• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So we are a .500 team again

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he can be. Why cant I critique him after games? That play was all Doc. I evaluate KC on a game by game basis.

Can be means he is not currently. So Shark, he admits he does not see KC as a franchise QB.

Feel free to critique him. We will critique your ultra biased, and usually incorrect, opinion.

That is right. Josh Doctson threw the ball, blocked the pass rushers to make the pass possible, and then caught the ball. HOF in a single play.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.redskins.com/videos/HIGH...Yard_Run/0da44574-32a9-4dbe-9617-838e5e59b5a2

This is the Brian Quick reception. It was a perfect pass. Notice KC can't set up and has to loft it without stepping into it. Had he thrown it inside, Kam Chancellor would have broke it up.

OMG. Just saw this play on an ESPN NFL show. However this time they showed it from the backfield & QBs perspective. The play was nothing short of spectacular from Cousins. As GKE mentioned KC could not step up & had a D lineman in his face who threw him to the ground. Louis Riddick & others were giving huge praise to Cousins for that play.

Dean - you are minimizing how good Cousins has been without most of his OL & several of his weapons. You just focus on the negative for KC which is a joke.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG. Just saw this play on an ESPN NFL show. However this time they showed it from the backfield & QBs perspective. The play was nothing short of spectacular from Cousins. As GKE mentioned KC could not step up & had a D lineman in his face who threw him to the ground. Louis Riddick & others were giving huge praise to Cousins for that play.

Dean - you are minimizing how good Cousins has been without most of his OL & several of his weapons. You just focus on the negative for KC which is a joke.

the throw to Quick he had lineman in his face. It was a great play. The throw to Doc. I don't think he was rushed. he had a decent pocket. Im not minimizing Kc. This board is minimizing Doc for that play he made.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the throw to Quick he had lineman in his face. It was a great play. The throw to Doc. I don't think he was rushed. he had a decent pocket. Im not minimizing Kc. This board is minimizing Doc for that play he made.
Nobody is minimizing Doc. Everyone said it was a great catch. But its also a catch that one would expect a 1st round WR to make. Just like one would expect a franchise QB to make that throw, which KC did. They both can make a good play on the same play, and did.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is minimizing Doc. Everyone said it was a great catch. But its also a catch that one would expect a 1st round WR to make. Just like one would expect a franchise QB to make that throw, which KC did. They both can make a good play on the same play, and did.

so any 1st round Wr is expected to make that catch? Interesting.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, yeah. He could get two hands on it. Actually, I would expect any NFL receiver to make that catch.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn straight. You dont draft a WR in the first round if the only time he is useful to you is if he is wide open, the ball is thrown perfectly over his back shoulder, and no DB is trying to make a play on it.

Yes a first round WR expected to be able to make that catch. Just as a franchise QB is expected to make that throw. Now I guess we got lucky that our franchise WR was there to make the play.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight. You dont draft a WR in the first round if the only time he is useful to you is if he is wide open, the ball is thrown perfectly over his back shoulder, and no DB is trying to make a play on it.

Yes a first round WR expected to be able to make that catch. Just as a franchise QB is expected to make that throw. Now I guess we got lucky that our franchise WR was there to make the play.
I agree. While it was a great catch, it was by no means a once in a lifetime catch. In some ways, the Quick catch the play before may have been more difficult in that he had to turn completely around and pick up the ball again a nanosecond before it got to him. That is no easy feat. And I would expect that any NFL receiver could make that catch also. These guys are pros. I expect if they can get their hands on the ball uncontested, they should always make the catch.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, yeah. He could get two hands on it. Actually, I would expect any NFL receiver to make that catch.

that is proof right there that you think that was an ordinary catch. So that minimizes Docs great play in your opnion.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

another knock on Doc. what else is new.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is proof right there that you think that was an ordinary catch. So that minimizes Docs great play in your opnion.
What is it about my statement "Doc's catch was a great catch" that you don't understand, Einstein?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it about my statement "Doc's catch was a great catch" that you don't understand, Einstein?

you said any 1st round WR Einstein. That's very debatable.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is looking to move the goal posts again . you cant say both made good plays , its one made it but one didnt in his echo chamber filled with KC hate , (which he denies but we all know is fake )

the fact is this team is the browns or giants , or colts with KC under center

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is looking to move the goal posts again . you cant say both made good plays , its one made it but one didnt in his echo chamber filled with KC hate , (which he denies but we all know is fake )

the fact is this team is the browns or giants , or colts with KC under center

of course all you say is hate. Doc makes one of the best catches in history but the QB gets credit on that play. par for the course for the KC cant do no wrong crew. KC is playing good this year. I never denied that.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course all you say is hate. Doc makes one of the best catches in history but the QB gets credit on that play. par for the course for the KC cant do no wrong crew. KC is playing good this year. I never denied that.
In history??? Exaggerate much?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that catch isnt even close to best in history mr melodramatic . the qb doesnt get full credit for the play ding bat both get credit

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I got low expectations. I lived through the 2013/2014 seasons where we had a shitty defense AND a Shit show at QB.

But then again my original question (which you quoted I might add) was

What do we need going forward. As in hinting that I realize we are no where near a complete team yet.

@Sportster 72 Damn it man, you were supposed to remind me to take the Richard hat off.

You can realize that you aren’t a complete team and still not be happy with a defense that’s one of the worst in the league.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that catch isnt even close to best in history mr melodramatic . the qb doesnt get full credit for the play ding bat both get credit

Give me another example.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can realize that you aren’t a complete team and still not be happy with a defense that’s one of the worst in the league.

I guess I got to be a bit more explicit with my comments.

Am I pleased with the over all STATS of the defense? No.

As for the effort IM seeing, and the actual IMprovement Im seeing from a coaching and effort stand point. Damn right I like what Im seeing. Because Im seeing a coach that aint afraid to go after a QB no matter who that QB is. Aside from the occasional brain fart, Im seeing a defense thats coming together despite lacking premier talent and suffering from injuries left and right.

So compared to the shit show we have had on defense for the past seven or so years, I like the direction we are headed in.