• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Indiana is going to fire Crean?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crean would probably do well at a SDSU or Memphis.. Basically a team in a weaker conference that has the tools to recruit.. He's a Steve Fischer/Josh Pastner type of coach..

Other than he freaks out and screams like he's a Harbaugh or a Tom Izzo product.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do, I think he's done awesome at Nebraska.

But I think IU is desperate for a heavy hitter type of coach. The jury is still out on Miles' recruiting ability.

I hope IU keeps the same attitude as you about Miles.

Recruit all the 4 and 5 stars you want, but if you can't coach em up and put the pieces together they'll suck.

I can only imagine what Miles could do with in-state Indiana players. He does wonders with 2 and 3 stars.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Recruit all the 4 and 5 stars you want, but if you can't coach em up and put the pieces together they'll suck.

I can only imagine what Miles could do with in-state Indiana players. He does wonders with 2 and 3 stars.

That's true, I agree completely. If it was a fantasy world I'd want Brad Stevens.

The only thing about Miles is, expectations weren't high. Do you think he can continue to win, and coach players to higher abilities with much higher expectations? And I don't mean at IU, I mean any big hoops school that would like to hire him.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should be his agent, because the highlighted line is kind of selling me.

I will say this, I'd rather have Miles than the speculated rumor of Woodson.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should be his agent, because the highlighted line is kind of selling me.

I will say this, I'd rather have Miles than the speculated rumor of Woodson.

Stan Heath is available. lol

apparently, Jim Calhoun would be interested in returning to coaching.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, I agree completely. If it was a fantasy world I'd want Brad Stevens.

The only thing about Miles is, expectations weren't high. Do you think he can continue to win, and coach players to higher abilities with much higher expectations? And I don't mean at IU, I mean any big hoops school that would like to hire him.

He's won everywhere he's been, he's built something from nothing everywhere he's been. So yeah I think he'll maintain it.

As I pointed out before, it's relatively nothing to take over a blue-blood program, with top notch facilities, an established recruiting pipeline, and just squeak by a la Bo Pelini.

It's entirely another building one from scratch in just 2 years.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan Heath is available. lol

apparently, Jim Calhoun would be interested in returning to coaching.

Calhoun is old and has some medical issues doesn't he? I'd rather just bring Knight back lol

And Calhoun runs a dirty program, IU can't afford that after Sampson

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calhoun is old and has some medical issues doesn't he? I'd rather just bring Knight back lol

And Calhoun runs a dirty program, IU can't afford that after Sampson

I believe Calhoun is 73. So is SMU's coach....what's his name? I'm drunk now and it escapes me.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why get Cronin when teams can get Ollie?

#outcoached

Cronin most sought after coach hahahahaha

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Victor was either a sophomore or junior, pretty sure it was junior

my bad then...I thought he was a redshirt frosh. he was a lottery pick and is one reason why IU is struggling. He had an excellent outside shot...which IU is missing this year. Craft is a great PG and defender, but isn't the best at spreading the D.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oladipo was definitely a junior. He didn't leap crazy early for the draft

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back on point. When Sampson took the job there was not a single legit coach in this country that was willing to coach IU - the timing was horrible. So they corrected that mistake and hire what they believed at the time was the best coach available. Crean did as much as he is capable of doing. He more or less put IU back on the map and created more distance from the era of the biggest asshole in coaching history. Crean did what he was paid to do - maybe even a little more. IU is a great job again - one of the very best jobs in CBB. Crean is now over his head , it's no secret. I would bet IU has/is sending feelers out to Brad Stevens to see if he's interested. Stevens is proven and perfect for IU. His experiment in the NBA has been a disaster an the IU job is enough to get him out of Boston. Ok that's my take , go ahead and rip it apart.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bad then...I thought he was a redshirt frosh. he was a lottery pick and is one reason why IU is struggling. He had an excellent outside shot...which IU is missing this year. Craft is a great PG and defender, but isn't the best at spreading the D.

damn jonvi you don't watch much B10 bball do you?

Oladipo's one weakness was his outside shot, even last year (albeit he improved greatly year to year at IU)
Craft is on the Oh-how-I-Hate-Ohio-State Buckeyes

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back on point. When Sampson took the job there was not a single legit coach in this country that was willing to coach IU - the timing was horrible. So they corrected that mistake and hire what they believed at the time was the best coach available. Crean did as much as he is capable of doing. He more or less put IU back on the map and created more distance from the era of the biggest asshole in coaching history. Crean did what he was paid to do - maybe even a little more. IU is a great job again - one of the very best jobs in CBB. Crean is now over his head , it's no secret. I would bet IU has/is sending feelers out to Brad Stevens to see if he's interested. Stevens is proven and perfect for IU. His experiment in the NBA has been a disaster an the IU job is enough to get him out of Boston. Ok that's my take , go ahead and rip it apart.

no offense to all you "Brad stevens to IU" guys, but you have, LITERALLY, no fucking idea what you are talking about. Do you REALLY think Brad Stevens was expected to win this year, by the front office, Celts fans, or even himself? We traded 2 future HOFers in the offseason to get draft picks to build for the future. If anything he has won TOO MANY games this year, hurting our chances at the top overall pick.

Man some of you have no clue.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn jonvi you don't watch much B10 bball do you?

Oladipo's one weakness was his outside shot, even last year (albeit he improved greatly year to year at IU)
Craft is on the Oh-how-I-Hate-Ohio-State Buckeyes

No....I knew he did better than you've suggested. Craft's future in bball will be coaching. Beyond that, very scrappy kid, smart, but doesn't hold a candle to VO.

