• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So what will Manning do next, retire or sign with the Rams?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see a pathetic version of Manning next year. And as a Patriots fan I loved the Manning face when he was losing. Now it's just sad, even when he wins. He was sooo grateful to the Bronco's this year. He can't want to come back.

I'd like him to replace someone like Terry Bradshaw on TV whose time has passed. I think he'd be very good at it and I think he has the folksy appeal that Bradshaw has but he's knows much more about football than Bradshaw does now.

Reactions: BUD

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is a guy who deserves to retire on top.

Please, Peyton, grab your Budweiser and your wife and walk away with the Lombardi. Let our last memory of you be the one of you holding the Lombardi.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retire, buy the Titans, and rename the stadium after his lover Papa John

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Manning another year would be like watching Dan Marino and Michael Jordon in their last season as a pro... It would be very sad...

michael-jordan-wizards.jpg

mm.jpg

... and yes, I know this pic isn't of DM's last season...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably texans....

Texans actually make sense. Great reliable weapon in Hopkins. Good running game with Arian Foster (when healthy) and a stout defense that will only get better as Clowney gets better.

Use the same Denver formula and draft defense. Cut Hoyer (save 4.8 mil) and use that money to lure a veteran defensive player to join. Maybe Mario Williams when he gets cut or Julius Peppers if he becomes a cap casualty.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retire. He has the perfect scenario to ride off into the sunset.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St Louis won't be doing themselves any favors to bring in a 40-year-old QB to kick off their inaugural season, part deux. They don't really need a publicity stunt. It's LA.

Yeah it makes zero sense that any team would want Manning QB'ing their team next year.

Just to put this in perspective: Nick Foles with the rest of the Ram's offense was a better QB than Manning was with the significantly more talented Denver offense.

....and considering the scrutiny he is going to be under from the league this offseason for certain, ahem, off-the-field questions, there is no "miraculous" recovery that is possible. If he could shoot himself all offseason with horse steroids, sure, there is a chance he could be back next season. But that period has come and gone for him.

After the football season he had, there is little reason for Manning to come back. Throw in the HGH investigation into the mix and there is no chance IMO. If he comes back that is going to get fully flushed out by the league and the media this offseason. If he just retires, it mostly goes away completely.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will retire as the champion. Risking another neck problem is not worth it.
Enjoy raising your kids and doing TV spots.

Reactions: BUD

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a great career Peyton can walk away as a winner, he has a 2nd SB trophy, time to ride off into the sunset

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see a pathetic version of Manning next year. And as a Patriots fan I loved the Manning face when he was losing. Now it's just sad, even when he wins. He was sooo grateful to the Bronco's this year. He can't want to come back.

I'd like him to replace someone like Terry Bradshaw on TV whose time has passed. I think he'd be very good at it and I think he has the folksy appeal that Bradshaw has but he's knows much more about football than Bradshaw does now.

Hey...leave Bradshaw alone...he's forgotten more football...literally...than Peyton knows...lol.

Seriously...Manning will have his pick of networks if that's his next path...there is some chatter about him joining and eventually taking over the Titans organization ala Elway with DEN.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's done and he already knows it. In fact, I'll bet he decided long ago to retire at the end of the season.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it makes zero sense that any team would want Manning QB'ing their team next year.

Just to put this in perspective: Nick Foles with the rest of the Ram's offense was a better QB than Manning was with the significantly more talented Denver offense.

....and considering the scrutiny he is going to be under from the league this offseason for certain, ahem, off-the-field questions, there is no "miraculous" recovery that is possible. If he could shoot himself all offseason with horse steroids, sure, there is a chance he could be back next season. But that period has come and gone for him.

After the football season he had, there is little reason for Manning to come back. Throw in the HGH investigation into the mix and there is no chance IMO. If he comes back that is going to get fully flushed out by the league and the media this offseason. If he just retires, it mostly goes away completely.

It's all irrelevant anyway. He's retiring. I think he gave us a hint when he plugged Budweiser during his post game interviews. That's against NFL rules for an active player and I doubt if he would have said it if he planned on coming back next year.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey...leave Bradshaw alone...he's forgotten more football...literally...than Peyton knows...lol.

Seriously...Manning will have his pick of networks if that's his next path...there is some chatter about him joining and eventually taking over the Titans organization ala Elway with DEN.

I liked Bradshaw for a while but it's been too long. Maybe he'd like coaching but he seems a natural for TV.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Bradshaw for a while but it's been too long. Maybe he'd like coaching but he seems a natural for TV.

Time does have a way fading memories...admittedly he wasn't the brightest bulb in the socket, but a helluva arm...some people think he was along for the ride on all 4 SBs, but the '78 & '79 teams were his teams...the Steel Curtain was no longer.

Manning seems a bit too monotone to be in TV, but he can be coached up I'm sure....I see him as a front office/GM type but we'll find out soon enough.