• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So the PAC 12 has no shot at the Playoff.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't. Look at the remaining games. There's no way they can get 11 teams bowl eligible. They'll have several teams at 6-6. They will be fortunate to have 2 teams reach 10 wins. This conference is the definition of mediocrity.

"Conference balance" = lack of top-end teams. The success against other conferences, as I pointed out, is shit. They have one OOC P5 win against a team above .500.

You really need to do some further digging.

There is a way for them to get 11 bowl eligible.

Utah is currently 5-5 with 2 games remaining. Colo is 5-6 with 1 game remaining.
If Utah can upset Washington and then the next week Colo beats Utah, bot would get
in.

Pac12 currently has 5 teams in and 6 with 5 wins. Colo is listed in 2 categories...5 wins
and 6 losses. Only 1 Pac12 team is eliminated at the moment. (Oreg St).

UCLA has 5 wins, Cal has 5 wins, Oregon has 5 wins and Ariz St has 5 wins.

Now I did as I was instructed. I always obey. I did some digging.

The Big10...just who in the hell have you people beaten. Currently only 2 teams that
have winning records, from the other P5 teams and 1 of those (Virginia) will finish 6-6.
(They close with Miami and VPI)

The Big 10 has 7 teams already bowl eligible, but only 1 team with 5 wins. (Minnesota)
and they close with a road game at Northwestern and a home game vs Whisky.
Big10 has 1 team already eliminated and 5 others with 6 losses. You guys are gonna have
7 eliminated from bowl eligibility.

You wish you had what the Pac12 has.

Now for the top teams in your league everyone of them that has played another P5 ooc game
against a team with a winning record has gotten their ass beat, with the exception of Iowa over
Iowa St. Mich St trampled by ND. Ohio St, whipped at home by OU.
Penn St did beat 4-6 Pitt and Mich beat 3-6 Florida. Hardly signature wins.

And then their is your league's only hope. Unbeaten Wisconsin that has play ZERO ooc games vs
teams from another Power 5 league. That's why, if they lose they are out. Even now in the 12th week
they are one of only 3 unbeaten Power 5 teams in the country and 2 1-loss teams rank above them.

Plus two of your other "top" teams are ranked 9th and 10th. Nobody has any use for the Big10
and its yearly charade.

The folks in the ACC, Pc12 and Big12 do thank you for leaving2 bowl slots open, we'll fill them
nicely.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma's win over Ohio State already puts the Big 12's OOC accomplishments ahead of the Pac 12.

The Pac 12 just isn't playing good football this year. There's a reason USC is their top team and they're basically out of it. The other 4 major conferences will at least feature title games with at least one top 5 team, several with two top 10 teams (ACC, SEC, likely the B1G). The Pac 12 will be fortunate to have even one top 10 team. No team from the north will be sniffing the top 10 before the CCGs. It's just a major down year for the conference. That will help them in bowl season though, as missing out on the CFP will help them slot down a notch in regards to opponents in their bowl games.

I get that, but if there's one P5 conference that has achieved the least OOC this year it's probably the B1G. And USC is probably only out of it because they lost to Notre Dame this season, and therefore, if both finish with 2 losses, ND would likely have the advantage. It's going to be hard to jump them with the same number of losses. Also, the Pac 12 schedules more aggressively OOC than any other P5 conference, which has hurt the league this season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a way for them to get 11 bowl eligible.

Utah is currently 5-5 with 2 games remaining. Colo is 5-6 with 1 game remaining.
If Utah can upset Washington and then the next week Colo beats Utah, bot would get
in.

Pac12 currently has 5 teams in and 6 with 5 wins. Colo is listed in 2 categories...5 wins
and 6 losses. Only 1 Pac12 team is eliminated at the moment. (Oreg St).

UCLA has 5 wins, Cal has 5 wins, Oregon has 5 wins and Ariz St has 5 wins.

Now I did as I was instructed. I always obey. I did some digging.