2012-13 (JUNIOR)
BIG TEN RANKINGS (ALL GAMES):
11th - scoring (13.6)
10th - Rebounding (6.3)
1st - FG pct (.599)
1st- STEALS (2.2)

BIG TEN RANKINGS (BIG TEN GAMES):
12th - scoring (13.9)
8th - Rebounding (6.7)
1st - FG PCT (.572)
T7th - Free Throw Pct. (.800)
T2nd - Steals (2.0)
T14th - Blocked shots (0.8) • First Team All-Big Ten (Coaches & Media)
• Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year & Big Ten All-Defensive Team (Coaches)
Sporting News National Player of the Year & First Team All-American
• NABC and USBWA First Team All-American
Associated Press First Team All-American
• John R. Wooden All-American Team
• NABC Co-Defensive Player of the Year (First in school history)
• Winner of the Eddie Sutton Tustenugee Award
• Set the Indiana single-season steals record (78)

Finalist for Wooden Award, Robertson Trophy and Naismith Award ... named First Team All-American by USBWA and Sporting News... named National Player of the Year by the Sporting News... First Team All-District 7 and First Team All-American by the NABC ... also named Co-Defensive Player of the Year by the NABC, becoming the first IU player to ever receive the award ... First Team All-American by Associated Press ... named to John R. Wooden All-America Team ... recipient of the Eddie Sutton Tustenugee Award ... Academic All-Big Ten ... played in all 36 games and averaged 13.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, 2.2 steals and 2.1 assists ... ended his career with 1,117 points, good for 37th on the career scoring list at Indiana ... led the Big Ten with a 59.9 field goal percentage, the fourth-best single-season field goal percentage in school history ... recorded 78 steals to set a new single-season record at Indiana ... his career steals total of 161 ranks third in school history ... had 36 steals in Big Ten play as a junior, the second-best single-season Big Ten total in IU history ... shot 44.1 percent from the 3-point line

Aaron Craft...though I like the little guy, he wishes Olidapo's jock were still there for him to sniff.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no offense to all you "Brad stevens to IU" guys, but you have, LITERALLY, no fucking idea what you are talking about. Do you REALLY think Brad Stevens was expected to win this year, by the front office, Celts fans, or even himself? We traded 2 future HOFers in the offseason to get draft picks to build for the future. If anything he has won TOO MANY games this year, hurting our chances at the top overall pick.

Man some of you have no clue.
man did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today or what? relax will ya? How many coaches over the yrs have left the college game for the NBA only to come back? 100,000 or maybe more? Could you consider the possibility Stevens doesn't like the NBA and considers the IU job as the best job in basketball? Christ almighty you are full of yourself today.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No....I knew he did better than you've suggested. Craft's future in bball will be coaching. Beyond that, very scrappy kid, smart, but doesn't hold a candle to VO.

2012-13 (JUNIOR)
BIG TEN RANKINGS (ALL GAMES):
11th - scoring (13.6)
10th - Rebounding (6.3)
1st - FG pct (.599)
1st- STEALS (2.2)

BIG TEN RANKINGS (BIG TEN GAMES):
12th - scoring (13.9)
8th - Rebounding (6.7)
1st - FG PCT (.572)
T7th - Free Throw Pct. (.800)
T2nd - Steals (2.0)
T14th - Blocked shots (0.8) • First Team All-Big Ten (Coaches & Media)
• Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year & Big Ten All-Defensive Team (Coaches)
Sporting News National Player of the Year & First Team All-American
• NABC and USBWA First Team All-American
Associated Press First Team All-American
• John R. Wooden All-American Team
• NABC Co-Defensive Player of the Year (First in school history)
• Winner of the Eddie Sutton Tustenugee Award
• Set the Indiana single-season steals record (78)
Finalist for Wooden Award, Robertson Trophy and Naismith Award ... named First Team All-American by USBWA and Sporting News... named National Player of the Year by the Sporting News... First Team All-District 7 and First Team All-American by the NABC ... also named Co-Defensive Player of the Year by the NABC, becoming the first IU player to ever receive the award ... First Team All-American by Associated Press ... named to John R. Wooden All-America Team ... recipient of the Eddie Sutton Tustenugee Award ... Academic All-Big Ten ... played in all 36 games and averaged 13.6 points, 6.3 rebounds, 2.2 steals and 2.1 assists ... ended his career with 1,117 points, good for 37th on the career scoring list at Indiana ... led the Big Ten with a 59.9 field goal percentage, the fourth-best single-season field goal percentage in school history ... recorded 78 steals to set a new single-season record at Indiana ... his career steals total of 161 ranks third in school history ... had 36 steals in Big Ten play as a junior, the second-best single-season Big Ten total in IU history ... shot 44.1 percent from the 3-point line

Aaron Craft...though I like the little guy, he wishes Olidapo's jock were still there for him to sniff.
Aaron Craft will never play the game again after college unless he goes overseas and plays for min.wage. He'd probably make a good coach someday but his playing days are done

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today or what? relax will ya? How many coaches over the yrs have left the college game for the NBA only to come back? 100,000 or maybe more? Could you consider the possibility Stevens doesn't like the NBA and considers the IU job as the best job in basketball? Christ almighty you are full of yourself today.

Dude I know, I am praying for the top overall pick so we can get wiggins, but Christ the celts are only 8 games back to make the playoffs. The east is such garbage as a whole this year.