• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, are we in trouble yet?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5FfJ89rGPc]WAR - Why Can't We Be Friends - YouTube[/ame]

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No anger here.... just zero tolerance for stupidity and you seem to overflow with it!!!
You got all the answers and feel the need to start another :bullshit: thread everytime something doesn't measure up to the standards of your feeble little mind....

Who cares where you question the Steelers??? Your nothing more than a fair weather fan, you do nothing but complain about a team when they dont live up to Super Bowl caliber each and every year. You got nothing but negative things to say, ever, about the team.

And as far as my childhood... don't worry about how I was treated, I always got the best of what I needed. But since you seem to wanna tap into the personals of lives, I wasn't raised by neanderthals and fair weather fans such as yourself so take your own advice and go fuck yourself!!!

You know...I was reading through some threads here and I noticed something....

YOU question the Steelers, too.

You said of their performace in Baltimore, "They played with no heart", and - in this very thread - said the teams in the 80's, 'hit a slump'.

Well now...isn't that interesting? It would seem that YOU can question their heart - something which is impossible to measure - but if *I* do it, then I just have to STFU and drink the kool aid.

Hypocrite much?

So I'm going to beat you with your own yardstick and I'm going to enjoy it....

Who are YOU to question Chuck Noll's teams of the 80's?! Maybe you should have been coaching them, huh? You think YOU could have done a better job than a HoF coach? You probably do - you're a fair weather fan and all.

And who are YOU to question a teams heart? I didn't see YOU out there on the field against the Ravens. Nope, you just on here running your mouth as usual, PW.

You're a hypocrite, PW - plain and simple.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know...I was reading through some threads here and I noticed something....

YOU question the Steelers, too.

You said of their performace in Baltimore, "They played with no heart", and - in this very thread - said the teams in the 80's, 'hit a slump'.

Well now...isn't that interesting? It would seem that YOU can question their heart - something which is impossible to measure - but if *I* do it, then I just have to STFU and drink the kool aid.

Hypocrite much?

So I'm going to beat you with your own yardstick and I'm going to enjoy it....

Who are YOU to question Chuck Noll's teams of the 80's?! Maybe you should have been coaching them, huh? You think YOU could have done a better job than a HoF coach? You probably do - you're a fair weather fan and all.

And who are YOU to question a teams heart? I didn't see YOU out there on the field against the Ravens. Nope, you just on here running your mouth as usual, PW.

You're a hypocrite, PW - plain and simple.

Yea, I said the slump of the 80's.... I didnt say fire Chuck Noll or all the O coaches or every player that stunk up the field Did I genius????

And yea I did say they played with no heart, But I didn't make a thread saying OMG Are we in trouble yet???? And I didnt go spouting off that Tomlin should be shit canned, Did I???
I said they played with no heart, did you see where they played with heart??? There were many bright spots in that game.... Bell refused to give up, Heath played die hard as usual, and Ben was Ben... But there was a lot of heart lacking in the play. I didn't want anyone fired like the shit drink you have swallowed.

So Oh So Great And Knowing Coach of All Bullshit, plain and simple hypocrite this and learn a little reading comprehention

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tool.gif

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I said the slump of the 80's.... I didnt say fire Chuck Noll or all the O coaches or every player that stunk up the field Did I genius????

And yea I did say they played with no heart, But I didn't make a thread saying OMG Are we in trouble yet???? And I didnt go spouting off that Tomlin should be shit canned, Did I???
I said they played with no heart, did you see where they played with heart??? There were many bright spots in that game.... Bell refused to give up, Heath played die hard as usual, and Ben was Ben... But there was a lot of heart lacking in the play. I didn't want anyone fired like the shit drink you have swallowed.

So Oh So Great And Knowing Coach of All Bullshit, plain and simple hypocrite this and learn a little reading comprehention

Again, YOU'RE allowed to criticize but I'm not?

Please...go back and show me where I said we had to fire Mike Tomlin. This ought to be good.

Go ahead...I'll wait. :whistle:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, YOU'RE allowed to criticize but I'm not?

Please...go back and show me where I said we had to fire Mike Tomlin. This ought to be good.

Go ahead...I'll wait. :whistle:

I didn't critisize I stated the truth.... You just bitch about everything that you feel didnt go the way you would of done it.... thats all you fairweather fans do is bitch because you just got all the knowledge of the world!!!!

