• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, are we in trouble yet?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough on Gay, can't deny he is playing well speaking more to the nature of him bouncing around the league for years, yet still gets spots of younger players with upside.

I would like to believe Harrison won't play significant time, but I'd like to think they would never have had to sign him in the first place. Same with Keisel, sign him off the street and he is playing 60% of the snaps on defense.

Yeah I'm with you...generally speaking the Steelers have had a hard time transitioning to younger players.

I don't have as big a problem with Gay because I knew CB was going to be shaky when they resigned Ike a few years ago...I said then, they could've extended Keenan Lewis early and made a decision on Allen after his 1st yr as a starter...also missing on Hawthorne was a slight blow. Hopefully Lake can work with Shaq Richardson else CBs with size will be a huge need next year.

Honestly I was a little surprised they brought Keisel back...I really thought Cam Thomas/Heyward/Tuitt/N.Williams or Mauro was going to be the rotation but they thought otherwise after the run DEF looked so porous in preseason.

OLB...I think Zumwalt was going to get some mins...or at least be active so they went light on OLB...but I would've like to have seen this Howard Johnson kid get some snaps.

After back to back .500 seasons I get it, but at some point these young guys need to get snaps.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This sums up what I was talking about. Thursday night football is a freakin' joke. You can't take anything away from these games and apply it to how a team is performing.

TNF...18 game season, expanding playoffs again...these guys are well on their way to killing the golden goose.

Pretty soon they will be after Pay per view.

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^This sums up what I was talking about. Thursday night football is a freakin' joke. You can't take anything away from these games and apply it to how a team is performing.

Didn't mind them so much when they were only in the second half.

I used to like the saturday games they had around Christmas time 10-15 years ago. I think the first Eli Ben matchup in 04 was on a saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm with you...generally speaking the Steelers have had a hard time transitioning to younger players.

I don't have as big a problem with Gay because I knew CB was going to be shaky when they resigned Ike a few years ago...I said then, they could've extended Keenan Lewis early and made a decision on Allen after his 1st yr as a starter...also missing on Hawthorne was a slight blow. Hopefully Lake can work with Shaq Richardson else CBs with size will be a huge need next year.

Honestly I was a little surprised they brought Keisel back...I really thought Cam Thomas/Heyward/Tuitt/N.Williams or Mauro was going to be the rotation but they thought otherwise after the run DEF looked so porous in preseason.

OLB...I think Zumwalt was going to get some mins...or at least be active so they went light on OLB...but I would've like to have seen this Howard Johnson kid get some snaps.

After back to back .500 seasons I get it, but at some point these young guys need to get snaps.

It's just strange to me these younger db's can't even get on the field. It's hard for me to believe these guys can't at least contribute on special teams. We're in year two of Shamarko and he he's played < 10 snaps on d all year as another example.

Should Harrison be active this week? Seriously asking.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 penalties today.

THIRTEEN!!!

I can't get mad at the refs if our guys are guilty.

Our defense can't stop a nose bleed right now.

This game should have been a 'W'.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 penalties today.

THIRTEEN!!!

Don't worry though, Tomlin's on it. He said so himself. Of course he could have been a real coach, and actually benched these guys after stupid after the whistle penalties. Instead he just talks in mindless platitudes/cliches.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I especially loved the Unsportsmanlike called on Heyward after complaining about the blatantly missed holding that allowed the tying touchdown.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 penalties today.

THIRTEEN!!!

I agree. There were two non-calls that got me a little riled. The holding on the one touchdown Tampa scored and the horse collar on Ben at the end of the half. It probably wouldn't have made a difference because the Steelers were going to let Tampa win this one no matter what. In the second half the Steelers couldn't tackle anyone without grabbing a facemask! Can't blame the refs and you can't blame the new rules, it was just stupidity on the part of the Steeler D. They were without Shazier and Taylor and that might have made a little difference, but they have to start drafting better on defense. I'm starting to think that Dick Lebeau should retire soon before he tarnishes is record.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. There were two non-calls that got me a little riled. The holding on the one touchdown Tampa scored and the horse collar on Ben at the end of the half. It probably wouldn't have made a difference because the Steelers were going to let Tampa win this one no matter what. In the second half the Steelers couldn't tackle anyone without grabbing a facemask! Can't blame the refs and you can't blame the new rules, it was just stupidity on the part of the Steeler D. They were without Shazier and Taylor and that might have made a little difference, but they have to start drafting better on defense. I'm starting to think that Dick Lebeau should retire soon before he tarnishes is record.

There was no horsecollar on the tackle with Ben because there is no horsecollaring in the pocket. It's legal.

Just so many penalties and that's what's killing us.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I said on 1st down...playaction to Heath, 2nd down...playaction to Heath...3rd down...at the time...Admittedly this is Monday morning QBing.

A. Brown drops a sure TD, plus another 1st down, J. Brown drops a TD, Wheaton a big drop...37 yd pun with no pressure, five 15 yd penalties...wrap that all together and you still likely win this game if Tomlin/Haley had the balls to put the game in their $100 mil QB's hands instead of a DEF that has probably 2 players, yes 2 ( Timmons & Heyward) that could start for any other team in the league.

This loss is on Tomlin imo.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no horsecollar on the tackle with Ben because there is no horsecollaring in the pocket. It's legal.

Just so many penalties and that's what's killing us.

I did not know that about the horse collar. OK. Agree though, too many penalties.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was actually six 15 yard penalties. Either way, 5 or 6 is 5 or 6 too many!!!!!!!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just one of several teams getting early wake up calls (add NO and NE).