• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, I goofed for this week...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of you know, I made a pretty big trade in my main league and dealt Kupp and Kyler for Mahomes and AJ Green. I knew going into this week that my bench space was pretty limited and that one of my DBs got hurt last week. I also knew that if I made that trade, I would have to pick up a QB to start this week with Mahomes gimpy and Goff on bye. So, I dropped my DB and picked up a QB for this week. I figured I would just not start a DB and if my game was close after Sunday night, I would drop Devondre Campbell (on bye) and pick up a DB in the MNF game. What I didn't realize is that I also have a DL on bye, so now I would be 2 players short.

These are the players on my bench this week...

QB - Goff - I would rather not drop him, but I don't need him for anything more than insurance with Mahomes
QB - Mahomes - No fucking way
RB - Conner/Samuels - Whichever one doesn't play (or Samuels if Conner plays). Can't drop either with the injury situation.
RB - DFree - Would rather not drop, but may be able to give him away in a trade. Wouldn't be getting good value back, though.
RB - Marlon Mack - Same as Freeman.
WR - AJ Green - Not dropping
WR - DJ Moore - Would rather not drop. May be able to trade for bad value, but I don't have a target in mind like I do for Freeman
LB - Devondre Campbell - 13th ranked LB in a league that starts 7 IDPs.

Brief summary of my league positioning. I am in 1st in my division at 7-1 and I have another team (that I play next week) right on my heels at 6-2. I would have a 1st round bye in the playoffs if they started today. My last 5 games are pretty tough with the aforementioned 6-2 team, the other 6-2 team, and the other 7-1 team in that mix. My other two games are a guy who is 3-5, but seems to be getting stronger every week and the team I play this week is only 3-5, but is #3 in points scored in the league.

My options...

- Say "fuck it"and press my luck starting 14 vs 16 and drop Campbell and Goff if it is close going into Monday Night, where I would whoever I picked up from the scrap heap going against K Brett Maher (averaging just over 9 ppg) and LB Jaylon Smith (averaging just over 10 ppg). I would need to have a pretty big lead to feel comfortable not picking someone up.

- Drop Campbell and Goff and start a full lineup and hope to get them back in FA next week. We use a blind bidding auction for FA, so I would have to pay money to get them. And it's not like other BBFAs where you have so much that you can spend for the year. There is no cap, but you have to actually pay what you bid into the pot. If I wanted both of them, I would probably have to spend about $20 to make sure I get them back.

- Try to work out a trade. There are only a few teams that would start DJ Moore most every week (including the guy I play this week) and none of them have anything special at DL or DB. There is a guy who is not doing well (2-6) that would start Devonta Freeman every week. His only other RB worth half a damn is Jordan Howard. He has Myles Garrett (#3 DL) and Landon Collins (#2 DB). I went after Garrett before the pick trading deadline and he said he would not make a deal that doesn't include a RB. I think I could possibly get both for Freeman. Should I go for it and really fortify my IDPs to possibly win this week?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
attempt the Freeman trade for 2 stud IDPs

if not, I'd go the route of trying to get by without dropping anyone, 14 vs 16

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously swung a trade. But I’m still if the opinion aj green has zero value right now. Still a giant question mark. Still hasn’t played. Still on the bengals. Now has Finley.

Hopeful upside yes, but u can say the same with Chris Conley, who is playing.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As most of you know, I made a pretty big trade in my main league and dealt Kupp and Kyler for Mahomes and AJ Green. I knew going into this week that my bench space was pretty limited and that one of my DBs got hurt last week. I also knew that if I made that trade, I would have to pick up a QB to start this week with Mahomes gimpy and Goff on bye. So, I dropped my DB and picked up a QB for this week. I figured I would just not start a DB and if my game was close after Sunday night, I would drop Devondre Campbell (on bye) and pick up a DB in the MNF game. What I didn't realize is that I also have a DL on bye, so now I would be 2 players short.

These are the players on my bench this week...

QB - Goff - I would rather not drop him, but I don't need him for anything more than insurance with Mahomes
QB - Mahomes - No fucking way
RB - Conner/Samuels - Whichever one doesn't play (or Samuels if Conner plays). Can't drop either with the injury situation.
RB - DFree - Would rather not drop, but may be able to give him away in a trade. Wouldn't be getting good value back, though.
RB - Marlon Mack - Same as Freeman.
WR - AJ Green - Not dropping
WR - DJ Moore - Would rather not drop. May be able to trade for bad value, but I don't have a target in mind like I do for Freeman
LB - Devondre Campbell - 13th ranked LB in a league that starts 7 IDPs.

Brief summary of my league positioning. I am in 1st in my division at 7-1 and I have another team (that I play next week) right on my heels at 6-2. I would have a 1st round bye in the playoffs if they started today. My last 5 games are pretty tough with the aforementioned 6-2 team, the other 6-2 team, and the other 7-1 team in that mix. My other two games are a guy who is 3-5, but seems to be getting stronger every week and the team I play this week is only 3-5, but is #3 in points scored in the league.

My options...

- Say "fuck it"and press my luck starting 14 vs 16 and drop Campbell and Goff if it is close going into Monday Night, where I would whoever I picked up from the scrap heap going against K Brett Maher (averaging just over 9 ppg) and LB Jaylon Smith (averaging just over 10 ppg). I would need to have a pretty big lead to feel comfortable not picking someone up.

- Drop Campbell and Goff and start a full lineup and hope to get them back in FA next week. We use a blind bidding auction for FA, so I would have to pay money to get them. And it's not like other BBFAs where you have so much that you can spend for the year. There is no cap, but you have to actually pay what you bid into the pot. If I wanted both of them, I would probably have to spend about $20 to make sure I get them back.

- Try to work out a trade. There are only a few teams that would start DJ Moore most every week (including the guy I play this week) and none of them have anything special at DL or DB. There is a guy who is not doing well (2-6) that would start Devonta Freeman every week. His only other RB worth half a damn is Jordan Howard. He has Myles Garrett (#3 DL) and Landon Collins (#2 DB). I went after Garrett before the pick trading deadline and he said he would not make a deal that doesn't include a RB. I think I could possibly get both for Freeman. Should I go for it and really fortify my IDPs to possibly win this week?

Drop the linebacker.

Of course I'd try to make a trade first, but replacing any IDP won't be difficult.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a good week, IDP gets you maybe 8 or 9 points. I'm with TKO, drop the LB on bye.

Steelers brings up a good point too. But IDP are more fluid and replaceable IMO.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a good week, IDP gets you maybe 8 or 9 points. I'm with TKO, drop the LB on bye.

Steelers brings up a good point too. But IDP are more fluid and replaceable IMO.
totaally agree on that point, was more about the trade in general