• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Mountain West Power Rankings Week 12

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things almost completely in form now

1. Boise State - Still unbeaten in conference play as they not only finally got a win over arch-nemesis Air Force and not only won but took it in a complete 44-19 blowout. To top it off they clinched a spot in the Mountain West championship, but guess what? This week they play Fresno State, the team they will face again the following week in the conference championship!

2. Fresno State - Their defense took full advantage of Josh Allen being out for Wyoming as they dominated most of the game, didn't close it out well as Wyoming somehow still had a chance to win at the end. They too clinched a spot in the Mountain West championship as their only conference loss was somehow to UNLV of all teams. Once again, they face Boise State the next two weeks...very bizarre. In the league's defense no one saw Fresno State making a conference championship run this year, but maybe there shouldn't be any more cross-division games to end the year.

3. San Diego State - They actually fell behind early against Nevada before Rashaad Penny went absolutely bonkers, breaking Marshall Faulk's school record for all-purpose yards in a game. San Diego State looked like they were in for a special season this year but completely pissed it away in a bad two game stretch.

4. Wyoming - Wyoming is struggling badly offensively without Josh Allen, for folks that don't think he is a great player just look at how inept this offense looks without him. He had some dud performances this year but Wyoming really lacks offensive talent outside the QB position, they were shutout against Fresno State until late. There is a solution for this though? What could this solution possibly be? Playing San Jose State.

5. Colorado State - Colorado State finally looked dominant for the first time since early October as they blew out the cure of all woes in San Jose State. Their regular season has concluded and they will await their bowl game after a somewhat disappointing 7-5 record.

6. Utah State - They had about as dominant of an effort as possible as they beat Hawai'i 38-0. Utah State will be in a bowl game after picking up that win for a solid rebound season. They have another shot at a win as they face a reeling Air Force on the road next.

7. Air Force - Air Force lost to Boise State in a blowout and now they can't make a bowl game this year, a rather surprisingly disappointing year for Air Force, though the tough schedule did not help. They conclude their season at home against Utah State.

8. UNLV - UNLV led most of the game against New Mexico but it seemed like they blew it when New Mexico scored a touchdown to take the lead with a little over a minute left but UNLV's offense drove back down the field and scored a touchdown to take the lead with 25 seconds left and win 38-35 to keep their bowl hopes alive...somehow. UNLV will go on the road against Nevada to try to take the Cannon and be bowl eligible for the first time in years.

9. Nevada - Nevada looked competitive for a little bit against San Diego State but Penny proved to be too much for them. In all reality Nevada had a terrible record in Norvell's first year, but they showed a lot of progress late and most of all they can completely ruin their rival UNLV's season if they can take them down Saturday.

10. New Mexico - New Mexico ended up with a horribly disappointing season after things had gone really well in the Bob Davie era. This year everything just suddenly fell apart, New Mexico hasn't won since September and overall they lost 6 in a row after a 3-2 start. They randomly blew out Air Force, which is the only reason they're ahead of Hawai'i. New Mexico just sees things get worse as they have to suffer through a game against San Diego State next.

11. Hawai'i - After so much promise in year one under Rolovich and a 2-0 start things seemed rather promising for Hawai'i this year, they've lost all but one game since then, that one win being over the pathetic San Jose State. Hawai'i concludes the season against another bad team in BYU.

12. San Jose State- The only good thing I can say about this team is their season finally ends on Saturday.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh - This season died when Bohl decided to run that stupid 'trick' play that got Allen hurt.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNLV isn't last in the rankings!:yes:

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Wyoming - .... they were shutout against Fresno State until late. There is a solution for this though? What could this solution possibly be? Playing San Jose State.

:L

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OrneryMerryDromedary-size_restricted.gif
1474.gif
giphy.gif

BoiseStateFan27