• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is Herman starting to prod Stoops yet?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown used to beat us in recruiting pretty much every year
Meh...Mackey boy's recruiting looked good only on paper. OU's turned out to be much better. Matckey boy's last batches turned out to be all hat, no cattle. A bunch of softies that didn't want to get sweaty and dirty for the most part.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...Mackey boy's recruiting looked good only on paper. OU's turned out to be much better. Matckey boy's last batches turned out to be all hat, no cattle. A bunch of softies that didn't want to get sweaty and dirty for the most part.

That is the hope. Supposedly an OU coach called Herman and said that Houston was the most physical team they played all year. It would be nice to a physical Texas team.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have claimed for years that football is 40% recruiting, 40% coaching and 20% the individual players' willingness to do whatever it takes to be the absolute best they can be. That formula explains how coaches like Bill Snyder are deadly against teams supposedly much better on paper. It also explains how a team like Oklahoma can manage to fuck up at least one game every year when at least one of the ingredients creates a glaring weakness. And look at Texas. When the coaching ability or the talent level or the players' attitudes don't come up to UT standards, they suffer tremendously. It's the same everywhere. If you put all three ingredients together at the right time and all three reach a high level at the same time, then any school can have an elite season.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I care about that? Coach is gone. I am not going to make excuses about it. I would rather talk about the current coach.

I don't blame you.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if Herman can get it done at Texas, but he sure did beat the crap out of OU at Houston.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have claimed for years that football is 40% recruiting, 40% coaching and 20% the individual players' willingness to do whatever it takes to be the absolute best they can be. That formula explains how coaches like Bill Snyder are deadly against teams supposedly much better on paper. It also explains how a team like Oklahoma can manage to fuck up at least one game every year when at least one of the ingredients creates a glaring weakness. And look at Texas. When the coaching ability or the talent level or the players' attitudes don't come up to UT standards, they suffer tremendously. It's the same everywhere. If you put all three ingredients together at the right time and all three reach a high level at the same time, then any school can have an elite season.
I agree...to a certain point. I'm not sure places like Bill Snyder's K-State teams can get to CFP on a consistent basis even with good coaching and good player attitudes. They'll always be competitive because of those two factors but they are constantly fighting with one hand tied behind their back due to the talent discrepancies. They may catch lightening in a bottle and the stars align just right on certain years, but it is an uphill battle year in and year out from a talent standpoint. Baylor was only able to get a couple of CCs through the combination of shady means, OU being down a little and Texas being a dumpster fire during that time.

Let's face it, only a few teams from every conference have a realistic chance for the CFP on an annual basis. And then only if they meet the criteria you listed above.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This underhanded stall and bolt tactic will get you on Bob's shitlist.

You don't want to be on Bob's shitlist.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I am curious about with Herman is if he will be able to be consistent. Yeah, Houston did beat OU but they then went on lose to Memphis, SMU, San Diego and Navy. He didn't go undefeated in the American conference. But had some big victories against OU and FSU.

Strong had some great credentials before coming to Texas but overall they were against lesser quality opponents. At that time Louisville was in the Big East. Just curious on what it will be like having to step up the level of competition week in and week out.

First and foremost, he has to get past Kansas.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I am curious about with Herman is if he will be able to be consistent. Yeah, Houston did beat OU but they then went on lose to Memphis, SMU, San Diego and Navy. He didn't go undefeated in the American conference. But had some big victories against OU and FSU.

Strong had some great credentials before coming to Texas but overall they were against lesser quality opponents. At that time Louisville was in the Big East. Just curious on what it will be like having to step up the level of competition week in and week out.

First and foremost, he has to get past Kansas.

Herman doesn't have a long track record. His last season at Houston is a bit of mystery. How much did the job search affect the team? He is definitely more involved in the day to day aspects of the job, than Strong. He clearly has a plan and that makes me hopeful. He is doing the right things so far, but a job like Texas has the ability to expose the smallest crack in your abilities

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Stoops has the laissez faire attitude of the fanbase.

Not a single one of you should take losing legacy players to a team that couldn't beat Kansas last year lightly. Especially to a coach that didn't just beat you, he bashed your skulls in. He SMASHED you......with inferior talent.

You SHOULD be concerned. Not necessarily worried.......but if you guys were smarter you'd have figured out Herman has targeted you and so far his plans have worked out. That's not a good thing for OU no matter how you slice it.

Like I said......if he wins 8-9 games next season you guys are in for a WORLD of hurt.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a single one of you should take losing legacy players to a team that couldn't beat Kansas last year lightly. Especially to a coach that didn't just beat you, he bashed your skulls in. He SMASHED you......with inferior talent.

You SHOULD be concerned. Not necessarily worried.......but if you guys were smarter you'd have figured out Herman has targeted you and so far his plans have worked out. That's not a good thing for OU no matter how you slice it.

Like I said......if he wins 8-9 games next season you guys are in for a WORLD of hurt.

Star, EVERY Texas coach targets Oklahoma. It just goes with the rivalry. Herman's beating OU last year was more likely a fluke than a harbinger of things to come if he'd stayed at Houston and played us every year. But now he's at UT and let's see what he's got. I think he'll do well at Texas. Just not sure about the idea that OU needs to be any more worried about this guy than any other coach who has been at Texas with all the built-in advantages your program has. It's gonna be interesting.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Owned your asses since they put up the leather helmets...and we have scoreboard. So put that salve on your pussy Myrtle.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owned your asses since they put up the leather helmets...and we have scoreboard. So put that salve on your pussy Myrtle.

You have CURRENT scoreboard

Texas OWNS the all time record by a decent margin.....

But I guess talking sense to sooner fans only gets you so far......oh well

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star, EVERY Texas coach targets Oklahoma. It just goes with the rivalry. Herman's beating OU last year was more likely a fluke than a harbinger of things to come if he'd stayed at Houston and played us every year. But now he's at UT and let's see what he's got. I think he'll do well at Texas. Just not sure about the idea that OU needs to be any more worried about this guy than any other coach who has been at Texas with all the built-in advantages your program has. It's gonna be interesting.

Not like this. I'll tell you, Mack never made the OU game a priority. Not sold Strong did either. They treated it like any other big game.

Herman? He wants to DESTROY OU. Wants to nuke the campus. It's a different attitude.

I understand your points but I don't think you see the differences here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like this. I'll tell you, Mack never made the OU game a priority. Not sold Strong did either. They treated it like any other big game.

Herman? He wants to DESTROY OU. Wants to nuke the campus. It's a different attitude.

Blah blah blah. Same song different verse from you.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There aren't any differences here. Both schools hate each other. If that stays between the sidelines and in the stands it's good for both schools. But if the hate gets to the point like it was personally between Royal and Switzer it becomes destructive. I'd advise Herman to work hard and keep his mouth shut because if this instantly becomes a Texas death match, I'd bet on Stoops. Why? He's got the stronger program right now and a better chance of laying a beat down on Texas than the other way around. Talk's cheap. I personally think Herman can do really well at Texas. My two concerns (if I was a Horns fan) would be he did Jack Shit in the American Athletic Conference after upsetting Oklahoma and he's got a rep for being a cocky guy. That can wear real thin if he's not a ball of fire from the get-go.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......annnnnd Herman just took a 4 star WR commit from OU

And looking at taking your RB commit as well

yeah but I know, blah blah blah, no worries or concerns here