The Big10...just who in the hell have you people beaten. Currently only 2 teams that
have winning records, from the other P5 teams and 1 of those (Virginia) will finish 6-6.
(They close with Miami and VPI)

The Big 10 has 7 teams already bowl eligible, but only 1 team with 5 wins. (Minnesota)
and they close with a road game at Northwestern and a home game vs Whisky.
Big10 has 1 team already eliminated and 5 others with 6 losses. You guys are gonna have
7 eliminated from bowl eligibility.

You wish you had what the Pac12 has.

Now for the top teams in your league everyone of them that has played another P5 ooc game
against a team with a winning record has gotten their ass beat, with the exception of Iowa over
Iowa St. Mich St trampled by ND. Ohio St, whipped at home by OU.
Penn St did beat 4-6 Pitt and Mich beat 3-6 Florida. Hardly signature wins.

And then their is your league's only hope. Unbeaten Wisconsin that has play ZERO ooc games vs
teams from another Power 5 league. That's why, if they lose they are out. Even now in the 12th week
they are one of only 3 unbeaten Power 5 teams in the country and 2 1-loss teams rank above them.

Plus two of your other "top" teams are ranked 9th and 10th. Nobody has any use for the Big10
and its yearly charade.

The folks in the ACC, Pc12 and Big12 do thank you for leaving2 bowl slots open, we'll fill them
nicely.
My mistake. Basically if all the "top" teams in your conference get upset, then they can have 11 bowl eligible teams. Wow, what conference strength you've got there.

No, I do not wish I had what the Big 12 has. In fact, there is literally nothing at all about that conference that the B1G wishes it had. Honestly, not a single, solitary thing.

We'll have several teams miss bowls. Know why? Our top teams know how to handle their business, unlike the Pac 12 where the shitty teams look better because the top teams simply aren't that good.

And no, Wisconsin is not the only hope. It's very likely Ohio State is in the playoff if they win out.

I laugh as you rip on the B1G, yet we have 3 teams ranked ahead of the top Pac12 team. Know why? Because even the committee knows that conference is nothing but mediocre fluff.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but if there's one P5 conference that has achieved the least OOC this year it's probably the B1G. And USC is probably only out of it because they lost to Notre Dame this season, and therefore, if both finish with 2 losses, ND would likely have the advantage. It's going to be hard to jump them with the same number of losses. Also, the Pac 12 schedules more aggressively OOC than any other P5 conference, which has hurt the league this season.
If you say so. I guess the B1G should cancel all of their upcoming big OOC matchups and just schedule a bunch of below average P5 teams so we can boast about having a good record against P5 teams, too.

USC is out because they haven't played good football for the majority of the year. Case in point - efficiency rankings. They aren't even top 20 on either offense or defense, and this is the best team in the Pac 12.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so. I guess the B1G should cancel all of their upcoming big OOC matchups and just schedule a bunch of below average P5 teams so we can boast about having a good record against P5 teams, too.

USC is out because they haven't played good football for the majority of the year. Case in point - efficiency rankings. They aren't even top 20 on either offense or defense, and this is the best team in the Pac 12.

The B1G schedules are fine. But let's not act as if the B1G has done anything of significance OOC this season. I do think the B1G's top tier teams are fortunate that the half the league is bad.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. Basically if all the "top" teams in your conference get upset, then they can have 11 bowl eligible teams. Wow, what conference strength you've got there.

No, I do not wish I had what the Big 12 has. In fact, there is literally nothing at all about that conference that the B1G wishes it had. Honestly, not a single, solitary thing.

We'll have several teams miss bowls. Know why? Our top teams know how to handle their business, unlike the Pac 12 where the shitty teams look better because the top teams simply aren't that good.

And no, Wisconsin is not the only hope. It's very likely Ohio State is in the playoff if they win out.

I laugh as you rip on the B1G, yet we have 3 teams ranked ahead of the top Pac12 team. Know why? Because even the committee knows that conference is nothing but mediocre fluff.

