• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So we are a .500 team again

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry, I get the feeling you are hoping the skins blow the team up this year so you'll have a replacement for ben. When he retires you just might find you're team to be mediocre. Once they miss on bens replacement it all goes down hill from there dude

The Steelers already have a replacement. Joshua Dobbs. We drafted him this year. I'm just looking for some honesty from Skins fans. I find it very hard to believe that you, as a whole, are happy with the way this team, defense and offense, is playing this year. The difference between Steelers fans and Redskins fans is that I know what my team is and what it isn't. You don't. You're content with being a .500 team with a "improving" defense that has the same defensive per game statistics from last year.

I know that when Big Ben retires, the Steelers will go through a severe recession. Joshua Dobbs won't have enough time to learn from Ben and Landry Jones just, for some reason, can't understand how to play decent football. We probably won't make the playoffs for a while. But I know that and I can admit that. Skins fans are either delusional about their own team or are afraid to admit the fact that the Redskins are not a good team and have been the same teams for the last 3 years.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs now that is some funny shit

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobbs now that is some funny shit

Steelers fans are able to admit that this consistent winning that we've been on over the last 12-13 years is coming to an end once Big Ben retires. Redskins fans praise a bottom 10 defense for improving on last year. Come on now. At least Steelers fans aren't delusional about our team. We know what they are, we know what they will be. Skins fans act like they do but they have no clue. You praise Doctson because he's got 3 TDs but fail to see that he's only catching 50% of his targets. You praise your defense because they are keeping you in games yet you're 4-4 and have the same per game stats for sacks, INTs and PPG. It literally doesn't make sense. Only explanation is that you guys are delusional about your own team. Now, like I've said twice already, if you are okay with that as your team, there's NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. But OWN it.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers fans are able to admit that this consistent winning that we've been on over the last 12-13 years is coming to an end once Big Ben retires. Redskins fans praise a bottom 10 defense for improving on last year. Come on now. At least Steelers fans aren't delusional about our team. We know what they are, we know what they will be. Skins fans act like they do but they have no clue. You praise Doctson because he's got 3 TDs but fail to see that he's only catching 50% of his targets. You praise your defense because they are keeping you in games yet you're 4-4 and have the same per game stats for sacks, INTs and PPG. It literally doesn't make sense. Only explanation is that you guys are delusional about your own team. Now, like I've said twice already, if you are okay with that as your team, there's NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. But OWN it.

No the deal is we see improvement with the defense and hope the young receiver gets better. You've got to start somewhere.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said anything about being happy. When all is said and done this season there is only one truly happy team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are either okay with being average or you're a moron. Not you personally, but in a general sense. If you say you are happy with the Manusky hire while your defense is 24th in the league and 16th against the run and pass, then you are okay with mediocrity because that's where the Skins defense is right now. That's where the team is right now. It's an average team with an average record. There is nothing wrong with that if you are happy and okay with that, just own it. And there are tough games against against big offensive teams in Minnesota and New Orleans. Big tests these next 2 weeks for the Skins defense.
i am ok with not being historically bad as we have been . i am not caring a great deal about yds given up

we are building , a work in progress , our defense has had some major injuries so yeah i think we are doing ok

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the deal is we see improvement with the defense and hope the young receiver gets better. You've got to start somewhere.

Where are these improvements you're seeing??

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all. don't put words in my mouth.
Well if the defense is keeping them in these games, the offense is lacking apparently because if the offense would score more, the defense wouldn't have to keep them in the game, right?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am ok with not being historically bad as we have been . i am not caring a great deal about yds given up

we are building , a work in progress , our defense has had some major injuries so yeah i think we are doing ok

How many years is that gonna take? Rams and Eagles have figured it out sooner than the Skins have. How come these teams can do it but the Skins can't? Is it personnel or is it front office?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years is that gonna take? Rams and Eagles have figured it out sooner than the Skins have. How come these teams can do it but the Skins can't? Is it personnel or is it front office?

I'd say its the front office. Its one thing to have an owner who doesn't know much about football, but hires competent people who do know a lot about football. Snyder though didn't know football, but got involved, too involved, in player personnel decisions and what happens between the white lines.

I'm not sure I can emphasize just how bad Daniel Snyder has been for the Redskins. And make no mistake, the Redskins were bad before Snyder took over, but he elevated us to a level of bad, embarrassing and clueless. I thought and still do think Joe Gibbs was on the verge of righting the ship back in 2005, but he, I dunno what he did, but he tripped out on a few levels. I than thought the magic had been re-discovered when Todd Collins took over at QB after Jason Campbell got hurt in 2007. But I think after that season was over and due to things beyond his control, Campbell being injured for instance. Gibbs realized he wasn't cut out for the total control (to be both GM and HC) that he demanded before signing to his 2nd tenure as Skins HC.

You have a point though. At present we're not a real good team. We've gotten some better players of late (Allen,. Brown) but we also let some good players go (Garcon n Jackson) Letting both Jackson and Garcon go was a bad mistake that I don't think anyone who frequents this board saw coming.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares ?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who cares ?

Redskins fans like you should care. Seeing teams that WERE worse than you last year being able to improve their teams and be BETTER than you this year, that should eat you up. Especially when one of those teams is in your division and BOTH of those teams are in your conference.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction - we're now a .444 team.