• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is Herman starting to prod Stoops yet?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you got talent, so says you. Their production was shit.
Conference.
Total offense 7th
Passing 8th
Rushing 5th
Receiving 8th
Scoring 8th
First downs 6th

Usually with talent you can muster some production. Guess Charlie was that bad.

What year are you using?

Texas was 5th in total offense
2nd is rushing offense
8th in passing
6th in passing

This is with mostly underclassmen and a true freshmen at QB. Texas is losing very little production in the passing game. Foreman hurts in the running game. OU is losing over 60% of their recieving yards. 1 player was 37%. So I am trying to figure out why you think it is easier to recruit at Texas based on depth chart.

Last edited:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy for Herman to pull a few. Talent level on the offensive side at UT sucks atm and anyone can start. The pitch goes like this....son you can go to OU and see the field in 2019 or 2020 or you can come to Austin and see it in 2017.

lol your starting QB and star player is a Texas Tech reject.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe "Coach Bro" can get a job at Texas after he gets fired.

He does have an eye for QB talent, Mahomes and Webb are going to get drafted in the 1st two rounds. Coach Bro will end up at SMU or a smaller school like that after this season though.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have an eye for QB talent, Mahomes and Webb are going to get drafted in the 1st two rounds. Coach Bro will end up at SMU or a smaller school like that after this season though.

Are you calling the Chad Morris to A&M and Kliff to SMU?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What year are you using?

Texas was 5th in total offense
2nd is rushing offense
8th in passing
6th in passing

This is with mostly underclassmen and a true freshmen at QB. Texas is losing very little production in the passing game. Foreman hurts in the running game. OU is losing over 60% of their recieving yards. 1 player was 37%. So I am trying to figure out why you think it is easier to recruit at Texas based on depth chart.

8th in passing.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has more WR depth than any other school in the conference. There is no easy road to starting there.

QB has a true sophmore that as a freshman broke nearly every QB record for a freshman ever. No easy start there either.

RB might be easier because the logjam there can't stay healthy.

Basically, if you think it's easier to recruit because you think its easier to play at Texas, you're full of shit and a moron to boot.

Herman is taking recruits RIGHT OUT OF YOUR PROGRAM. Name for me all the coaches nationwide that flipped multiple TOP recruits from Stoops in one offseason, I'll wait.

In fact, name all the coaches that did it coaching for a 5 win team.......

You fools really just refuse to get that this is a different animal than what you've seen before at Texas.......if Herman continues to be successful it's going to be more painful than it should for you because your hubris won't let you see what's coming.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has more WR depth than any other school in the conference. There is no easy road to starting there.

QB has a true sophmore that as a freshman broke nearly every QB record for a freshman ever. No easy start there either.

Basically, if you think it's easier to recruit because you think its easier to play at Texas, you're full of shit and a moron to boot.

Herman is taking recruits RIGHT OUT OF YOUR PROGRAM. Name for me all the coaches nationwide that flipped multiple TOP recruits from Stoops in one offseason, I'll wait.

You fools really just refuse to get that this is a different animal than what you've seen before at Texas.......if Herman continues to be successful it's going to be more painful than it should for you because your hubris won't let you see what's coming.

Takeaways on this:
Blah Blah Blah same song Blah Blah different verse Blah

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It does have a feel of a perfect storm for Texas. I think most people have been expecting a Texas resurrection for a few years now. I'm not sure about depth at WR core but Oklahoma State seems pretty freakin stacked at WR. Cameron Rising and Casey Thompson imo are big misses for OU. Especially Cameron... That dude can throw about as good as anyone.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does have a feel of a perfect storm for Texas. I think most people have been expecting a Texas resurrection for a few years now. I'm not sure about depth at WR core but Oklahoma State seems pretty freakin stacked at WR. Cameron Rising and Casey Thompson imo are big misses for OU. Especially Cameron... That dude can throw about as good as anyone.

All I'm saying is Herman is DIFFERENT. Will this produce better results is anyone's guess.

But he is not like any other coach at Texas in regards to OU. He's making that obvious taking recruit after recruit right out of Stoops hand, and I've NEVER seen this......and neither have any of you. If he takes Brey Walker and TJ Pledger, I think Stoops will have gotten the message that its going to be a war coming.

OU should never lose multiple top rated prospects to any program - not after they've already secured an commitment. If Herman can come in, with no wins in his pocket, and simply take their best QB and RB commit, that's a PROBLEM.

Ignore that at your own peril.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We shall see. I think the passing game makes strides. Texas was running a diluted Baylor system. That system isn't the most complicated to start with, by mid-season people pretty much knew what was coming. Herman is going to help here, but I am not sure when that will kick in. It's a another new system and sometimes the benefits show in week 1 and other times it takes until week 6-8. With new systems on both sides of the ball it will be interesting to see how long it takes the players to operate them efficiently.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to see a lot of things in the sports world through the eyes of a businessman. If we have a competitor with an interesting new product/service who steals a good customer from us, my policy is I don't give a shit what it takes to kill them when they're still a baby. I mean take them out. I'll even fracture our pricing structure if that's what it takes. OU would be wise to do everything in its power to beat the shit out of Herman in any way we can before he can get any real momentum. Run up the score like a real chicken shit, target his recruits even if it means not having a scholarship for someone else you might prefer, etc. would be the thing to do. If, repeat if, Herman ever gets up a head of steam, Texas will be back.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to see a lot of things in the sports world through the eyes of a businessman. If we have a competitor with an interesting new product/service who steals a good customer from us, my policy is I don't give a shit what it takes to kill them when they're still a baby. I mean take them out. I'll even fracture our pricing structure if that's what it takes. OU would be wise to do everything in its power to beat the shit out of Herman in any way we can before he can get any real momentum. Run up the score like a real chicken shit, target his recruits even if it means not having a scholarship for someone else you might prefer, etc. would be the thing to do. If, repeat if, Herman ever gets up a head of steam, Texas will be back.

Frankly, it might do bob some good to have Herman come in and piss him off. I think the lack of and competitiveness from Texas has frankly lulled him to sleep somewhat in the past. Let's face it. The RRSO has been nationally significant for years now. If that's what it takes for Bob to get his edge back then so be it.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So to sum it up, OU needs to start paying better???

Actually, I totally get where you are coming from and agree with your points above. If they don't smack that puppy when he's little, look out.
Edit. Damn, that was a bad Michael Vick reference, but I think you know what I mean.