• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So much for the Committee not counting “quality losses”

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although, in your alternative universe, Ohio State would need to have not gotten smoked by the Iowa team that Wisconsin beat handily.
He's saying that the committee values TV sets more than anything ... hence the reason Ohio St. went to the CFP and not PSU. Wiscy doesn't carry the same weight as Michigan and Ohio St. ... that's just how it is. Washington fans know this because we get to see the media suck USC's dick every year during the offseason ... because USC is a big draw in TV land ... and it's TV sponsors that pay the bills.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU also has two P5 wins OOC....which is the exact same number of wins as all the ranked B1G teams COMBINED.

Every good thing you say about the B1G involves beating other B1G teams...because outside of the B1G the biggest thing any of your ranked teams has done is beat a 5-7 Pitt team.

Yet, somehow LSU is shitty and the B1G has 5 ranked teams.

and the only answer any of you have to this is BUT TROY.
To be fair, that’s a pretty fucking good answer. It’s Troy... from the Sun Belt Conference.

And LSU does not have two P5 wins OOC, unless you are counting BYU. They beat a 4 win Syracuse team by 9 points at home. BYU was also at home.

Their ONE P5 OOC win (over 4-8 Syracuse) just makes up for the fact that the SEC plays 8 conference games instead of 9 like everyone else. That’s just another Rutgers or Illinois on the schedule.

Are you seriously pimping LSU’s OOC schedule?? Wisconsin had a stronger OOC than LSU.

@BYU > BYU
FAU > Troy
Utah State > Chattanooga

Last edited:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that’s a pretty fucking good answer. It’s Troy... from the Sun Belt Conference.

And LSU does not have two P5 wins OOC, unless you are counting BYU. They beat a 4 win Syracuse team by 9 points at home.
BYU counts as a P5 opponent according to the B1G and SEC.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are they ahead of Oklahoma? Wins over OSU and TCU (and Okie Lite) aren’t that far off from Auburn’s best wins, and they’ve only got one loss.

I get that Auburn has quality wins. But they’ve basically played 4 good teams, and won 50% of the time.
Yawn.
They positioned Auburn so there wouldn't be a re-match against Clemson in the first round and made it where UGA got enough juice to put them in the top 4 if they beat Auburn. Nothing more and nothing less.

Now reach around and pull those panties out of your butt before they get too rank.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And LSU does not have two P5 wins OOC, unless you are counting BY

U. They beat a 4 win Syracuse team by 9 points at home. BYU was also at home.

Their ONE P5 OOC win (over 4-8 Syracuse) just makes up for the fact that the SEC plays 8 conference games instead of 9 like everyone else. That’s just another Rutgers or Illinois on the schedule.

Are you seriously pimping LSU’s OOC schedule?? Wisconsin had a stronger OOC than LSU.

@BYU > BYU
FAU > Troy
Utah State > Chattanooga

LOL get fucked

BYU is shit regardless of where you play them this year, but both conferences claim them as a P5 independent....which is a good thing for the B1G, because otherwise your ranked teams would have 1 P5 win OOC.

Syracuse beat Clemson, who the fuck did Rutgers or Illinois beat.

Syracuse is an equal OOC win to Pitt, which is the literally the only OOC win over a Power 5 team that any of your 5 ranked teams(LOL) has to write home about.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Quality losses” are the only possible way to put Auburn higher than 4th.

The committee weighs 3 things higher than anything else:

• Quality Wins
  • Conference Strength
  • Conference Title
Further down the line they look at things like:
  • Bad losses while at full strength
  • Fluke losses or losses with key injuries
Auburn is up there because they've beaten the #1 team 2x this year already and one of their 2 losses comes from the current #1 team. I have no problem with them being there.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the 4 best teams are in the top 4, I don't care about the order. It's funny that of the 4 that are in right now, One lost AT HOME to IOWA ST and one lost to SYRACUSE!

The world must be off it's axis to allow those 2 teams to be considered top 4.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the 4 best teams are in the top 4, I don't care about the order. It's funny that of the 4 that are in right now, One lost AT HOME to IOWA ST and one lost to SYRACUSE!