I'm not diggin in all your bullshit posts, just tell me when was the last time you started a positive thread about the team you say you love so much??? Because you never have, its always some bullshit negative responce to something the Steelers have done...Always!!!

So now what blow hard

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't critisize I stated the truth.... You just bitch about everything that you feel didnt go the way you would of done it.... thats all you fairweather fans do is bitch because you just got all the knowledge of the world!!!!

I'm not diggin in all your bullshit posts, just tell me when was the last time you started a positive thread about the team you say you love so much??? Because you never have, its always some bullshit negative responce to something the Steelers have done...Always!!!

So now what blow hard

In other words, I challenged you to show me where I said Tomlin should be fired and you couldn't.

You stated the truth? Really?

PROVE the Steelers played with no heart vs. the Ravens.

You can't. It's impossible.

What I did however was to state FACTS! I said, about the Ravens game, we had no pass rush - truth. Our offense hasn't scored any TD's - truth. I said we turned the ball over twice - truth. That is stating facts. You stated something that is impossible to prove. That's an opinion.

I expect more from the Steelers and I'll tell you why:

We have the best owners in the game.

We have arguably the best FO in the game.

We have one of the best coaches in the game.

We have one of the best QB's in the game and have spent some great draft picks along the Oline in recent years, and have Bell as our RB (also a high draft pick). We have a talented, but unproven WR corp. We spent draft picks on DL and LB's as well.

Put that together with the Ravens were reeling from the Ray Rice fiasco and we should have won that game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, I challenged you to show me where I said Tomlin should be fired and you couldn't.

What I did however was to state FACTS! I said, about the Ravens game, we had no pass rush - truth. Our offense hasn't scored any TD's - truth. I said we turned the ball over twice - truth. That is stating facts. You stated something that is impossible to prove. That's an opinion.

We have one of the best QB's in the game and have spent some great draft picks along the Oline in recent years, and have Bell as our RB (also a high draft pick). We have a talented, but unproven WR corp. We spent draft picks on DL and LB's as well.

Put that together with the Ravens were reeling from the Ray Rice fiasco and we should have won that game.

I picked us to win that game off a similar theory, but the reality is they were way more pumped up following a home loss to CIN and it was a much bigger game for them...much like Sunday Night was for us vs CAR and it showed on the field.

Still...I expected a better effort than 6 points...that deserved criticism...not you, but the fire Tomlin stuff I thought was over the top so early...really difficult to respond to that after 3 games.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked us to win that game off a similar theory, but the reality is they were way more pumped up following a home loss to CIN and it was a much bigger game for them...much like Sunday Night was for us vs CAR and it showed on the field.

Still...I expected a better effort than 6 points...that deserved criticism...not you, but the fire Tomlin stuff I thought was over the top so early...really difficult to respond to that after 3 games.

I thought so as well, which is why I didn't call for Tomlin to be fired.

The only criticism I have of him is that the team draws to many flags - they just seem undisciplined.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so as well, which is why I didn't call for Tomlin to be fired.

The only criticism I have of him is that the team draws to many flags - they just seem undisciplined.

I was Noll guy, a Cowher guy, and now a Tomlin guy...I was probably a bit young to be criticizing Noll especially early on, but I remember Cowher being criticized for losing a playoff games, at home no less and I agreed with it... so it (criticism) comes with the territory...really for any team, but one with 6 SBs win the standard is a little higher..

Tomlin didn't build the teams he took to the SB so he's gets it from that angle too, but they have been getting a lot of flags and it actually continued the other night....I was fine with DeCastro's 15 yd for defending a teammate and every team is getting hit with the PI penalties until they figure out just what the refs how the refs are going to let them play... but the holding calls, illegal motion, etc...they need to clean up.

My thinking here is the team still responds to Tomlin when things have gone bad previously (the effort after the 0-4 start LY, and in CAR the other night are good examples)...when the team starts following up bad performances with more of the same consistently...then it's time to change the HC imo.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game isn't gonna change my opinion of this team, especially defensively. We've had three years of this defense being average to bad, especially their inability to lock it down late, and now two of the solutions, Shazier and Jones, are hurt. And we're still stuck with retreads like Keisel, Gay, and now Harrison playing significant time.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game isn't gonna change my opinion of this team, especially defensively. We've had three years of this defense being average to bad, especially their inability to lock it down late, and now two of the solutions, Shazier and Jones, are hurt. And we're still stuck with retreads like Keisel, Gay, and now Harrison playing significant time.

