• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So we are a .500 team again

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can realize that you aren’t a complete team and still not be happy with a defense that’s one of the worst in the league.

Terry our defense is keeping us in games and is almost responsible for all of our 4 wins. I don't want to hear the stats bullshit.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I got to be a bit more explicit with my comments.

Am I pleased with the over all STATS of the defense? No.

As for the effort IM seeing, and the actual IMprovement Im seeing from a coaching and effort stand point. Damn right I like what Im seeing. Because Im seeing a coach that aint afraid to go after a QB no matter who that QB is. Aside from the occasional brain fart, Im seeing a defense thats coming together despite lacking premier talent and suffering from injuries left and right.

So compared to the shit show we have had on defense for the past seven or so years, I like the direction we are headed in.

Don’t have to be more explicit, I just don’t understand being okay with mediocrity.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry our defense is keeping us in games and is almost responsible for all of our 4 wins. I don't want to hear the stats bullshit.

Mediocre defense helping you beat mediocre teams. Yippee.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t have to be more explicit, I just don’t understand being okay with mediocrity.

Well average when you have had seven years or horrible is a step in the right direction.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle, Raiders, and Rams are mediocre teams? Interesting.

Seattle and Oakland? Yes. Average teams at best. I’ll give you LA. But Seattle and Oakland are not good teams.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and Oakland? Yes. Average teams at best. I’ll give you LA. But Seattle and Oakland are not good teams.

There are teams that should have winning records at the end of the season. I cant believe you are knocking our defense. They are playing well this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our defense is progressing but in terry rodes world we are "just ok " with avg .

another draft and perhaps we will move up more

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our defense is progressing but in terry rodes world we are "just ok " with avg .

Terry is the "Dean" of the Pittsburgh board. How he ever came up with the reasoning that just because we are happy to see improvement in our Defense from last year to this means that we are OK having a mediocre D is Deanesque at its best.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry is the "Dean" of the Pittsburgh board. How he ever came up with the reasoning that just because we are happy to see improvement in our Defense from last year to this means that we are OK having a mediocre D is Deanesque at its best.

are you serious? what an asshole

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are teams that should have winning records at the end of the season. I cant believe you are knocking our defense. They are playing well this year.

Oakland is not a team that looks like it's guaranteed a winning record and the loss of Sherman in Seattle and the fact that Seattle still has to play Jacksonville, LA, Atlanta, Philly and Dallas, they aren't guaranteed a winning record either. The Skins defense plays well at times and shit at others. There is a reason why they are 24th in the league right now.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are either okay with being average or you're a moron. Not you personally, but in a general sense. If you say you are happy with the Manusky hire while your defense is 24th in the league and 16th against the run and pass, then you are okay with mediocrity because that's where the Skins defense is right now. That's where the team is right now. It's an average team with an average record. There is nothing wrong with that if you are happy and okay with that, just own it. And there are tough games against against big offensive teams in Minnesota and New Orleans. Big tests these next 2 weeks for the Skins defense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland is not a team that looks like it's guaranteed a winning record and the loss of Sherman in Seattle and the fact that Seattle still has to play Jacksonville, LA, Atlanta, Philly and Dallas, they aren't guaranteed a winning record either. The Skins defense plays well at times and shit at others. There is a reason why they are 24th in the league right now.

the defense is carrying this team right now.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where is the improvement? You can have as many sacks as you want and as many INTs as you want but if that doesn't equate to stopping the other team from putting points on the board, sorry but you haven't improved in the right ways. Still allowing 24 ppg like they were last year. It's not "deanesque", its the fucking truth. Allowing the same ppg as last year, 1 win less than this time last year, averaging the same number of sacks and INTs per game. Sorry, this is the same defense as last year. And yes, I'm using stats, the one thing you guys like to ignore, because that's all the fuck that matters when you don't have a significant change in performance when it comes to wins and losses. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with being okay and happy with a .500 team. Just own it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are they carrying them to?

to a 4-4 record. The offense has yet to have a dominant game. Plus the stats you are talking about are flawed. KC INt and Fumble in the Eagles and Cowboys games put 14 points on th board that wasn't the defenses fault. Plus add the Davis fumble against the 49ers that never should of happened. They are better than the stats dictate. Did you watch the Seattle game? Raiders game?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to a 4-4 record. The offense has yet to have a dominant game. Plus the stats you are talking about are flawed. KC INt and Fumble in the Eagles and Cowboys games put 14 points on th board that wasn't the defenses fault. Plus add the Davis fumble against the 49ers that never should of happened. They are better than the stats dictate. Did you watch the Seattle game? Raiders game?

I did. And did you read what I wrote? I said the defense has looked well at times and not so good in others. But the way some of you are praising this defense, you'd think there would of been a huge decline in points being scored by opposing offenses when compared to last year or that the INTs are just flowing every game unlike last year or that the sack numbers were astronomically higher against last year. But there aren't. The defense is literally averaging the same sacks, ints and points per game when compared to last year. So I'm sorry but being a more fundamentally sound defense only gets you so far because is you don't have the stats or at least the record to back it up, there have been no improvements.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. And did you read what I wrote? I said the defense has looked well at times and not so good in others. But the way some of you are praising this defense, you'd think there would of been a huge decline in points being scored by opposing offenses when compared to last year or that the INTs are just flowing every game unlike last year or that the sack numbers were astronomically higher against last year. But there aren't. The defense is literally averaging the same sacks, ints and points per game when compared to last year. So I'm sorry but being a more fundamentally sound defense only gets you so far because is you don't have the stats or at least the record to back it up, there have been no improvements.

Im not saying we are the best in the league but they are stepping up this year. Keeping us in basically every game.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying we are the best in the league but they are stepping up this year. Keeping us in basically every game.

So you're saying that the offense sucks then?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry, I get the feeling you are hoping the skins blow the team up this year so you'll have a replacement for ben. When he retires you just might find you're team to be mediocre. Once they miss on bens replacement it all goes down hill from there dude