• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So we are a .500 team again

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand & I am not badmouthing the defense. Their contributions have been huge & yes they have had injuries but nowhere near to the degree of the offense. I am just kind of ticked that you always trivialize the injuries to this offense. Your write it off as some type of excuse & continually badmouth Cousins & Gruden & somehow expect the injuries to have minimal effect on this offense (& have said so numerous times).

Do you really understand the effect of losing 6 of 11 starters on offense including 3 of your best players? Throw this on top of having 2 other starters who are badly banged up, not having your top OL backup, no true running game & receivers who have been suspect (hopefully this improves). I can't underestimate the significance of these roadblocks yet you see this as no big deal.

You are the kind of fan that always believes that you have a better way to run the organization, coach the team, play QB, etc, etc, etc. I just don't think that you understand how tough it is with these situations or the amt of pain that these players encounter on a regular basis. So go back & review some more video & act like you are the smartest man in the room. I will simply enjoy the victory.

I already told you I understand the injuries. I said even BEFORE the offensive injuries the defense was playing better. I am fan who evaluates this team objectively. It looks like we will get 3 olineman back for Sunday. So its time for the offense to step up.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you I understand the injuries. I said even BEFORE the offensive injuries the defense was playing better. I am fan who evaluates this team objectively. It looks like we will get 3 olineman back for Sunday. So its time for the offense to step up.

Now that is funny!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

11sriy.jpg

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, you are probably the least objective poster on this forum. You have preconceived notions about certain people and situations and never let the actual facts of what happens sway you from those notions. then you build a story around what actually happened to align with your prejudices. You've done it twice in this thread alone. First with KC and the last drive and secondly with Pete Carroll and your hate for him. Of course you will deny this (because that is what you do) and you will try and deflect it by claiming that I have dissed Doctson or the defense as a way of you not having to face what really happened.

Dilly Dilly, Dean!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skins need to play Doctson and Crowder as #2 wr, Grant as slot. Best hands of the bunch (Grant), but no speed.

They need to blitz as often as they did against the seahawks. Whatever Manusky is doing to coach up Lanier, Mbu, and whomever else they have on the Dline now, needs to continue. Obviously.

Kelly is slow, stutter steps too much, and isn't a gamebreaker. Perine fumbles a lot. I'm not sure the rb solution is on the roster right now. I agree that you can't play Thompson so much due to his small frame. It seems as though defenses have figured out the screen to Thompson play. Fakes off that look would be appreciated.

As for next year:

Another stud interior lineman or pass rusher, please.
Resign Zac Brown. That dude flies all over the field.
A stud MLB would be nice too, to take the place of Foster and Compton, both of whom have limitations.
A TE that is as gifted as catching the ball as Reed is, but perhaps not as brittle.
A RB that falls forward for 4 yards would be nice.
Another wr.

Depth, depth, depth.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to play Doctson more. We need to target him more.

Agreed.

We need to play Perine and give him a chance. Rob Kelly shows nothing. Perine cannot be worse.

Kirk is credited with 2 fumbles that are 100% on Perine. As of right now, all SP looks like to me is a bigger, slower version of Matt Jones w/o the customary 1 real nice game for the year production. Rob Kelley isn't a helliied baller, but he doesn't put the rock on the ground and I'd cool with someone wsho could give us 20 carries and 77+ yards a game. As long as he can be consistent in certain situations. Is that Kelley? Maybe not, but I trust him more than I do Perine.

We need to consider activating Quick.

Well sure, given the state of our WR corp. I think he merited more PT for himself. but I also read in another thread that he's in concussion protocol.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...another point.

We may be a .500 team but we have beat three teams that were above .500 when we met and haven't loss to any team with a losing record. Another complaint of the ABCers crushed.

That's not how that works. You can't really tally anything up, well, you can, as the Rams look to real good to finish above .500 for instance. To get an accurate accounting though. The reg season needs to be concluded.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how that works. You can't really tally anything up, well, you can, as the Rams look to real good to finish above .500 for instance. To get an accurate accounting though. The reg season needs to be concluded.

I think you have to look at the circumstance. Is losing to GB at the beginning of the year with Rodgers, the same as losing to GB with Hundley? Is the Rams losing to us in week 2 the same as Seattle losing on Sunday? There are a number of ways to look at it.