The world must be off it's axis to allow those 2 teams to be considered top 4.

It's silly to get all worked up about the committee rankings prior to the end of conference championship weekend, yet every year a lot of people do.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL get fucked

BYU is shit regardless of where you play them this year, but both conferences claim them as a P5 independent....which is a good thing for the B1G, because otherwise your ranked teams would have 1 P5 win OOC.

Syracuse beat Clemson, who the fuck did Rutgers or Illinois beat.

Syracuse is an equal OOC win to Pitt, which is the literally the only OOC win over a Power 5 team that any of your 5 ranked teams(LOL) has to write home about.
I’m not counting Syracuse. If you don’t like it, play a 9 game conference schedule. Chattanooga shouldn’t even count as a win.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not counting Syracuse. If you don’t like it, play a 9 game conference schedule. Chattanooga shouldn’t even count as a win.

LOL, Chattanooga would be a 2 touchdown favorite over Illinois.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's silly to get all worked up about the committee rankings prior to the end of conference championship weekend, yet every year a lot of people do.

That's wasn't my point. My point was 2 of the teams in the current final 4 each have a loss that's about as bad as it can get.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what, is the committee supposed to ignore all losses or something?

Are they supposed to not see the difference in losing to the #1 team and getting blown out by an unranked team?

Seriously?

It's not the committee that's fucked up, it's the stupid shit some of you ask for that is.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what, is the committee supposed to ignore all losses or something?

Are they supposed to not see the difference in losing to the #1 team and getting blown out by an unranked team?

Seriously?

It's not the committee that's fucked up, it's the stupid shit some of you ask for that is.
If Auburn and Oklahoma had the same number of losses, then I would agree that the caliber of teams they lost to would be relevant.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State or Michigan would be ranked #1 right now if they had the same exact schedule that Wisconsin has and were undefeated.

FACT

That's what makes the committee a joke.

This guy is a football Einstein.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Auburn and Oklahoma had the same number of losses, then I would agree that the caliber of teams they lost to would be relevant.

Auburn has played the #1 schedule as of this week in all of college football.

lost to #1 Clemson in a close game.
beat #5 Alabama
beat #6 Georgia
lost to #17 LSU by 3 pts
beat #24 Miss St

That's 3 higher ranked teams than Oklahoma even played.

Oklahoma:
Beat #8 Ohio St
Beat #10 TCU
Beat #18 Oklahoma St
Loss to unranked 7-5 Iowa St by a TD

While Auburn has 2 losses, 1 of them is to the #1 team. That does not punish Auburn much at all, and it shouldn't. That leaves an Auburn team that lost to LSU and shouldn't have vs an Oklahoma team that lost to Iowa St and sholdn't have.

Then you have Auburn with better wins. So I also ranked Auburn #2 over #3 Oklahoma and Clemson is #1 with a win over #2. The order the committee gave is 100% correct in my opinion.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are you, Donald Trump? You can’t just make things up and say them as if they’re facts.

LOL, that might be a stretch, but not as big as pretending Illinois wouldn't lose to any decent G5 team. Shit they barely beat Ball State and they are winless in the MAC, their best win(only other win) is a 6-6 conference USA team.

But you go on with your bad self and don't count Syracuse.

LOL, that's the kind of shit you need to do when your best OOC win is a 4-7 BYU team.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's wasn't my point. My point was 2 of the teams in the current final 4 each have a loss that's about as bad as it can get.

Iowa St isn't 1/2 bad this year. They beat both TCU and OU.

The committee values quality wins FAR more than 1-off losses. OU has wins over Ohio State, Oklahoma St, and TCU. That far outweighs their loss to ISU which can be attributed as an outlier.

Same story for Clemson who beat Auburn and handled the rest of their schedule relatively easily...far outweighing the weird loss to 'Cuse.

Auburn has 2 losses, one of which is to the current #1. They also have 2 wins vs former #1 teams.

Wisconsin is unbeaten but has played a garbage schedule, so they're relatively unproven.

Alabama's only loss is to highly ranked Auburn, but the rest of their schedule is putrid, which is why they're behind the others.

At the moment, I think the rankings are fair.