• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is Herman starting to prod Stoops yet?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn-sexy-black-men-s-premium-t-shirt.jpg

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, I'm done trolling OU fans on here. You people don't respond.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bit of Sooner revisionist history.
I personally was a huge Charlie Strong fan, but he was very debatable in the greater Texas fandom.

Strong was never labelled as a cant-miss homerun. He was probably the 7th or 8th choice in the process.
He was more of a "solid get" to save face after the hiring debacle that made Texas look stupid.

Many Texas boosters were even accused of racism for having their doubts about Strong.
Strong had some lukewarm support from day one. That probably doomed him from the beginning.

The support for Herman seems a lot more universal and closer to 100%. He was the top target all along.

He was debatable because he was black.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost a 2/3 year pine rider to Texas. Umm gratz?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack beat Bob in recruiting more than Bob beat Mack. What's the head to head record in games played?

Charlie squeezed .500 out, respectable.

Hi Tom. Welcome to reality. You get to play us EVERY. FUCKING. YEAR. at a true neutral site location.

Enjoy your stay.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, I'm done trolling OU fans on here. You people don't respond.

I disagree. A couple of them are easy to troll. Then they get pissed and say you like to milk sheep or something stupid like that. Bunch of snowflakes in that lot.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_matvaoNSAx1qhbrnoo1_400.gif

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a bit of Sooner revisionist history.
I personally was a huge Charlie Strong fan, but he was very debatable in the greater Texas fandom.

Strong was never labelled as a cant-miss homerun. He was probably the 7th or 8th choice in the process.
He was more of a "solid get" to save face after the hiring debacle that made Texas look stupid.

Many Texas boosters were even accused of racism for having their doubts about Strong.
Strong had some lukewarm support from day one. That probably doomed him from the beginning.

The support for Herman seems a lot more universal and closer to 100%. He was the top target all along.

If you guys paid Strong that much as an 8th option you must have offered Saban 50 million a year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OU fans really are missing something, maybe they just don't realize it or want to admit it.

Tom Herman is not afraid of OU. He's out to make Bob Stoops life a nightmare. He's proven it on the field with lesser talent. He's not afraid of ANY ranked team, hes undefeated as a coach against ranked teams.

He's coming into Oklahoma, and signing OU LEGACIES. You can ho hum all you want......but he's going after, and taking, your talent RIGHT OUT OF YOUR HAND.

And he has zero wins so far. If he wins 8 or 9 games next year and beats OU, guess what's going to happen?

Tom Herman isn't Mack or Strong. He places a priority on beating OU.

Don't say you weren't warned that the storm is coming. Herman is coming......and he isn't going to let up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah. We heard the same shit repeatedly about Strong not being afraid of Stopps.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKR
Rinse and Repeat

I might be afraid if he hadn't gotten owned by an 8lb sledge hammer. The guy beat Oklahoma when he had all year to game plan for the only game that mattered on his schedule. Then had the perfect storm of cluster fuck happen to Oklahoma combined with some admittedly shitty coaching that game to win that one. Then proceeded to lose to mid major teams.

I'm as unhappy with recruiting the last couple weeks as anyone, but you know what? Brown used to beat us in recruiting pretty much every year and Stoops owned his ass. Let's see what Herman (yet another coach to come into the league with big hype because he knocked off a couple good teams) does for at least a season before rolling out the promises and shit talking, because you know what? I remember a lot of the same shit being said about Strong and Patterson to name two.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas......perhaps you should just focus on getting past Kansas first.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Beaty is coming for you dongnorns. Blee dat.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be afraid if he hadn't gotten owned by an 8lb sledge hammer. The guy beat Oklahoma when he had all year to game plan for the only game that mattered on his schedule. Then had the perfect storm of cluster fuck happen to Oklahoma combined with some admittedly shitty coaching that game to win that one. Then proceeded to lose to mid major teams.

I'm as unhappy with recruiting the last couple weeks as anyone, but you know what? Brown used to beat us in recruiting pretty much every year and Stoops owned his ass. Let's see what Herman (yet another coach to come into the league with big hype because he knocked off a couple good teams) does for at least a season before rolling out the promises and shit talking, because you know what? I remember a lot of the same shit being said about Strong and Patterson to name two.

I guess Stoops was more focused on the La-Monroe game.