No matter how they finish, I think the Eagles and Rams have proven to be legit. A key injury and they look bad later in the season. Even the Chiefs were dominant at the beginning of the season but Hunt is already wearing down. Is our loss early to them the same as a loss now, other than simple record?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 4 losses to date have been to teams that have a legit shot at the SB & except for the last Eagles game the Redskins were in the game until the final seconds.

I think that the next two games will kind of define this team. They are playing two very likely playoff teams but not teams that are insurmountable. If they can even go 1-1 against these teams it should be viewed as a success.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, you are probably the least objective poster on this forum. You have preconceived notions about certain people and situations and never let the actual facts of what happens sway you from those notions. then you build a story around what actually happened to align with your prejudices. You've done it twice in this thread alone. First with KC and the last drive and secondly with Pete Carroll and your hate for him. Of course you will deny this (because that is what you do) and you will try and deflect it by claiming that I have dissed Doctson or the defense as a way of you not having to face what really happened.

Dilly Dilly, Dean!

You still think that was a godo throw by KC to Doc. That is insane. How is that objective? I said what really happened.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still think that was a godo throw by KC to Doc. That is insane. How is that objective? I said what really happened.
You know what you would have said if KC hit Doctson in stride for a TD? You would have said that we scored to quick and it was a dumb play by KC giving Seattle too much time. We have seen these comments from you before.

You want to be seen as objective? Then, for once, say that KC led the team to a game winning drive because if he didn't, you sure would be crucifying him this week. If you are going to place all the blame on him when they haven't pulled it out (for whatever reason), then you need to give him the credit when they do. But you can't do that as it ruins your preconceived notion of him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what you would have said if KC hit Doctson in stride for a TD? You would have said that we scored to quick and it was a dumb play by KC giving Seattle too much time. We have seen these comments from you before.

You want to be seen as objective? Then, for once, say that KC led the team to a game winning drive because if he didn't, you sure would be crucifying him this week. If you are going to place all the blame on him when they haven't pulled it out (for whatever reason), then you need to give him the credit when they do. But you can't do that as it ruins your preconceived notion of him.

Jay...how do you have 2,000 fewer posts than Dean, but have more than twice the number of likes?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay...how do you have 2,000 fewer posts than Dean, but have more than twice the number of likes?
Its funny you mention that. Until I saw dean reference that, it never even occurred to me to look at those stats. But dean knew his. Kinda tells you what type of person dean is, huh?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I have looked at it, Dean has to have the worst percentage of likes per post than any other poster on this forum. Isn't that ironic?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I have looked at it, Dean has to have the worst percentage of likes per post than any other poster on this forum. Isn't that ironic?

I looked at it but never cared. I don't think a lot of people who think like me bother with the thumbs up or trophy. I think if they did, Dean would be way way back.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wow. that is an insane post.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove me wrong. Say it.

you have no idea about situation. Why bother. Did I place blame on KC for Sunday? No. Im simply saying your comment about KC making a good pass to Doc is crazy. Doc made arguably the best catch in Redskins history taking into account the difficulty of the catch, SITAUTION, and what it meant for the team.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have no idea about situation. Why bother. Did I place blame on KC for Sunday? No. Im simply saying your comment about KC making a good pass to Doc is crazy. Doc made arguably the best catch in Redskins history taking into account the SITAUTION and what it meant for the team.
Blame for what? We won. You just can’t be fair, can you. KC led the team to a win with a last drive score. Period. Doctson made a great catch. The defense played their best game of the year. All 3 can happen in the same game. But if we would have lost there is no doubt you would have blamed KC. No doubt.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have no idea about situation. Why bother. Did I place blame on KC for Sunday? No. Im simply saying your comment about KC making a good pass to Doc is crazy. Doc made arguably the best catch in Redskins history taking into account the difficulty of the catch, SITAUTION, and what it meant for the team.

Dean, its simple, all some people are asking for is one little statement.

Kirk LEAD the team to the game winning drive. The thing is, you almost make it seems painful to give Kirk any credit beyond the ability to breath with his mouth closed. You make it seem as if Doctson actually catching that ball was some super human feat the likes of which the Xmen would be in awe. But the fact is, we burned a first rounder on him because we EXPECTED him to make those kinds of catches.