Yes...and there are 6 teams from 3 other leagues and Notre Dame ranked above those Big10
squads. The committee understands a good charade also.

There is no path for Ohio State. None. There is a path for Georgia, Auburn, Notre Dame and a path
for Bama if they lose in their CCG, but none for Ohio State.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G schedules are fine. But let's not act as if the B1G has done anything of significance OOC this season. I do think the B1G's top tier teams are fortunate that the half the league is bad.
I don't see OSU's record being any different if you swapped Maryland, Rutgers, and Indiana with Arizona State, Colorado, and Oregon State.

The B1G didn't do much of significance OOC, you're right. But let's also not act as if the Pac12 beating 6 average to awful teams OOC means they're being disrespected.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...and there are 6 teams from 3 other leagues and Notre Dame ranked above those Big10
squads. The committee understands a good charade also.

There is no path for Ohio State. None. There is a path for Georgia, Auburn, Notre Dame and a path
for Bama if they lose in their CCG, but none for Ohio State.
LOL, you're very wrong. Very, very wrong. But it's OK.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of confused with a Ohio State fan bashing the Pac 12 conference, getting curb stomped by a team that couldn't win a G5 conference kind of disqualifies you from bashing anybody doesn't it?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac12 is done. So is the Big10 if Whisky loses.

You can see it in the rankings. No path for either league. ND finished SC and that
finished the league.

Agreed. ND ended anything for the Pac. I don't think the committee is interested in SC winning the weakest division in the country and then winning the weakest conference in the country. Had SC beat ND or was at least competitive, they might be singing a different tune. Shit, SC is an ass hair away from 4 losses as it is (Utah, texas)......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of confused with a Ohio State fan bashing the Pac 12 conference, getting curb stomped by a team that couldn't win a G5 conference kind of disqualifies you from bashing anybody doesn't it?

That's b/c that certain tOSU fan is as delusional as they come......

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see OSU's record being any different if you swapped Maryland, Rutgers, and Indiana with Arizona State, Colorado, and Oregon State.

The B1G didn't do much of significance OOC, you're right. But let's also not act as if the Pac12 beating 6 average to awful teams OOC means they're being disrespected.

Well they do have a ranked win OOC, something the B1G doesn't have. The B1G is the only P5 conference not to currently have a ranked win against an OOC opponent.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they do have a ranked win OOC, something the B1G doesn't have. The B1G is the only P5 conference not to currently have a ranked win against an OOC opponent.
Ah right, Boise. The same team who was murdered by Virginia, a team the OP was making fun of as one of our OOC wins.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah right, Boise. The same team who was murdered by Virginia, a team the OP was making fun of as one of our OOC wins.

75% of the teams with a loss in the top 25 have been murdered. Point is they are still ranked.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
75% of the teams with a loss in the top 25 have been murdered. Point is they are still ranked.
What point?

Indiana beat Virginia by 17.
Washington State beat Boise by 3.
Virginia beat Boise by 19.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What point?

Indiana beat Virginia by 17.
Washington State beat Boise by 3.
Virginia beat Boise by 19.

The point the Pac 12 has an OOC win versus a ranked team and the B1G doesn't. That's my point.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point the Pac 12 has an OOC win versus a ranked team and the B1G doesn't. That's my point.
There's the problem in investing in the back end of the rankings. Doesn't mean anything when comparing the two. Clearly the better team between those two was beaten by a B1G team, but they also play in a real conference so they don't get to go 8-2 feasting on shit teams in the MWC.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's the problem in investing in the back end of the rankings. Doesn't mean anything when comparing the two. Clearly the better team between those two was beaten by a B1G team, but they also play in a real conference so they don't get to go 8-2 feasting on shit teams in the MWC.

I'm comparing ranked wins OOC between the B1G and Pac 12. The Pac 12 has 1 and the B1G has 0.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm comparing ranked wins OOC between the B1G and Pac 12. The Pac 12 has 1 and the B1G has 0.
And the B1G has an OOC win better than the Pac 12's. By 19 points.