I'm not convinced that Harrison is going to be playing significant time in this defense now, or anytime soon. Moats came in for JJ on Sunday, and by my eyes, he performed beyond expectations (he even notched a sack). I have no problem seeing Moats get back in there on Sunday against the Bucs. The only area of concern I have with Moats is his ability to cover a back or TE in pass coverage. He doesn't move near as well as JJ can, and that will obviously be one of the biggest downgrades in losing Jones for a couple weeks.

I thought that Keisel and Gay played very well on Sunday night. Keisel, McLendon and Heyward were pretty much dominant against a respectable O-line in Carolina. IMHO, Willie Gay was the best cornerback on the field on Sunday night. He's still as advertised. Undersized, but a sure tackler that can make the play in the open field on his own. The corner I am most concerned about right now is Allen. He's played like crap since week one, IMO.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was Noll guy, a Cowher guy, and now a Tomlin guy...I was probably a bit young to be criticizing Noll especially early on, but I remember Cowher being criticized for losing a playoff games, at home no less and I agreed with it... so it (criticism) comes with the territory...really for any team, but one with 6 SBs win the standard is a little higher..

Tomlin didn't build the teams he took to the SB so he's gets it from that angle too, but they have been getting a lot of flags and it actually continued the other night....I was fine with DeCastro's 15 yd for defending a teammate and every team is getting hit with the PI penalties until they figure out just what the refs how the refs are going to let them play... but the holding calls, illegal motion, etc...they need to clean up.

My thinking here is the team still responds to Tomlin when things have gone bad previously (the effort after the 0-4 start LY, and in CAR the other night are good examples)...when the team starts following up bad performances with more of the same consistently...then it's time to change the HC imo.

I was fine with DeCastro's penalty as well it the others...the encrotchments, false starts, etc that indicate lack of discipline.

People will argue with me but I think last year was actually one of Tomlin's best years. The team starts 0-4 and ends up 8-8. He kept the team from quitting and won a lot of games when a lot of other teams could have quit.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont have to prove it, it was as plain as the pie hole in your face..... guys missing tackles, O-line just being the o-line, and players giving up on plays.... You give up on plays and it shows you are playing with no heart..... Or what's your therory, oh yea thats right, you post up stupid threads of "Are we in trouble yet?"

It was the second game of the season.... what kind of fan (Fair weather fan, Bandwagon fan) thinks they are in deep shit after ONLY two games of a season!!! I can totally understand if your a Raiders fan.... but not a Steeler fan.

Who the fuck cares about the ray rice bullshit and the state of the Ratbirds.... bottom line it was the Ravens, One of the most heated rivalries of the NFL. They, like always, turned it up because it was a major rival. The Steelers did not, turn it up, they did not play with heart. I played the game many years ago and you can see it, if you cant get a bigger tv.... They played with no heart!!!!!!!!
Just like you start threads for the dumb ass sake of starting them, you have no heart in the team you call your own...........

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One way or the other, I would hope not...you would be on a serious rollercoaster with this team if you did.

Gay...has actually performed well and I think would be the nickel on at least 50% of the teams in the league...I have to agree with you on Brett and JH...but I have to assume JH will not see a lot of mins and even though I would like to see Tuitt getting those snaps, Keisel is basically a filler player.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One way or the other, I would hope not...you would be on a serious rollercoaster with this team if you did.

Gay...has actually performed well and I think would be the nickel on at least 50% of the teams in the league...I have to agree with you on Brett and JH...but I have to assume JH will not see a lot of mins and even though I would like to see Tuitt getting those snaps, Keisel is basically a filler player.

Fair enough on Gay, can't deny he is playing well speaking more to the nature of him bouncing around the league for years, yet still gets spots of younger players with upside.

I would like to believe Harrison won't play significant time, but I'd like to think they would never have had to sign him in the first place. Same with Keisel, sign him off the street and he is playing 60% of the snaps on defense.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew they weren't as bad as they looked last Thursday night. And it's no surprise to me that through three weeks of Thursday night football in 2014, the home team is currently 3-0.

Thursday night games are atrocious. It's just a cash grab by the greedy NFL and their networks. It's a damn shame that they force players to prepare on three days rest, and force coaches to concoct a game plan in the same amount of time.

^^^This sums up what I was talking about. Thursday night football is a freakin' joke. You can't take anything away from these games and apply it to how a team is performing.

Last edited by a moderator: