• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Indiana is going to fire Crean?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches like Crean have to hate a guy like Tim Miles who can make something out of nothing and make some of his peers look bad in the process.

It's what I don't like about Bo Pelini. Sure he wins 9 games a year at a blueblood like Nebraska, but let's see him do that at Indiana. Let's see him build something from scratch.

So if Indiana does decide to part ways with Crean, I wonder if they make a big push for Miles?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mick Cronin is probably the hottest coaching commodity in the country. Indiana should throw everything they have at him.

I doubt Mick would leave, but you never know.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not keeping Indiana talent in Indiana though. Back to back Hoosierstate Mr. Basketball winners (Harris and Irvin) are up here. Plus McGary and GRIII. That has to bother a few boosters.

I can't tell you how many times I've bitched about this.

The luxury of coaching at Indiana is all the top notch in state talent. And he has missed on a ton of in state talent.

Also, don't forget about Branden Dawson at MSU

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches like Crean have to hate a guy like Tim Miles who can make something out of nothing and make some of his peers look bad in the process.

It's what I don't like about Bo Pelini. Sure he wins 9 games a year at a blueblood like Nebraska, but let's see him do that at Indiana. Let's see him build something from scratch.

So if Indiana does decide to part ways with Crean, I wonder if they make a big push for Miles?

Jesus Christ, I hope not.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said "recruiting is his problem"

You are wrong any way you try an twist it. Cream has always got good recruits. COACHING in game is his problem.

Now you've learned something today.

Do I need to paint by numbers for you?

Exactly

A team not gelling isn't because of "recruiting" it's because of coaching

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said "recruiting is his problem"

You are wrong any way you try an twist it. Cream has always got good recruits. COACHING in game is his problem.

Now you've learned something today.

Do I need to paint by numbers for you?

Not only do you recruit for talent, but also character.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell you how many times I've bitched about this.

The luxury of coaching at Indiana is all the top notch in state talent. And he has missed on a ton of in state talent.

Also, don't forget about Branden Dawson at MSU

Oooops, I forgot all about Dawson. That's another key miss. Left Spike and Dakich off since they're bench guys, but I love Spike.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mick Cronin is probably the hottest coaching commodity in the country. Indiana should throw everything they have at him.

I doubt Mick would leave, but you never know.

Slow down there. I hardly ever hear him on the coaching carousel. His resume isn't exactly eye popping.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do you recruit for talent, but also character.

Indiana hasn't struggled with character though. They haven't had guys constantly causing a scene or being disruptive that I know of. And at Marquette it was never an issue.

He just struggles with in game coaching and making adjustments. As many said, he had amazing players last year and really got the bare minimum.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's outstanding. You don't have a clue.

You don't have a clue. You are the biggest blind homer there is and are literally wrong about everything.

What's outstanding about his resume?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooops, I forgot all about Dawson. That's another key miss. Left Spike and Dakich off since they're bench guys, but I love Spike.

Ah yes, Use to play in a league against his brother.

His brother is better.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crean has been an excellent recruiter, but his in game coaching has not been up to par at all.. He's had two very good seasons and has done well after starting rough at IU, but he needs to get it together next year, or I think the hot seat is warranted for him... Indiana needs to aim very high if Crean is canned..

Now I know he's missed on a ton of in state recruits, but he's stilled landed very high profile players like Zeller, Ferrell and Vonleh along with several others.. I don't think recruiting is the problem unless Indiana expects him to recruit four 5 stars per year...

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the career rap sheet you hear from fans and some insiders is that Crean is a great recruiter but a borderline terrible xs and os coach. I wouldn't be shocked if IU let him go. It might even be the best thing for Crean. Given his liabilities, he'd probably be better off at a school that's just satisfied making the tourny and competing for a conference title every few years. But a place like Indiana that's looking for their glory years? That's probably over his head

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crean would probably do well at a SDSU or Memphis.. Basically a team in a weaker conference that has the tools to recruit.. He's a Steve Fischer/Josh Pastner type of coach..

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like Miles?

I do, I think he's done awesome at Nebraska.

But I think IU is desperate for a heavy hitter type of coach. The jury is still out on Miles' recruiting ability.