• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sloane Stephens Wins First Career Title

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally!. The girl who was hailed as the next Serena Williams after she beat injured Serena at the AO finally gets a title- The Citi Open. Sloane Stephens beat Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova , 6-1, 6-2 for her first title. No let us see where her confidence will be for the next phase.

She became media darling after beating Serena appearing on many shows including Ellen and dissing Serena along the way. Surprisingly Serena took the high road and Sloane has imploded until now. I hope she learns her lesson.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Stephens say about Serena again? It was a few years ago.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do Stepehens and Keys have similar games?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat. Keys is better IMO.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Stephens say about Serena again? It was a few years ago.

Sloane Stephens rips Serena Williams in latest interview | Busted Racquet - Yahoo Sports

Here is a part of the story that comes out on May 13 ...

“She’s not said one word to me, not spoken to me, not said hi, not looked my way, not been in the same room with me since I played her in Australia,” Stephens says emphatically. “And that should tell everyone something, how she went from saying all these nice things about me to unfollowing me on Twitter.”

Her mom tries to slow her down, but Sloane is insistent. “Like, seriously! People should know. They think she’s so friendly and she’s so this and she’s so that — no, that’s not reality! You don’t unfollow someone on Twitter, delete them off of BlackBerry Messenger. I mean, what for? Why?”

Stephens went on to pound on any rumor that Williams was the person she looked up to as she was becoming the tennis player she is today. Sloane mentioned the infamous poster of Serena that she had on her wall, saying she waited three hours as a 12-year-old for Williams to sign it, but both Serena and sister Venus walked by without so much as an autograph.

And speaking of all that mentor stuff? Listen to what Stephens said about who she really loved to watch as a child.

“I’ve always said Kim Clijsters is my favorite player, so it’s kind of weird,” she says

Ouch.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

We may never know why, but if we do, I wonder why Serena deleted Stephens off of BlackBerry Messenger and Twitter.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the autograph thing though, that happens in a lot of sports. Athletes can't sign things for everyone. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Just have to catch them at the right moment.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

We may never know why, but if we do, I wonder why Serena deleted Stephens off of BlackBerry Messenger and Twitter.
Serena heard it all through the same media before they even went to print. How Sloane and her mother have been lambasting her to anybody who would listen in the media.