are you stating that he should not post anything on social media or only certain types of messages? Read my previous reply where Russell Wilson has posted thousands of times on Twitter. Again - the proof will be how he plays on the field. If he shows little progress then he will be gone. If he improves and wins a bunch of games then by all means post to your hearts content!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you stating that he should not post anything on social media or only certain types of messages? Read my previous reply where Russell Wilson has posted thousands of times on Twitter. Again - the proof will be how he plays on the field. If he shows little progress then he will be gone. If he improves and wins a bunch of games then by all means post to your hearts content!

Not what I am saying at all. What I'm saying is he shouldn't feel the need (or have the maturity not to) to respond to every negative comment because there will always be negative comments.

SoCal, of course it all will be moot based on his play next year. Either he has developed or he hasn't. But this is a message board where we discuss and offer opinions before and after on what we think is happening or why something did happen. If every thread was, "his play will determine if he is here or not" then this place would be pretty boring!

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

russell wilson has way many more posts then RG3 there are a few other qbs who post on social media

hell wilson was fighting with a teammate over stealing a girlfriend on social media for the love of god

so stop with the " top qbs dont do that crap"

it isnt true . brady has responded to shots taken at him and his wife on social media

RG3 most likely is a flat failure as an NFL qb . social media didnt get him there

being above the fray is all fine and dandy until you are under the gun

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
russell wilson has way many more posts then RG3 there are a few other qbs who post on social media

hell wilson was fighting with a teammate over stealing a girlfriend on social media for the love of god

so stop with the " top qbs dont do that crap"

it isnt true . brady has responded to shots taken at him and his wife on social media

RG3 most likely is a flat failure as an NFL qb . social media didnt get him there

being above the fray is all fine and dandy until you are under the gun

When did I ever say anything about other QBs? Sorry, dad, I'm not sure you actually read my posts, it appears you just react.....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I ever say anything about other QBs? Sorry, dad, I'm not sure you actually read my posts, it appears you just react.....

correct me if i am wrong but didnt you "bingo " the post of a guy who said top qbs didnt do it ?

but , hey i can apologize to you for quoting your response when i should have gotten DGF but dang when someone says bingo it pretty much means you agree with someone and the content he posted

but fair enough i apologize :suds:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct me if i am wrong but didnt you "bingo " the post of a guy who said top qbs didnt do it ?

but , hey i can apologize to you for quoting your response when i should have gotten DGF but dang when someone says bingo it pretty much means you agree with someone and the content he posted

but fair enough i apologize :suds:

Understandable. That wasn't what I was agreeing with. It was the other part about maturity. I actually have no idea what other QBs do as I'm not a social media guy.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point most are missing is that the social media thing is just a part of what would seem to be a larger part of Mr Griffins make up. As i said before, he seems to be a bit more concerned with being liked and popular than with being a GOOD QB. Ironic that he would be more liked and popular as a good QB than he would ever be as a social media icon.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point most are missing is that the social media thing is just a part of what would seem to be a larger part of Mr Griffins make up. As i said before, he seems to be a bit more concerned with being liked and popular than with being a GOOD QB. Ironic that he would be more liked and popular as a good QB than he would ever be as a social media icon.

sorry shark i dont see it that way . social media is a tool to communicate

i do agree he yearns to be liked and is even more concerned about that then being a good qb because he has had my standard 3 years to get his act together

the guy posted a video on instagraham that was harmless . a ignorant jack wagon attacked him for it and it was stupid thinking

RG3 answered him asking what did he do that was so wrong ? i dont see the issue in that

now if he went out and called garcon a male whore then there is an issue